Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey W. Tobias

*** Note: I posted this on the REAL SELF website as well*** My nose had a slight deviation from a nose injury, as well as droopy and bulbous tip that was not overly large, but definitely didn't compliment my face. It looked like my nose lacked a tip. I knew I wanted a closed rhinoplasty because I didn't want a scar and I wanted a shorter healing time. I was very afraid to go to a surgeon that would butcher up my nose and make it look unnatural and fake. If you are looking for natural results ... Dr. Tobias is the absolute best option out there. First of all, he only does closed rhinoplasties and has been doing so for many many years. I was skeptical to even consider a surgeon who could offer a closed rhinoplasty if they are mostly used to doing open rhinoplasties. Second of all, Dr. Tobias is very genuine and honest and will tell you exactly what he can and what he can't fix about your nose. He does not use any fancy computer imaging and try to sell you on the "perfect nose"- rather he tells you what can do to best improve your nose and give you the features that you want. I completely agree with him not using any computer imaging because he is right... none of those photoshopped pictures are a guarantee of results. He is a true artist because he gives each patient the nose that fits their face and fits well with all the other features. The recovery is amazing... I only took Tylenol for the pain and I am now 4 days post-op and got my cast removed today. I have slight bruising and my nose is still swollen, which is expected. But I can already see a HUGE improvement. And most importantly, I have no scars anywhere and everything looks NATURAL. He gave me the best improved version of my nose... natural beautiful results. All the staff Englewood Hospital were incredible and completely exceeded my expectations. The nurses there really took good care of me and made me comfortable. P.S. I heard about him through a girlfriend who had a procedure with him as well. She is 1 year post op and is very happy with her results.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Our 17 year old daughter had rhinoplasty done by Dr. Tobias earlier this month. We chose him based on several factors. First of all, he only does plastic surgery on noses (rhinoplasty). We liked that he specialized in rhinoplasty. Second of all, he does closed rhinoplasty, and not open. The recovery was amazing. While she is still swollen (its been only 1 and a half weeks), she feels great and is so happy with her nose. Finally, Englewood Hospital (where Dr. Tobias does his surgery) was incredible. From the anesthesiologist to the nurses, they could not have provided better service and care. You can't go wrong!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I am extremely happy with Dr. Tobias' work on my nose. Being a 21 year old guy, I was pretty hesitant at first as to whether or not I should get rhinoplasty done. I did not want it to look like I had a nose job, yet I still wanted a smaller nose. Dr. Tobias exceeded my expectations. My nose looks so natural and it fits my face perfectly. Not only did he do a fantastic job on my nose, but he is one of the nicest, most genuine doctors you will meet. I had minimal pain and bruising and I was back on my regular routine shortly after surgery. Another great part of Dr. Tobias' work is that he does closed rhinoplasty, unlike most doctors that we met with. I have no scarring and my nose looks amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Tobias... a true artist. A++

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I am a patient of Dr. Tobias. I had a deviated septum and a bump in my nose. Dr. Tobias was able to remove the bump and fix the deviation. No one could tell that I got a work done on my nose. My nose looks natural. I am of Middle Eastern ethnicity and live in Great Neck, New York. A lot of Middle Eastern men and women in Great Neck get their deviated septum and bump in their nose operated on in Tehran. And the result is a disaster. These patients end up with a ski slope nose that they can not use to breathe. I am glad I went to Dr. Tobias. My nose functions well and I look naturally great. My nose matches my face.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

I had a Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty done by Dr. Tobias In February of 2015. This has been absolutely life changing for me! I can breathe which was very difficult before. NO sinus infections in almost a year! And I love looking in the mirror EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! I did this at age 46. I should have done it twenty years ago. I had two drooping nostrils one much bigger than the other, a severly deviated septum, and a huge bump and hook nose. I am of italian descent...enough said :-) My nostrils are perfect, my nose is straight, there is no more huge hook or hump and no one can tell what exactly has changed my appearance. He is a magnificent doctor, artist and human being! I would have payed double for these results. I am forever grateful to him! Roseanne S.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I had a rhinoplasty done about three months ago by Dr. Tobias, and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I had trouble breathing out of my right nostril because of a deviated septum, and it was also physically smaller than the left. Additionally, my side profile was atrocious, and made me consistently self-conscious. Dr. Tobias not only corrected these issues, but was kind and attentive throughout the entire process. Additionally, his staff is phenomenal, and made visits extremely pleasant. Before the cast was removed I was able to eat almost anything, and even breathe through my nose. For someone with anxieties about surgery hospitals, and recovery, I could not have had a better experience.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I have had 7 surgeries on my nose over the past 10 years, and Dr. Tobias was the only surgeon that was able to properly fix it. I went to "experts" in NYC, and many other recommended doctors in the bergen county area. My mom, grandma, 2 of my friends, and 3 of my aunts have all gotten their noses done by Dr. Tobias. My nose issue was always with breathing though, so my mom never thought of bringing me to him. Long story short, I had no cartilage left in my nose from all of my surgeries and from haven it broken so many times to try and fix my septum it was not as pretty as it should of been. I should have never needed a nose job, but because of these surgeries I did. Other doctors tried to straighten it out from their mistakes, but it never worked and my mom refused to let them do any more work on me. Finally my mom brought to tobias, and in one quick super easy surgery my nose is FINALLY perfect. It was the easiest recovery out of any surgery I have had also, only painful part was that he had to take my cartilage from my ear since I had none left in my nose. He truly knows what he is doing and is an expert with noses. Like others have mentioned, he does your nose to what will look best for your face. Don't listen to any bad reviews, it is probably people who wanted this perfect little nose but that simply is not what he does, he does not do perfection he does what is natural. Out of about 10 people I know who have had him as their surgeon, they are all completely satisfied! You do not want people knowing you have had a nose job by looking at you, and that is my favorite part about my nose and his work! My nose looks fabulous!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Stay away from this dr. Terrible results!! I cry every time I look in the mirror....

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

He did a horrible job on my nose. Very poor results. My nose is big, wide, unattractive. He is not a skilled surgeon. I wonder, who wrote the 5 star comments?

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr Tobias is a great plastic surgeon! He is a straight shooter who listens to you and gives you a realistic idea of what he is capable of doing without using fancy 3D drawings that are very unrealistic given the fact that everyone face is very different. I am more than pleased with my results! I have 2 kids and was back at their sporting events within one week looking great. My friends had no idea I had surgery and keep saying "I love your hair" or " did you lose weight" because I still look like the same person but just better! This is exactly what Dr Tobias told me would happen on my initial consult in November! It was also very comforting to hear the staff at Englewood Hospital tell me I came to right surgeon for my rhinoplasty because these nurses in pre and post see the results before anyone! I can't say enough about the entire staff at Englewood Hospital since I traveled from a distance and had to stay overnight. I was in a private room and had ice around the clock with lots of privacy. My only regret is that I did not find Dr Tobias when I was in my early 20s instead of my early 40s so I could have felt this confident for the past 20 years about my profile.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Geoffrey W. Tobias's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1973)

MSP/BC Med