Ratings for Dr. Robert Tanton

Doctor is very good his receptionist is very unprofessional. She discusses things out loud in front of others and books to many appointments in a day leaving people waiting more the two hours or longer each time in reception. If you have had blood work or a scan done might be weeks before you hear back from her good or bad even if you leave numerous messages. She needs to retire and he needs to get a professional in or another person who just does bookings properly and returns test results promplty for the good of practice and his patients.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Too busy at times, but knowledgeable and competent even if seems disorganized a lot of paperwork needs to be organized however best for staf

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr.tanton is a awesome doctor but his wife is the worse she is alway trying to put her two cents in where its not need she over books people and books people for 15 mins with him unless it's a pap smear test then she books 30 minute. I would not

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Tanton has been mine and my late parents family doctor since he opened his practise in the early 90's. I find him to be an excellent doctor, caring, compassionate and knowledgable. He takes his time, and he doesn't always rely on prescribing meds for a condition. My own experience. Yes, Anne, his wife, nurse and office manager can be abrupt at times, however, I have never let it bother me. Anne is a wonderful nurse and person once you know her. The only downside is that there can be long wait times. Trying to accommodate as many people as possible, sometimes people take longer with him than expected ect. Defiantly overworked. He is my family doctor and until he retires, I'm not leaving them.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

My father had had many health issues over that past couple of years and we could not ask for a more caring or compassionate team than Dr. Tanton and his wife/nurse Anne. They have gone above and beyond for us including making house calls and fighting for him to get the services that he needs.They are wonderful people and we feel very blessed to have them looking after my fathers health care needs.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Been going here for about 30 yrs now I guess. Things have really gone down hill. Dr. Tanton is still one of the best I've ever encountered however wait times are now well beyond ridiculous. Anne has gotten even worse over the years for complaining about pretty much everything and is more disorganized than ever. The office is badly run down and needs a face lift (same chairs etc...since it opened!) . Confidentiality has often been a problem and is partly due to the design of the office with no privacy glass around reception etc...things that should not be overheard are heard by everyone. Disorganization has become chronic and things are slipping through the cracks. Perhaps Anne needs to retire as she has often said she would like to do! This is all a shame really because Dr. Tanton is good and that's why I keep going there!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

My family has been with Dr. Tanton for 5+ years, and we are currently in the process of finding a new doctor. My family has had several serious health concerns which were only addressed through perseverance on our part. My son had an issue that Dr. Tanton said he would "keep an eye on", and after two years of no action, we demanded a referral to Sick Kids, only to find out that he needed immediate surgery, which he got. My husband has had starting test results for years, and again after years of "monitoring", he demanded a referral which may very well have saved his life. Doctor Tanton, although a nice and overworked man, is just not up to the task. He means well, I do believe that. I even feel like he knows quite a bit, but he can't do everything on his own, and the front end of the office doesn't pull her weight. The secretary/RN/Doctor's wife who runs the front is beyond words. She is rude, abrasive, loud, disrespectful and more. She will argue with you about your rights. I once asked her for something which it was her duty to do, and after arguing with me for more time than it would have taken to complete the task, finally called a government office to prove me wrong, only to be told that it was her job to complete the task that I had asked of her. She then did it in a matter of minutes, although this whole process took close to an hour. She loses referrals- after asking repeatedly for the referrals I mentioned above, Doctor Tanton had to send it off himself. Even then, we received no call from the office to inform us of our appointments with specialists, and since she never answers the phone, I had to take time off work to drive to the office to ask for this information. She loses tests results, and since she doesn't answer the phone, you have to stop in to make an appointment, and then wait hours to see the doctor only to find out that you should have been treated long ago for the issues showing up on the test results. She will complaint incessantly about how much she has to work, and then spends hours chatting about confidential information about yourself and other patients loudly and obnoxiously in front of a packed waiting room. She will book you for a 10 am appointment, then not show up until 10:30, while you and 10 other people who have been given the same appointment time wait in the hall for her and the doctor to arrive. There are files and papers everywhere. The place looks like a disaster. I give her credit if she can make sense of the mess, but I suspect she can't, hence the lost referrals and misplaced test results. They keep a dirty and run down office. You feel like you are going to catch something worse than you came in with just from being in the place. I can't believe that this office is still allowed to operate, or hasn't been sued for either patient confidentiality or malpractice. This needs to be addressed, and I am with the previous person who mentioned that we need to take a stand and not allow this to continue. If you are looking for a new doctor, please don't make the mistake that I did. Stay away. Wait a little longer for a better doctor to come along. Trust me, you will regret taking this office on.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I have read numerous positive comments about this physician. Interestingly enough, many complain about his only staff member; common denominator being rude, disorganized, violating the law (yes, it is a law) of PHIPA (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/04p03). It has further been written when issues are brought forward to the physician, patients are advised they may go elsewhere. I too have had negative experiences with this office staff member. As patients, you have rights under the Law. As a healthcare provider, he has obligations to protect our Privacy which includes governing his staff member. Everybody is bitching and nobody wants to take a stand. Get informed! Patients do not have to tolerate rudeness, PHIPA violations and/or mishandling of their confidentiality. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Stop hiding behind the comfort of your computer screen and stand up to speak up for yourself! Enough is enough and I won't tolerate breach of confidentiality or mishandling of my medical information. As for the rudeness, handle with dignity, but don't roll over. If you tolerate it, you deserve it!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr Tanton is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. Yes, the wait times take a little getting use to but they are definitely worth it. I would recommend Dr Tanton to anyone seeking a quality doctor who will never rush you through like an assembly line. He is very thorough just fantastic.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Tanton is fine. It Anne his wife/front desk..I use the term 'assistant" loosly. The last time I called in an acute medical crisis she screams at me on the phone, not letting me explain the very simple thing I needed. My family could hear her through the phone line and 100% everyone in the office heard. I've had three important specialist/surgical referrals get lost. And...she books 3 people for each 15 minute time slot so you basically have to take the whole day off to see him. Bring a pillow to sit on because they are using 30 year old chairs and the nails are sticking through.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016