You may also like

Rate Dr. Melanie Pratt

Dr. Melanie Pratt's Ratings

Dr. Pratt's bedside manner is horrible and she did not listen after jumping to a diagnosis within the first five minutes of seeing me. She dismissed everything that I said and had the gall to tell me that my environmental sensitivities, which I have been living with for the past two years, are inside my head.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2912197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

What is the point of commenting as nothing will be done about her. She must have trained under Dr. Mengele.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2899815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

Hi Dr. Pratt, It's Angela Richer. I understand that I have to go through a doctor to apply for the trillim drug plan, so I was wondering if you can help me to get on the plan. I can't afford the medication. My fiance is on cpp and cannort work with my skin braking out all of the time. Please let me know thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I saw Dr. Pratt a number of years ago she dismissed me and my issues and basically indicated that it was a mental issue ! I have MCS and have been formally diagnosed by another professional. I have been asked to see about getting patch testing and will certainly look elsewhere as I see by the comments she has not changed. Sad there is only one location in ottawa that can do this testing.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2784139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have been having issues with contact dermatitis since December 2014. Have seen 4 doctors and one eye specialist the conclusion was contact dermatitis due to a chemical I have been exposed to. I reviewed everything at home and at work that was introduced to my life 6 months prior to the out break. For instance a new foam mattress: slept in spare room for 2 weeks. It seemed to be worse at work and it got to a point were my family Dr wrote a note to excuse me from work until my condition improved.
After waiting 2 months to see Dr M.Pratt I was excited to hopefully find out what the cause was. Even better they had a cancellation so they were able to do the tests same day. Test took a week.
She started off by accusing me of having an agenda because I have narrowed it down to something at work. She looked at approximately 80 test spots on my back picked one spot and said "A Ha" literally the Sherlock Holmes of the medical profession.
She requested the name of my shampoo and started to surmise how the dermatitis is caused by Methylchloroisothiazolinone a preservative in a shampoo that I have been using for over a year without incedent. Also I was off work for 2 weeks while the dermatitis cleared up and another 2 weeks because I had developed a sensitivity to artificial light. OH and guess which shampoo I was using during this time...you guessed it the very one that was supposed to the cause of my dermatitis.
On the first day she was very thorough and she knew all of my symptoms shortness of breath, sensitive to light and the dermatitis. In the end she only addressed the dermatitis and incorrectly.
I have been working in a modified work space so that I am not exposed to the main area in the office. After the results of Dr Pratt diagnosis my only choice was to change my shampoo and re-expose myself the air at work after 2 days my dermatitis is back and I will be reporting this to the doctors who are monitoring my situation.
I am presently looking for a test that can determine chemical reaction as opposed to an allergic reaction but you would think a professional with 30 years experience would be able to recognize this.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I have had a horrible experience with this doctor who caused me major surgery but I am not going to print all about it on here. There are so many negative comments on here which speaks volumes about this doctor and gives weight to my opinion. Truth be told writing to the college of physicians is the route I need to go using this site as reference. I am sorry to know that many people were mistreated by this physician; but I thank all of you for sharing your bad experiences.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2739470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

Worse doctor I have ever seen. She was rude and dismissive and this was even before I opened my mouth to speak. At the time my doctor had booked the appointment, I had had hives for three months. Eight months later, when I finally got an appointment to see her, my hives were gone. She told me I was wasting her time since I had no hives and probably never had hives because my family doctor probably misdiagnosed me. What she based that one on, I have no idea. She told me she had never heard of my doctor. Then she complained about her husband which was completely out of context and told me we were done. She never asked me any questions or even looked at my skin. She should not be a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Very disappointed in Dr. Pratt. She is extremely rude to both patients and her staff and has no interest in truly helping people. Whenever I had something to say or ask she would look at me as though I am a moron- I think because she likes to run the show and doesn't want anyone else's input. I'm not sure how she got a reputation for being a good doctor based on all these reviews. She is probably a miserable person and likes to put off others to make herself feel better. I never got an answer with regards to my dermatitis from her and would certainly not go back to her. Left that process feeling worse than before it started.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2717023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I found Dr. Pratt very knowledgeable and professional. Her approach is systematic and well defined, which resulted in clearly identifying my problem. Finally knowing exactly what I'm allergic to and what to avoid will make life much more enjoyable in the years ahead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I saw Dr Pratt for dry skin condition, that I am a swimmer and 77 years old. She asked for AIDS test for me. I did not at think at the time it was the AIDS test. Without any questions about me and my life, it was rush and unnecessary test. I stop seeing her.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2655554].votes_count ]]