Royal Victoria

Hospital

Rate Royal Victoria

Ratings for Royal Victoria

Value

This is the first time I have received care from RVH and it was the best care you could ask for. Every nurse was very helpful and caring and my surgeon was excellent. So happy I went to RVH.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

Value

We are so fortunate to have RVH in our community. The staff are both compassionate and very knowledgeable. If your need is immediate, they are quick to assess. THANK you!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Value

Is the only hospital in Barrie! I just spent 4 days on the surgical ward. My admission was very unplanned. I had initially been admitted through the surgical day care program. Due to intense pain which. was uncontrollable I had to be admitted. The care from the nurses and doctors was great. They were always there to attend to my needs. I wish the physio staff had been given more time to spend with patients. I had to go home unable to walk up and down stairs. No mention of follow up was made so that I could learn this skill. I should have been referred to home care physio. Now if I had to go for a medical appointment I have to call 911to help me get out of the house.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2018

Value

As a citizen of Barrie, I am absolutely mad that "I PAY TAXES FOR THIS HOSPITAL TO EXIST!" WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS STARTED A PETITION OF SOME SORT TO HAVE THIS HOSPITAL AND ITS "SO CALLED" SPECIALISTS, INVESTIGATED FOR NOT PROVIDING HEALTH CARE! I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN IT, IF IT'S OUT THERE.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Value

I was put in a semi private room on the third floor. When I went into the washroom and looked around i had never seen anything so “filthy” in my life. It looked as though the floors had not been cleaned for months. Scum and dirt in all the corners - thick with it. It if was ever washed in the last 2/3 years they just ran the mop around the Center of the room. They cleaned the sink and the toilet. Is it a wonder why people in the hospital get more ill than before they went in. Where are the supervisors of these people who clean? Does no one check their work? Disgusting filth like this should never been allowed in a hospital. Wonder why Barrie hospital gets one of the lowest rating across Canada? Hmmmmmmm

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Value

STAY FAR AWAY! this is where people go to die! they killed both of my grandparents and they have never once helped me, ive always left worse then i walked in. worst mental health help ever! when i got sick they left my blood out and didnt clean wear it spilt and same with other people too! (sorry for bad grammar)

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Value

Understaffed. Lacking Specialists. Doctors not qualified performing surgeries. Terrible management. Go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Value

This hospital darn near killed me. I do my best to travel north or south for hospital emergency visits. If I had to go I'd make sure Dr. Gill wasn't in the ER that day as she's was the root of my unnecessary, lengthy illness over stupidity and not reading the test reports that were done. There were about 4 other incompetent doctors there as well but she was the one who ripped open the emerg cubical curtain and said I probably had a bladder infection and go home. Sepsis darn near set in and it wasn't a bladder infection after all. I can't stand the physicians who think they don't have to do due diligence because health care is supposedly free. It's not free. Myself and my boss pay for this service every paycheque. Health care money doesn't just fall from the sky. It comes from the employment world. We just pay upfront. You wouldn't get this treatment in the States because doctors there get paid for what they do not just as good marks for attendance and CHOPA money lands in their account. Hands down, the worst hospital I've ever been to for myself and for other people I know.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Value

Emergency dr advised that dad was an addict and to remove him from all pain medication . We advised we thought he had cancer and asked him to rule that out. Waited hours. Dr advised he was fine and to remove all pain medications. He had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and spent two weeks in agony until his own specialist could see him. He had cancer in every area he complained of having pain. Emerg dr had lung x-rays that showed clots and did not report it to us nor treat him. He lied to get him out of his emergency room. It was worse than incompetence. The hospital immediately informed me two weeks later (when he was admitted to die) that the hospital was not associated to the dr and therefore would not initiate an investigation. Although I have learned that hospitals try to protect themselves from liability- emergency rooms are different. Further we had no intention nor interest in suing. We just wanted to ensure another person didn't endure the same torture because of this issue. The hospital did nothing. The hospital will never have my support as when faced with doing the right thing- they readily chose to sit back and let others suffer. Emergency doctor will one day learn of his own humanity and need for relief. I hope he meets his fate with more comfort and warmth than that he gave - I hope he recognizes the depth of his neglect to his oath- that is the only thing that could make the suffering he had the power to prevent make sense moving forward. Be aware of the systemic bias to elderly (70) people. If he had been 35 he'd have received emergency care at least for the clots in his lungs. Which would have led to the inevitable conclusion that they were caused by the cancer we asked him to rule out. Don't accept an answer that doesn't add up. They will lie and will cover it up to avoid any issues or bad press. It is unfortunate. The oncologists were phenomenal and extremely apologetic for the ER Dr. The er dr said nothing.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Value

The emerg. is the most discussing /dirty emerg I have ever been to. The staff in the Emerg. make it well know - they hate their jobs and do not care about the patient. they blame everything on cut backs. BULL . When you go to the emerg, it is because IT"S AN EMERGANCY- why do you have to wait 5 +++ hours to even see a nurse/doctor. My daughter had appendicitis and after waiting 9.5 hours was told to go home. If the pain got worse to bring her back. I will NEVER let anyone in my family will go to the RVH EMERG. I went to Southlake Hospital and wow the pull her in right away and within 1/2 hour they had blood work / urine sample/ultra sound done. RVH -you are in the profession to help people, if you hate your job then find another one. Don't put peoples lives in danger because you just don't want to do YOUR JOB and who hates their job.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Doctors at Royal Victoria

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.