Ratings for Dr. John W. Werning

After chemo & radiation for late stage 4 base of tongue cancer, we made appt with Dr Werning for second opinion. Arrived the night before & husband started coughing up blood. Rushed to Shands ER. Dr Werning saved his life 4 times (arteries burst from radiation burns) & performed a miracle, in my opinion. While there was nothing further surgically that could be done, Dr Werning was honest, very up front & honest with us. Not naturally a touchy-freely doc if that's what you want, but I would rather hear the straight truth than have my hand petted. I truly feel, if there had been anything to be done, Dr Werning would be the one to do it

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I don't recommend this Doctor. I came in to see him as I have what looks like a piece of broken surgical sharp ribbon thin instrument caught between my tonsil, rear of tongue and jaw. Thus Dr instructed on pushing a tube up my nose to look that way and when he pulled it out a piece of freshly cut bone fell into my mouth. He didn't help me even though the studies showed missing tissue in the area and he is well qualified to have helped me. He is both a dentist and ENT. I have literally been stuck like this.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Would recommend this m.d. to everyone who has head and neck cancer. Wonderful caring doctor who has saved my life twice.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Saved my life, had stage 4 cancer and worked hard for my life. Any wait you have to see him is well worth it, it only means he TAKES TIME WITH HIS PATIENTS!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. John W. Werning's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1991)

Tufts