Ratings for Dr. Franklin Kozin

Dr Kozin diagnosed me with fibromyalgia after a neurologist ruled out parkinsons and MS. He did some touch tests and I was relieved to have FM rather than PD or MS. I was using a topical anti-inflammatory ointment prior to his diagnosis. He prescribed lyrica, which did not work for me. the side effects were extreme swelling in my entire body including face, feet and hands and a weight gain of over 100 pounds in 6 months. Each month I would see him, he would up my dosage of the medication. It took me one year to wean off the medication with the assistance of a different doctor. The results of my experience with Dr Kozin were disatisfying. I still suffer from high level pain, but manage my symptoms on my own in the same manner as prior to meeting Dr Kozin. He should retire or in the least no longer accept new patients.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I was referred to this doctor as a specialist for fibromyalia. What a waste of good money <out of pocket, no insurance>. He was as uncaring and unconcerned as a physician can get. He barely looked at me. Asked a few questions, then told me I should see a psycologist. Are you kidding me, I am in so much pain that I can barely move and function. Don't waste your time if you have fibromyalia, he is being put on the list of another doctor that took my money and offered NOTHING. He should be ashamed of himself.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

This doctor doesn't like his job, doesn't like his patients and possibly doesn't like himself. (Peace to you, Frank.) Patients are advised to go elsewhere to avoid an unhappy experience.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Kozin is downright cruel. I had trouble parking because the hospital was doing construction and was 10 minutes late. He is a stickler for punctuality, so punished me for it by saying that I had to hurry because other people were waiting (in reality there wasn't another appt. after mine). I have an ailment called Raynaud's, which causes cold toes and feet, and he said that there was a cream that could help, but that he would NOT prescribe it since I was late, my internist could prescribe it for me. He was absolutely rude and cold. It was the day before the 1 year anniversary of the murder of my Mom. I told him so at the beginning of the appt., and yet he chose to treat me in that cold, MEAN manner anyway. When I repeated that it was the day before the anniversary of my Mom's murder, and was he really going to keep treating me this way, he got the ugliest smirk on his face and said "Don't pull that." I told him he wasn't going to get away with this treatment b/c we can rate dr.s now.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

I filled out a long health question survey as you do with every doctor you see. (I will explain this part later)Dr. Kozin appeared to be extremely confident when he came into the room.After a brief greeting, he said he reviewed my current treatments done by another rheumatologist... He touched me in two places and stated that I had fibromylgia. That was my exam and my visit with Dr. Kozin. After waiting over 2 months to see this "awesome" doctor, I feel that he should RETIRE!!!Now regarding my health survey, I requested medical records from my visit with him so that I could take my case elsewhere...what I found is that he wrote his diagnosis exactly what I had written down on my survey and not what he found on the exam in the room. ( the exam again was 2 touches)He took no personal interest in my case.Again, he needs to retire! Hopefully the medical board will read some of these comments on these Dr. Review sites. They may learn a lot!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

This is a Doctor who is well versed in his specialty. He takes his time, has a good bedside manner. He has a human side, funny, and serious when needed. He has cared for me for some 20 years and I do not have a singe complaint. He is a classic one of a kind, compassionate human being.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

Dr. Franklin Kozin's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)