Ratings for Dr. Richard Fedorak

First off I have to say he is a brilliant man always one of if not the smartest in the room his bedside manor needs work some of his staff have been amazing Donna Claire, Sheri some have much to be desired Karen Wong has grown as have some of his other residents... he can be harsh and have a decent bedside manor or a not so good one but the part people never get about him is he's hard on them because in each one that he doesn't solve he feels himself as the failure and it comes out in ways that aren't always the best but it's his way to rationalize it to himself live with the guilt he feels. Overall amazingly brilliant man tho

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Fedorak is a wonderful doctor who I have been seeing for many years for Crohn's Disease. However, office staff and IBD nurses in impossible to deal with and THEY NEVER RETURN CALLS. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Wow....This DOC IS AWESOME!! I've been with the worst one in the city (won't say his name) but Mr Fedorak literally saved my life! Fabulous Dr. who knows his stuff, keeps up on research, listens to what you are actually saying and also shows empathy. Thanks DOC....never retire please !!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Truly a fabulous Dr. Always open to trying new things to make me go into remission.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Fedorak's for 3 years now. Every dealing I have had with his front desk staff, be it booking an appt or hospital procedure, his IBD Nurses and himself has been terrible. He is impossible to get in to see, even if he wants you to book an appt for a certain time frame. His front desk staff are not accessible to the public and aren't even on the same floor as his patient exam rooms. His IBD nurses are unhelpful and he himself almost comes across as taking the whole situation as a joke. Any complaint ever filed has an excuse of "new office staff and phone systems that are in training". Very unprofessional operation for such a highly recognized specialist who is known for leading in clinical research. Seriously considering switching specialists. Please think twice before being referred.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Fedorak for the last several months. He is always kind, considerate and incredibly helpful with my Crohn's disease. He was able to make the diagnosis and get me back to work and school. His nurses and the residents that I saw along the way are also fantastic. This is an incredible doctor

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I have seen Dr Fedorak since he diagnosed me in 2005 at 17 years old. He is straight forward and honest and always helps in any way he can. He tells you what he expects of you so that he can help you get and stay healthy he expects that you take responsibility for your health. I think his approach is wonderful. He cares enough about you that he wants you to care about yourself. He has gotten me last minute appointments (with him and for other exams) when he is worried about results he has gotten. I have lived in southern Alberta for the last 5 years now and still see him instead of finding a local GE. His nursing and reception staff have always been very kind and helpful as well. Great clinic. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Fedorak's for many years, and so I've cut him a lot of slack, but my last visit with him early 2013 went horribly. Had I been seeing him for the first time, I would have lodged a formal complaint, but I chalked it up to him having a bad day. He was completely belligerent and unprofessional. He called me "old and difficult," and when I replied that he was "rude," the nurse said "well, he called the patient before you fat." Fedorak thought that was funny. I was appalled. He threw his hands up and said "no drugs work for you." At which point the nurse reminded him that I'd only ever tried one biologic. He spent the appointment confusedly shuffling back and forth through notes and blankly staring at me. Anyway, I recently saw Dr. Bernard in his stead -- what a wonderful, kind doctor who has not lost his human touch and who is willing to work with patients. I wish I could see Dr. Bernard all the time!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Although Dr. Fedorak might be a good teacher, he is only an okay doctor with especially horrible bedside manner. He is verbally uncaring and abrupted. After he admitted me to hospital I only saw him once, they hadn't figured out what was wrong yet, so he practically told me to diagnosis myself because he thought I was lying or something. Then after the ward doctor figured out the problem, Fedorak refused to accept the diagnosis even though the shoe fit. Finally durring my follow up with him he treated me as if it was our first meeting and asked how this all started, then he started flipping through my chart, and making comment like he had no idea all these tests had been done. Then he threw the diagnosis out the window because apparently I would be fixed if it were that, BUT he hadn't even asked if I was doing better. It was unbelievably frustrating. He might know his stuff, but WOW he had an odd way of showing it. And don't get me started on the stupid email system they have :-P

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Fedorak's ability to listen, understand and "speak into" my situation with Crohn's disease is absolutely amazing. I see an average of six specialists annually and no matter where I go Dr. Fedorak is highly revered and respected. His knowledge and involvement in bowel related illness is unparalleled. He has been / continues to be a blessing to me, my wife and our four children. I would highly recommend Dr. Fedorak to anyone suffering from Crohn's or other bowel related issues.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012