Ratings for Dr. Lovina H. Sabnani

So I had 2 children go see her for fluid in the ears. She was not so polite and made you feel uncomfortable. She referred us to an audiologist ehich her office made the appointment for us and gave us a card. They didnt tell me I needes a referal from my PCP and never called to get one either! Noe Im stuck with a $1200 dollar bill from the audiologist and my unsurence wont retro payment..... Awesome!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Subnani was very rude. But she really cares about your Heath and she's good at her job. I recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I've been calling their office multiple times everyday for 2 weeks now but nobody has been returning my call . No matter what time you call during ofc hours it will lead you to voicemail. How can you trust a medical team that you cannot reach? A trip to Oahu to see another Ent doctor is worth than trusting your health with this set of staff. I'm sorry.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Sabnani is a "no nonsense" kinda gal. She is smart, thorough and VERY GOOD at what she does. She is the best the island has to offer. I highly recommend her if you have any throat, ear, nose issues.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

At my last office visit over one year ago, I was interrogated on the prescriptions listed in my health records. You are supposed to feel comfortable with your doctor, but I felt like a criminal. Now that it is time to renew my nasal spray, I refuse because I don't want to deal with this doctor. She is the only option in Hilo, and I would rather be ill than have to step foot in her office again.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Unprofessional. Made rude, snarky comments. It was like she was scolding me the whole time, even though I wasn't provoking her or anything (by comparison her nurse was super nice and i even had a small conversation with her, a totally different experience). I said thank you anyway at the end because I'm polite but she just walked away. Made uncomfortable comments that made me feel like she was judging me. I want to look into seeing another ENT but since she's the only one on the island. I learned afterwards I'm not the only person who's been rubbed the wrong way by her apparently, but then I kind of just felt bad for her.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

My daughter had been having a sore throat and spots on her tonsils and throat that would remain for approximately a week, then disappear for 1-2 weeks. I called to make an appointment when her symptoms were at their worst, then had to wait 2 weeks for the appointment, during which time my 16 yr old daughter's symptoms went away. After a 15 minute visit, the doctor told me, in her professional opinion that my daughter was lying about her symptoms in order to avoid doing something. Since that appointment the symptoms continue to come and go, with no solution. But since there is only one ENT doctor on the island, there isn't much I can do. Now she's being seen by her primary doctor for other problems in the same general area, which could be related.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

My husband died the next day after having in office surgery with her

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

After my child became frightened at the yard long fiber optic cable that was to be inserted into her nose, the dr became very defensive. She told us to go and get an X-ray and that my child's should see a psychiatric for her nasal issues.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Lovina H. Sabnani's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Hilo, HI