Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Burnett

Dr Burnett is the best ENT I've seen. He cleared up my hearing problems immediately. He performed the surgery in his office with only a shot to numb the pain where other ENTs wanted to put me out during the process. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs an ENT. He's tops across the board!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I’d give Dr. Michael C. Burnett, MD, PLLC a perfect 10 and a straight A+. I had been struggling with chronic allergies my entire life. I also have been suffering from severe migraines. The last few years my migraines have gotten worse. And my allergies and other sinus related issues have been at an all time high. I developed such inflammation in my sinus cavity, it seemed like there was no hope. My primary care physician had prescribed many medications, however nothing worked. Then I went and saw another ENT. That doctor prescribed some medication as well, but my swelling and problems returned months later. I also was having night sweats and having trouble sleeping throughout the night. The long story short, Dr. Burnett was the first doctor to try and get to the bottom of all my issues. He recommended we check EVERYTHING, so we can narrow down why I was having so many issues. We did all the tests and were able to get a better understanding of why I was having issues. I finally decided to have SEPTOPLASTY and a TURBINECTOMY. The results were outstanding. After the surgery I was able to breathe perfectly and my migraines have been greatly improved. Dr. Burnett could not be better. He listens and knows his stuff. If you are having any ear, nose or throat issues, save yourself the hassle and SEE HIM FIRST. You will “breathe” easy knowing you did. Also, he has recently moved to his own practice, it’s on 57th street in NYC.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Last year I was travelling alone in the US (from Australia) and happened to be in NY when i had middle, outer ear and a sinus infection that caused my eardrum to burst. I was in a lot of pain and feeling pretty scared- the pus was a little discouraging. Dr Burnett took really good care of me and went out of his way to make sure I was okay. His kindness and compassion towards me is something I hold very dear and just one of the many kind people I met along the way. A big thankyou from the other side of the world!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Went in to see him for sudden hissing sound in my ears. It was not painful but I was worried. My internist wanted to give me antibiotics in case there was an infection causing inflammation and therefore hissing/muffled sounds. Dr. Burnett did a hearing test and told me to try over the counter anti histamine. After 4 days, I felt much better, although it appears that my tinitus is here to stay. Likely due to virus. He was thorough and patient and explained the anatomy of the ear and what might be happening with me. I would definitely recommend him. The office is a little old and I waited about 15 mins. He recommended I get a followup hearing test, and I'll follow his advice.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Burnett for 7 years now and he has been wonderful!! Always nice and takes the time to explain everything. I definitely recommend him. He never has a problem fitting you in to his schedule, when you must see him that day - even when he has a packed day in the office.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

WOW! Dr. Burnett did sinus surgery on me, after two previously botched attempts by other ENTs. I never thought I would be able to smell again, but today I can thanks to Dr. Burnett. Could not have been more pleased with his bedside manner, staff or office. A+ experience, which if you've ever been to an ENT before you know how rare that can be.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Dr. Burnett is exceptionally caring and excellent in answering your questions and in giving advice. His diagnosis was 100 percent on the mark. Comparing him to other doctors, he is the best

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Burnett by another doctor, who requested that Burnett call to discuss my case prior to my appointment. He did not bother to do this, was unpleasant and rushed to judgement. He did absolutely no due diligence in asking about my health history or other symptoms and he recommended treatment that made no sense whatsoever. My friend, who is a dr, in another specialty, came with me to the appointment and had some questions for the doctor. The dr asked my friend's relation to me and then proceeded to say something very insulting about some of my symptoms. A CT scan was ordered, but the receptionist, couldnt be bothered to stop eating breakfast to call my insurance co for pre-cert. They told me it would take 10 days- I called myself and got it done in 5 mins. Dr.B's bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He's unpleasant, rushed and absolutely not thorough. Staff is lazy and doesn't care about helping patients (except for Sonia). Worst experience with a doctor ever!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. Michael C. Burnett's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)