Ratings for Dr. Vernon Chichak

Very fast talker, have to but in in order to ask questions because he tends to talk a lot.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

my family were his patients for years l left my husband left and then l took out my dad too. Does not pay attention too fast gets out the door before you are able to ask more questions ofully explain your symptoms. The worse ever my dad suffered years with a very specific pain but never ordered the test that could have probably give him more time in the end l demanded to be sent for more tests but it was already too late

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

This site is a scam, if your own your comments then it should be mandatory to put your name on it otherwise bs

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I was with Dr. Chichack for over 17 years and things went OK until the last 5 years. He was always in a rush you had to have your concerns written down and be quick at explaining your concerns. In and out in a matter of few minutes. He maybe be knowledgeable but it has not used it to the patient benefit. I had abdominal pains sent me for a test came out negative and did not do any follow up instead gave me some pills for something I had not been yet diagnosed with. At my request sent me to a specialist who was shocked and made a comment why I had been prescribed something without having been diagnosed or proven. Ithen found a great doctor who took the time and is genuinely concerned about his patients health issues. I only wished had done it sooner.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr Chichak was my doctor for about 15 years, while I Lived in Edmonton before moving to Penticton BC. He is the best Doctor I have ever had. Wish he would move here.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I was concerned and apphrensive about taking my mom to Dr. Chichak based on comments I had heard from a friend. SO glad we decided to go to the first appointment and try things out. Dr. Chickak was awesome with my mom! He explained things to her that no other doctor had. He follows up on tests and treatment. He makes my mom feel like she matters and that he has her best interests at heart. He does not beat around the bush nor baby you. Based on our experience with him so far, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I have been a pt of Dr. V. Chichak for over 12 years. I know that he is the best Doctor out there and he does care about his pt's. Yes he is old school, he loves his blood work and other tests. He also has a list of other Doctors that he uses to get to the root of the problems. I have seen Doctor Chichak get tests, like MRI's and CT's booked in no time. If you want your hand held and be treated like a baby. Then you should go the UofA as they treat Peds. You know that the best Doctors do not have the best bedside menders. I know not there to be treated like a baby. He gets does to the problem and fixes it. You know that he does care about his pt's. He one of the only Doctors that will see his pt's in the Hospital. He will only talk to the pt about what is going on. His staff go out of their way to help the pt. I have no bad words to say. He is the BEST in the city and does not take any**** from anyone.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

This man is supposed to be an internal medicine specialist - as in, look at the whole list of symptoms and find the root cause. I walked in, he rushed through my explanation of my symptoms, and did one set of blood work. When it came back good, that was it. No more follow up. We all know that just because a few blood tests are good, that doesn't mean something isn't wrong. He had no interest in new symptoms that I had developed and seemed to think he had done his duty with his one measly blood test. This is the most un-thorough doctor anyone could get. Words cannot express my disappointment with this man.

Submitted September 16, 2013

He is a great doctor!! I was referred to him by my medicentre doctor. He is witty and really knowledgeable.. He makes you feel at ease and really listens well when you talk about what seems to be ailing you. He is really thorough and made me go have my blood tests to really figure out what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

THis Doctor is very knowledgeable and thorough and he will answer all questions. Very helpful and does care ,I am thankful that i was referred to him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012