Ratings for Dr. Hadi Seikaly

Absolutely adore Dr Seikaly. He did a tongue trans-section and reconstruction on my husband last year after being diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. He puts your mind at ease, and is very confident in what he does. It's thanks to him that my husband is able to talk, eat, and function normally, like he did before his surgery. He took the time post-op to personally call me to let me know that they had completed the surgery, and that everything went amazing. THere were a few appointments that he got an associate of his (Dr, Rizk) to take his patients for the day, due to a surgery going late the day before, but he would make a point to try to say hello, and personally see how he was doing. My husband was diagnosed Feb. 2015, and as of August 2015 he has been cancer free, all thanks to Dr. Hadi Seikaly.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr seikaly is an Excellent doctor! he is so humble and kind. Hadi is the greatest doctor in Canada not only does he save lives he also does it in the most successful way. I could not ask for a better docter he is the best over the best!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

So far he has gone beyond the call! He and his team stepped in when Vancouver BC surgeon basically told my husband to go home and die. We take each day at a time and hope for the best. Cancer hides in unknown places, we are praying that the surgery by Dr.Seikaly has removed that. In our eyes he could possibly have saved my husband's life. ❤️

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Seikaly is the best and most knowledgeable doctor I have ever had! I have been going to him for over 5 years now and am cancer free from a very bad stage 4 cancer. He is very caring, kind and humble and has an infectious smile. I can't say enough but if you ever have to see an ENT for cancer he is the man to see. I love him to death and no matter what the situation is he has the ability to calm you down!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I am just over one month post-operation for Stage 3 tongue cancer. I feel very fortunate that we have such an excellent health care system and gifted surgeons such as Dr. Seikaly. Having a cancer diagnosis is overwhelming to deal with at best but Dr. Seikalay took the time to explain everything. After my surgery and the related pathology report came back my oncologist explained that my case was borderline for needing radiation. There was a risk in getting it or not getting it. I did my research, talked to others with the same type of cancer and also consulted with Dr. Seikaly and the team of residents. I have now made my decision and it is thanks to patient and compassionate medical professionals like Dr. Seikalay that helped me navigate a rough road. There are no guarantees in this world but I am grateful for the fighting change I've been given because of Dr. Seikaly's skill and care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

With stage 4 cancer in my tonsils (primary) and in the lymphnodes on my neck (secondary), I felt that I need to tell you of my experience. Although Dr. Seikaly comes across as very caring and compassionate, don't let this fool you. First of all, plan on waiting anywhere from over an hour up to 3 1/2 hours for a scheduled appointment. He is very kind in the examining room and does explain things however he will only give you the surgeons view to make you think that his way is the best way. Don't get sucked in by this and be sure to explore and investigate all your options as Dr. Seikaly does NOT consider what is best for the patient. I felt like Dr. Seikaly and my radiation oncologist were used car sales people and I was stuck in between for 2 weeks as they both said their way was the way to go. Because the surgery would have been so evasive and after seeing the dentist who said that patients come to him and ask to get their throats shaved from the hair growing in there because of the skin graft, that was enough for me to make the decision to go the radiation/chemo route. My radiation oncologist did say that the same results could be obtained but there was a 40 percent chance that the lymphnode on my neck may need to be removed after. Once my radiation/chemotherapy was complete and I had my follow up appointment with Doctor Seikaly who was amazed at the results of my tonsils as they appeared to be completely clear of cancer. He said, and I quote 'this is amazing and don't be telling anyone about this as they will all want to go the radiation/chemotherapy way'. There were other comments that were made at the first couple of appointments that were very inappropriate for a professional. 'If you decide to go the radiation/chemotherapy route, surgery would not be an option after and it would be 100 percent mortality'. Guess what? I did have to have surgery on my neck and I got a second opinion from another surgeon who did the surgery and I am now cancer free. Be aware everyone!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Seikaly is the best doctor in the world! I am almost 5 years out of my terrible diagnosis of stage 4 cancer on both sides of my throat. My surgery ended up being about 21 hours because of difficulty. Dr. S. has always been there for me and is a calming factor in my life. He saved my life and continues to help me. I can't say enough about him , he is genuine, and his bed side manner is the best ever! I think on top of everything he has to be the most humble doctor I have ever met. If you are diagnosed with an oral cancer this is the doctor you need to see! On top of it he always makes me feel better and smile!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

ON April 16th this year 2011, I will be cancer free for nine years. I was diagnosed with stage 3 tongue cancer and underwent a 12 hour operation where a portion of my tongue was removed and a some tissue from my forearm was used to reconstruct my tongue. He saved my life and I am forever grateful. I suffer little effect from the surgery, speak well, can eat anything and have saliva thanks to his pioneering of the saliva gland transplant out of the radition field in order to have saliva and not suffer dry mouth where you end up with no saliva. He is by far the best surgeon and I will be forever thankful

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I feel am the luckiest person here. I was diagnosed with cancer of the right tonsil and I am very lucky to have the best doctor, Dr. Seikhaly, to help me. He is a soft spoken individual, who takes great care when he is with you. All the people in his office are efficient and extremely upbeat. I haven't had surgery yet but I feel I am in good hands and that gives me the confidence I need.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Seikaly saved my husband's life after a 19 hour operation...he was never in a hurry and compassionate and caring. He is absolutely the best Dr. on this side of the world. Thank you Dr. Seikaly

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010