Ratings for Dr. Peter McMain

Outstanding doctor..... outstanding man. Always professional.... always caring. Exactly what all doctors should be. We appreciated him more than he will ever know, though we attempted to tell him. God bless you, Dr. McMain.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Well deserved retirement for Dr. McMain. I just wanted to say thank you for all the years that you looked after my 3 children and my sisters 3 children. Just discovered that you retired when we looked you up to care for my grandchild.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Excellent Dr., sad to see him close his practice. My kids really miss him, great Dr.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

Dr. McMain was my pediatrician when I was young and I was so very privileged to have him as a doctor for my four children. He was always very concerned for the health of each child and was very good at diagnosing their illnesses. As a child I had my surgery on my appendix, the surgeon sent me home in spite of Dr. McMain thinking I wasnot ready. On Christmas day he made a house call because I was in severe pain and I needed to go back to the hospital. He also offered to make a house call for our son when he was quite ill. I have never met such a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. Thank you Dr. McMain.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. McMain was my doctor when I was young and both my children went to him. My youngest is 17 and I didn't want to go to anyone else. He was one of the big patients in the waiting room. You never had to wait he was always on time. When my son was two and needed stitches he met us at the hospital and was great with him. There may never be another doctor like him. Best wishes on your well deserved retirement. I'm glad you waited until my kids were older.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Dr. McMain retired about 2 months ago... :( and i just have to say that he was the best doctor i have ever been to for me and my son!!! Dr. M was my pedi when i was young and i was never scarde or anything to goto him, and being a first time mom it took so much worry from me to be able to bring my son to him. Even though he only could be his patient for 22 months i will ever be grateful. Sad to see him leave but a well deserved Retirement!!!!!! and thank you to Barb as well!!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

Dr. McMain is probably the best pediatric doctor. Dr. McMain has been my children's doctor for 24 years. I started to see Dr. Mcmain when my oldest(who is now 24)was 2 months old. He went to Dr. McMain until he was 16years old. My 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son have also been his patients. We recently moved to Alberta and shortly thereafter Dr. McMain retired. I am glad he was there for me and my children. He was always thorough and very knowledgeable. I am now in the process of looking for a pediatric doctor in Alberta which will not be an easy task considering, the doctor I have had for the past 24 years. Dr. McMain will be greatly missed by all of his patients and I hope he realizes the difference he made in many peoples lives. Too bad more doctors couldn't follow his lead.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

AMAZING doctor and his retiring so sad:( we'll miss MCMAIN!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr Mcmain is one of a kind. He always took his time with my daughter and I trust him 100%. I am so sad he is leaving and I dont know if I will ever come to trust another pediatrician in St Catharines the same way. My daughter has a heart condition and knowing that I could take her to Dr Mcmain and have him watch over her if she got sick, gave me great peace of mind. I wish you all the best and thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking us in. You are the best and we will miss you.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

One of the most helpful doctors we have been to for our son whom was born sick...only doctor to sit down and explain things to us!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007