Ratings for Dr. Fred E. Gunville

We were placed with two concurrent care foster/adoptive children. We took them to Dr Gunville for an overall well child checkup and his level of care and interaction with them was amazing. You could tell he truly cares about his patients and their well-being. He did not rush and took the time to actually talk to them - we highly recommend Dr Gunville to anyone with small children, especially those that are afraid of the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr. Gunville is both of my kids pediatrician. I chose him because he was the pediatrician on call when I had my son 3 years ago. He is always very polite and calming. He talks to the kids where a lot of doctors I have been to act like the kids aren't even there His walls have different animals and so forth on the walls and he always takes the time to stop and point some new interesting picture to my son. My daughter is too little yet but I'm sure he will treat her the same way.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

He was my pediadritian when I was younger so I chose him for my children. He is very old school and does not like to prescribe medicine unless absoulutley necessary. This is both good and bad because he writes off a lot of stuff to just being a kid. My daughter was cholicy and had acid reflux as a baby. I brought her in several time because of her projectile vommiting, but he just kept telling my that babies ****that's what they do. Eventually, I took her to a different doctor who put her on Xantax and switched her formula. WOW toatally different kid after that. On the other hand, my kids have never had croup, bronchitis, pnuemonia, or any other severe illness and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that they have not been exposed to so many different medications. If you want old school tell you how it is, then choose Dr.Gunville. He is a VERY kind and caring man. By the way he does specialize in childhood diabetes.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2008

Dr. Fred E. Gunville's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)