You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Caroline Turek

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Beware - Dr. Turek was my sister's family doctor. When diagnosed with terminal lung cancer at the age of 30, Dr. Turek advised that she would have to find a new family doctor as she doesn't treat sick patients. All she needed was her short-term disability paperwork completed as she was given 6 months to live. The family and patient didn't need the additional stress of finding a new family doctor after receiving such devastating diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Takes a minimum of three weeks to get in to see her and making appointments is next to impossible. Staff never answers the phone. I always feel rushed in the office..She recently had a fill in dr while she was on leave and I got more results in two or three visits than I have in years with Dr Turek.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I have been with Dr Turk since she was in Port Perry. Over the past few years I have found her to rush you out of the office. Does not make much eye contact continually is focused on her computer. Although very knowledgeable and does offer natural remedies, she tends to push Isagenix to be the fix to your problem. Always late never on schedule. Office not helpful in giving test results. If tests come back and it requires an antibiotic, why make an appointment just to tell you that. Simple phone in the prescription! Not pleased over the pasted few years. Not to mention hard to ever get an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Turek is an amazing doctor. Very caring and does spend time with her patients. I love the fact that she practices functional medicine, always looking for a safer and healthier alternative. I did not feel she "pushed" Isagenix, and I am more than thrilled she showed me this program. Along with other alternatives to get my health back in order, I have never felt better. Although it may take time, I would absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

This doctor is one of a kind. She has always looked for the 'upstream' cause of my symptoms. She uses medicines where necessary BUT encourages diet and lifestyle changes if it can manage a symptom. It took her years to get me to see I needed to help her by managing my own health and complying with her recommendations. I have done quite a bit of research now and I understand that her advice was bang on. It's remarkable that she persisted with me. If you are really looking for a solution to fix a problem then she's the doctor who will help you find it. Not any wonder she runs behind with the time she takes with you sometimes. Also her own health issues (while frustrating because I cant always get time with her) have grown her knowledgde base and empathy. If you want a quick fix then you will get a quick fix. If you want more....then listen to this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Turek is an amazing physician. She not only treats symptoms with medications but takes the time to help you to find the underlying cause. She also will refer when necessary. I never feel rushed when I am there and she takes the time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

I went to see her in regards to my issues wi hypothyroidism. After a year and her changing my medications, my thyroid actually got worse. She is not very involved nor go the extra mile to help a patient. Seems to "push" Isagenix as a fix to everything. I felt like I was being sold into multi level marketing vs being treated as a patient. Very little eye contact, rushed appointment and just not the type of doctor service I think is acceptable The office is a complete nightmare in regards to getting thru and booking appts. Her schedule was never available months in advance, yet when you need an appt every 3 months I'm not sure how one is suppose to do this. When her schedule was available, I ended up having to wait 2-3 more months. Thankfully I have found an amazing endocrinologist and would NOT recommend her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Caroline Turek is a exeptionally, great doctor! I've been with her since the beginning and found that she just gets better and better! She always tries to find the source of your problem insted of just giving you a prescription, or she tries to find a natural route!Yes she is hard to book with but that's a good thing that means that she's has lots of patients and she's wanted! She is very kind and great to have as a docter! She has such a huge range of knowledge and has helped me tremendously! I agree with her when she says that you can only bring up one issue as she does get paid by patient, and our appoitements are really only supposed to be 15 min. The reason why she is usually behind in time is because she takes longer time with her appoitements because she really tries to find the route of your problem and find a solution! There couldn't be a better docter out there! She's exeptional! She's super!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr. Caroline Turek's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Best Doctor ever. Very knowledgeable, caring and gives you her full attention. Is always determined to find underlying issue. "

April 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Beware - Dr. Turek was my sister's family doctor. When diagnosed with terminal lung cancer at the age of 30, Dr. Turek advised that she would have to find a ne..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Takes a minimum of three weeks to get in to see her and making appointments is next to impossible. Staff never answers the phone. I always feel rushed in the o..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr Turk since she was in Port Perry. Over the past few years I have found her to rush you out of the office. Does not make much eye contact co..."

February 17, 2015