Ratings for Dr. Jennifer H Christensen

Recently moved here from California in search of a new PCP. I tried to see another doctor, but her practice was closed, so I was sent to Dr. Christensen. From the moment she walked in the door (40 minutes after my scheduled appt time) I could tell that she was rushed and scattered. I had to remind her to write my prescriptions and to order the blood work we had discussed. After I left her office I felt like there so many more questions that she should have asked but didn't. After getting the test results back, I was called by her medical assistant and told to change my meds. I did. The meds caused an adverse reaction. I contacted the doctor's office via the "patient portal" (which I was told was the best way to communicate) and started a string of emails between myself and the med asst. Never did get to communicate with the doctor. I was eventually told I would need to make an appt if I wanted to talk to the doctor. I made the appointment. Was taken into the exam room 20 minutes late. Sat for another 15 minutes. Again, she came in very rushed and scattered. I brought my previous med records but she seemed at a loss for how to treat me. She left the exam room to make copies of the records but never came back. When her med asst brought them back to me, I asked her where the doctor went and she said thought we were done. We still hadn't finished discussing conditions or plans of treatment. Med asst told me to wait, she would send the doctor back in. After sitting for over 20 more minutes, I went to find out where the doctor was. She was now in with another patient and I would have to wait again. Another 20 more minutes.....I finally decided to leave. When I asked the med asst to have her call me to finish up I was told the doctor doesn't do phone calls. I insisted that she should since she bailed before the appt was even over and the med asst told me the doctor had already spent more time with me than she should have! After I left, the doctor did call me back about 20 minutes later....but we were disconnected in the middle of our conversation. She never called back. DON'T GO SEE THIS DOCTOR IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR COMPASSIONATE CARE AND/OR DECENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I'm not going back.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr Christensen has a very serious problem with punctuality. My first appointment was several minutes late and at my second one I walked out after waiting nearly 45 minutes to speak with her. I work full-time and cannot afford to waste my day waiting for my Dr to show up. I also don't appreciate her staff constantly telling me "the doctor will be just a few minutes" when they know she is running at least half an hour behind. That is extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. C has been my primary for over 15 years. Intelligent, kind, and thoughtful I thank her for her care over these many years.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Jennifer H Christensen's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)