Ratings for Dr. Donald B. Perlman

Iv been visiting with Dr Perlman for almost 20 years, previously in Livingston as well as now in West Orange. He is a great doctor that spends plenty of time with you explaining and treating you, much to the detriment of the patients thereafter. For this reason I always try to schedule as close to his opening time as possible. The wait times for later in the day might cause you to become a bit irate. Altogether, in the realm of his practice, you will not find a better doctor in the region.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Extremely unsatisfied with the office staff. Exceptionally rude and unhelpful. Due to this I will not be returning as a patient and will make sure I pass along my experience I had in the office to others in the area.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

So far my three year old has seen Dr Perlman only once, the appointment went great. I did hope that he can see my son during allergy season when the medication regimen needed some adjustment, but after more than an hour in a waiting room, we left without seeing a doctor. It's not just the wait that made me leave it's the staff attitude as well: new adult patients come and go, kids kept waiting, finally when I was told that my son would be seen next, several patients were called again, but not us. No explanations and no warnings that the doctor was running late. No calls to check on my son's status afterwards. Bottom line: it is not a child friendly office. How can one pick this doctor for his child if the doctor(staff) doesn't differentiate between the attention span of a three year old and an adult.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

He seems like a nice guy, but I agree with another poster: He can seem condescending. The wait is ridiculously long. He says it's because he likes to give his patients plenty of time, which I can understand, but I've heard him chatting over basketball when he's already running behind an hour. When you have little kids, this can be really stressful. (Not sure he or any male docs of his generation get this.)We go to him because he's better than the last guy I went to who had a ton of knowledge but was an outright bully. (WTF was up with that?) anyway, i am seeking a new allergist, but will continue with Perlman.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr.Perlman is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure to know. He actually listens to you, the patient, and inquires about your symptoms and feelings as an asthmatic prior to formulating a care plan. As an adult asthmatic, he brought me from very poor lung function to a much improved state. Dr. Perlman may have a long wait time but it is because he is gathering data, building a rapport and considering (I believe) all options before prescribing the drug of the moment. He is especially gifted in treating young children with severe asthma and saved my daughter's life this past Christmas. My family is forever in his debt...this man walks in water ... If you have a severe asthmatic who has not responded to other treatment plans, please visit this doctor. He is compassionate and has a real sense of humor too...you need one to deal with all of the wheezing I guess ...Melissa Davey

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

He is a great doctor. He has been treating my 4 1/2 yr old for 2 years now for asthma. I could call him 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. He cares very much for his patients and will always tell you to come right in. I have had to wait a long time on a few occasions but that's because he treats all his patients like he treats my daughter! Also is staff has always been friendly and attentive to me.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

So friendly and smart and helpful. Really glad to have found him.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

My visit with Dr. Perlman was very good. He was very patient and took his time to listen to all my concerns. He also told me to call him for any reason no matter what I it was if I had any concerns. This was a relief for me, especially after running back and for to the ER with a sick a year old. The staff wasnt as pleasant at first, however I told the Dr. that his staff should be as friendly as he was. After that everyone was very pleasant. This Dr. was excellent.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I waited an hour and finally walked out. The receptionist was RUDE! and the waiting area smelled like piss! Sketchy neighborhood; felt unsafe with street parking. - Disgusting experience.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

1. I took my 1 year old, the nurses were not helpful when I had to hold his arm steady with the allergen test. The place was not childfriendly AT ALL 2. My son's entry to daycare required a prescription dosage form to be filled by the doctor, they charged me $25 dollars to fill and fax the form to the daycare. Will I go back to them? Doubt it!!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Donald B. Perlman's Credentials

• Hindi

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1973)

Amerigroup