Ratings for Dr. Angela Mailis-Gagnon

Horrible doctor who belittles you and makes you feel like you are worthless. You should be more kind and caring as a doctor, especially when people are dealing with pain. Saying a patient is lying and it’s all in their head is such a terrible and nasty thing to do. I’m not getting into details but I have never been treated so badly by a DOCTOR!!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Stay away from her, for your own good (physical and emotional). It's outrageous that this woman is still allowed to practice with her unethical, condescending , dismissive attitude. I will not go into detail to spare her embarrassment, but if you suffer from pain and are looking for help - look elsewhere. If Mailis is reading this: I suggest you review the physician-patient interaction guidelines.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I am writing as a mother, a practitioner, a human being whose spirit was temporarily broken this morning by the uncaring, unjust and belittling encounter that you presented to your fellow patient in chronic pain. I deliberately waited until the sorrow of your harsh and unprofessional manner of patient dismissal had subsided before addressing the public. I thank you for enrolling my son in your pain management program and I sincerely wish that everyone suffering unexplained pain be embraced and helped and cured. However I don't believe that we have yet a complete understanding of the complexity of the human machinery. For the past 2 months I have been witnessing first hand the hours that your patient dedicated both at home and at the clinic . Unfortunately the measurable changes were small over the 15 three hour long appointments. Today, after spending 1 1/2 hour waiting for you, you very hastily (2 minutes) came to the conclusion that since your patient had cancelled 2 appointments for reasons that you did not even care to inquire about, he would be kicked out of the program. In your 2 minute careless dismissal you did not give the patient any alternative measures, you did not allow him to proceed with the appointments for today and your words of wisdom for not seeing the results you anticipated were: You can bring a horse to water, but not make him drink

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I have had CRPA for almost 3 years now. Before meeting Dr Mailis, my prior doctors were sending me for excruciating treatments and did not know what they were doing. The day I met Dr Mailis my injury finally made sense to me. She explained exactly what I have and the treatments and medicine that will help. She is very knowledgeable, serious, compassionate, and will do everything she can do get you better. At first she may come across a bit stern, but she is focused and thinking of what she can do to help you. Dr Angela Mailis is my Pain doctor. And without her I would not be in the best shape I have been in 3 years ! Thank you Dr Mailis.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Mailis for roughly four years. In that time she has helped me immensely. Dr. Mailis put me into her TAPMI pain program which greatly affected my life for the better. She is a very passionate doctor that will move heaven and earth for her patients. Dr. Mailis continually fought to get me into programs and pain studies and always made sure I was comfortable and happy with my treatment. I would highly recommend her and all of her staff to anyone going through chronic pain.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

When I initially met Dr. Mailis I had been bedridden for six months, and on my first visit to her clinic approximately ten years ago I met her in a wheelchair with a caregiver. At that time, Dr. Mailis had listened to me and examined me with utmost care and attention. She was very sincere in her approach and if it hadn't been for her and her staff's assistance, I don't actually know what would have happened to me. To this day I still see Dr. Mailis, as she is the only doctor in this field that I have been able to trust. Her judgement is always careful and measured with much attention to critical factors effecting my conditon. I am ever so grateful to her and her staff for their support and care. Thank you Dr. Mailis for your devotion to research and practice in the field of Chronic Pain Management.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Pain Specialist......I don't think so. As long as you fit her "box of criteria", but the minute her observations are called into question, she does everything she can to slander and make you look fraudulent. Be careful seeing her. She said I was exaggerating.....she must have not noticed the spinal damages. Pain is subjective, and so are her so-called tests......not one scientific test was performed. Run in the opposite direction. Time to retire. I guess that's why a lot of other specialists in the medical field have a problem with her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have lived with chronic pain for the past fifteen years. In that time, I have seen many different doctors and experienced many different kinds of medical treatments, in an effort to reduce the pain to a functional level. When the pain really hits - as many of you know - life comes to an abrupt halt, as you try and deal with blinding pain. About three years ago, my GP suggested I go and see this doctor. As you know, doctors are under increasing scrutiny when prescribing opiates, especially those in General Practice, and I felt that my GP was interested in having me transferred to her. When I first met Dr. Mailis, some of the comments I have read here, are true. Yes, she is certainly not your average doctor! But is she good? Yes. And I would venture, she is one of the very best pain doctors out there. We are so lucky to have her! If you are in pain - real pain - then you have nothing to "fear" at all. Her staff are wonderful, caring people. The front room is very comfortable and I am always greeted by name. I have even been asked about the temperature. Was it too hot or cold? How's that for customer service! Actually meeting the good Doctor, you are struck by her straight forward style and huge compassion. She listens. Really well. What I like as well, is her explanation of either what is wrong with me, or what the possible treatment might be able to do. This helps me to understand the necessity of doing whatever exercise she asked, or how and when to take a specific drug or medication. You leave with a clear understanding of treatment and what the immediate goals of the treatment are. Dr. Mailis has several excellent people who work at her clinic, and she knows a great deal of others outside her own practice, too. For example, for me, Dr. Mailis sent me to an outside clinic for a couple of different treatments that are not done at her clinic. This doctor is not interested in your money - she is interested in getting you back on your feet and reducing your levels of pain. One last point. There are those out there who are after drugs, and nothing more. Please don't go and see Doctor Mailis for this. It takes time away from real patients who need her help, and sooner or later, she will find you out. She has more tests than you can count, and sooner or later, the scam will come to light. At that point, Dr. Mailis will not be a happy camper. But I hasten to add, if you are in pain, you will not find a better doctor out there. There are different doctors who are good too, with different styles and techniques, but I would argue none better. Bottom line? If you can get in to see Doctor Mailis, you will have someone with great knowledge who will move Heaven and Earth to help you. She can't cure everyone - no one can - but she will do everything she can to help you.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

This woman is a fraud. Her treatment of my husband when she was at at Toronto General was litigational if we had had the means to pursue it. Avoid her. She has no business practising medicine.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Now that Dr Mailis-Gagnon has left the Pain Management program at Toronto Western, I feel comfortable in seeking help at the clinic. My consultation with Dr Mailis-Gagnon was dreadful! She was condescending, not open to questions. She may be knowledgeable, but is unprofessional in the way she communicates. She was punctual though.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Angela Mailis-Gagnon's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.