Ratings for Dr. Ryan P. Gallivan

If you like your doctor to take time and understand your situation, DO NOT come here! If you like short wait times, DO NOT come here! If you like the doctor or medical staff to inform you of any charges that may be outradgus and they know will out of pocket, DO NOT come here! I've had an ongoing sinus issue and seen many doctors. Most of which speak poorly of Central Oregon ear nose and throat. They get you in and out and charge you as much as possible without taking time to understand your history or condition. Dr Gallivan is particularly awful. I brought a long list of my prescription history and for him to look at and instead of looking at my prescription history, he did a 30-second "scope" procedure ($453 not covered by insurance) and gave me a prescription that, if you would have taken the time to look, he would have seen his ineffective for me. I've been in to see dr. Hill For the same thing and never been charged more than an office visit, I expected the same and was shocked to find the add-on charge and billing will not work with me on the cost at all. Dr. Hill seems like a good guy but it's obvious that he's rushed and pressured to see as many patients in a day as possible. In that environment it's very difficult for him to take time to understand your situation as well. The lobby wait time is long and very long once you get back. Expect to be there for an hour before you get to see a doctor. Then don't expect to see them for more than 5 minutes. Even when you're prepared with things for them to look at, they don't.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I have seen Dr. Gallivan twice. The first time I was having horrible, unrelenting facial pain that I was certain was a massive sinus infection. He did everything you would expect of excellent ENT care, but before even begininning, he told me that he thought I was suffering from a facial migraine! I was skeptical, to say the least. Only when I saw the --rays of empty sinuses did I believe such a thing was possible. He was patient and kind, taking time to help me understand and digest the turn of events. He referred me to a neurologist, helping me get expedited treatment. The neurologist concurred with the diagnosis and began treatment immediately, putting an end to all that crazy pain. Because he was so amazing, I sought his help again when I had lost hearing in both ears multiple times over a five year period, each time being told it was ear wax plugs stuck in my ear canals. One trip to my primary care doctor and three trips to Urgent Care failed to dislodge the plugs. Dr. Gallivan had to use a microscope and a pick with a hook so thin that I could not see it without the microscope. He had to go behind the plugs to dislodge them. Again he was patient, kind, and concerned, wanting to cause me minimal discomfort. He is an amazing doctor, and a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

My ENT was out of town when my eardrum ruptured. I was patient waiting for him as he worked me in late Friday afternoon. He did not introduce himself. and rushed in and cranked me up on his examining chair. He rudely accused me of not getting medical help right away, which was untrue, as I'd seen my allergist and been to two ER's. He asked if I had overused antibiotics in an accusatory way, he said, "8 weeks for this to heal may seem like a long time for you, but it's not to me." I was surprised by his rudeness in several ways. I've never given a doctor a negative review, but this doctor was surprisingly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Gallivan is great! He is very knowledgeable and is a great surgeon. I have had issues for many years and 2 prior surgeries which didn't resolve my issues, and he helped me significantly with one last surgery he recommended. It has been 4 years now and I feel great!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

In June of 2011 I experienced a severe nose bleed that wouldn't stop. I was visiting in Southern California and had to go to the emergency room twice. They called in an ENT doctor to assess and stop the bleeding. I was sent back home to see my local ENT doctor. He took xrays of my nose and decided that I needed to see a specialist and sent us to Central Oregon ENT in Bend Oregon. I saw Dr Gallivan at Central Oregon ENT. I was very impressed with his knowledge and concern for my well being. After reviewing the x-ray and the MRI Dr Gallivan identified a unique tumor was causing my nose bleeds. He said that the tumor needed to be removed through surgery. Dr Gallivan gave me a choice of having surgery done by him, OHS or Stanford University. I chose Dr. Gallivan to do the surgery. He clearly explained what needed to be done and made me feel very confident that he could successfully do the surgery. When he removed the tumor he found out it was not cancerous. I experienced another nose bleed and Gallivan determined that it had returned, but was a lot smaller than the first one. It took three more surgeries to remove all of the tumor. The first surgery was April 2nd 2011, the second surgery was April 4th 2012 the third third surgery was September 4th 2012, and the 4th surgery was September 18th 2012. Because the last 3 or surgeries were within 5 months Dr Gallivan met with Dr Omizo the oncologist. They decided radiation was the best option to kill off the tumor cells from coming back. The tumor was so close to my skull base and eye cavity it could have caused me to have lasting damage. Due to Dr Gallivan's surgical skills and excellent knowledge none of those negative situations happened. I felt very fortunate to have been able to have a doctor of Dr Gallivan's expertise to deal with my situation. I was meeting with Dr Gallivan weekly, then monthly, and now on a yearly checkup. Dr. Gallivan and his staff at Central Oregon ENT treated us professionally and made us feel comfortable in a very stressful situation. They also helped us with insurance and with follow up on all of the necessary things we needed to deal with. Mike is not dealing with nose bleeds anymore and many health professionals have been amazed that Mike has come thru the surgeries so successfully. I highly recommend Dr Gallivan and the team at Central Oregon ENT. Mike Morgan - Klamath Falls, OR

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I went to Dr Gallivan for an earache and it changed my life. Dr Gallivan diagnosed me with me having migraines instead of the sinus problems I've been treated for decades for. Needless to say my life has changed tremendously in the last year thanks to this diagnosis and a book called Heal your Headache but without Dr Gallivan I couldn't have started on the path.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Gallivan is a excelent doctor. I have had 2 sinus surgeries performed by him with no complications or complaints. I have severe allergies and sinus problems and I see him every 6mo. or more. He is a very highly thought of doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

In 2012, I first saw Dr. Gallivan at Central Oregon Ear, Nose, & Throat, Bend (COENT). I was referred to him by the emergency room physician at St. Charles Hospital. I've had severe sinus problems since 2004, brought on by 35+ years as a career firefighter in a large metro area. Since, Dr. Gallivan has directed a course of treatment, including three delicate and extensive operations. I have now been symptom-free and feeling great for nearly a year (as of Oct., 2015.) In the eight years prior to seeing Dr. Gallivan, I underwent eight surgical operations, including two open frontal obliterations, but continued to have severe painful flareups. Upon referral, the staff members at COENT got me in for an appointment immediately. After hearing my history and evaluating my condition, Dr. Gallivan began a well-considered and researched plan to relieve my persistent symptoms. He had me evaluated for second opinion at OHSU, the university medical center in Portland. That doctor confirmed Dr. Gallivan's evaluation, and the positive progress began immediately. Dr. Gallivan also discovered a rare allergic condition I had, the treatment of which resulted not only in no allergy, but also sinus improvement and fewer asthma problems. Now, a little after three years later, I haven't had any symptoms for nearly a year. I highly recommend Dr. Gallivan and COENT should you need them. Their staff members are prompt, courteous, and responsive, and the treatment is everything needed, but only that which is required.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I have struggled with severe seasonal allergies most of my life. Dr. Gallivan prescribed a routine and medications that were spot on. I have had the best allergy season I have ever had. I have so much more energy and I am out doing the things I love. He has also treated my husband for nasal polyps. He performed surgery and prescribed medications. He has been polyp free for years. Dr. Gallivan is an excellent physician!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Every meeting I have had with Dr. Gallivan has been very professional and very pleasant. I would even include a six hour surgery

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Ryan P. Gallivan's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1996)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio