Ratings for Dr. Michael Gilbert

hey doc, my feet are much better.and my brain is settling down.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2019

Best doctor experience I could ever ask for! I used to go to Bickhram but I never enjoyed his service but this may be the best doctor I have ever had!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Great experience! Highly recommend Dr. Michael Gilbert and I will be recommending him to my family as well!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Honestly this doctor may be the best doctor I have ever met. He is so kind and a very very nice soul I literally did a fortnite dance once and he watched and clapped he is so kind. His son is such a sweet nice soul Connor is such a great young man visiting me in retirement homes giving me prune pudding when I need to poo honestly this may be the best doctor I have ever met! I would marry him if I could.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

Dr. Gilbert has been my family doctor for years and throughout that time I have had a number of issues with him. Mainly that he doesn't seem to care. He is always in a rush, has at times prescribed me the wrong form of birth control pill or inhaler for my asthma which for me was a minor issue but for others with more serious health issues and medications I imagine could be life threatening. I recently ended up at the Milton hospital and when the 2 nurses saw who my family doctor was they both remarked on how he also works at the hospital and one said "I honestly don't think he knows one patient from the next" and both commented that he was one of their least favorite doctors to work with. Now that really frightened me. When others in the medical field don't have faith in him then why should I? I have also had the pleasure of listening to him bad mouth patients to his receptionists in front of a waiting room full of people. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

I have a chronic condition, and I've been through many doctors over the years. But Dr. Gilbert is by far the best doctor I've encountered. He truly seems to care about his patients and spends as much time as is needed with you. And he's always willing to go the extra mile to help. I can't recommend him strongly enough.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I've had a number of issues with Dr. Gilbert over the years. He had an awkward bedside manner, he always makes you feel rushed, he has Googled my sympoms in the past in order to come up with a diagnosis...umm I can do that myself thanks. His new receptionists are a joke, sending out incorrect appointment dates and times that waste patients time. Last week I had a sudden health crisis and tried for hours to get through to his clinic. The answering machine message said to please call to make an appointment but no one would answer and their was no way to leave a message. So I stopped by the clinic to see if they could fit me in, only to be told by the 2 receptionist sitting there that they were closed for multiple days for training. THEN UPDATE YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE! I ended up in the hospital where the doctor reviewed what Dr. Gilbert had done for me over the past few months...or rather what he hadn't done. He failed to send me for the most basic tests that could have saved me months of pain and determined the cause of my problems much sooner. Dr. Gilbert and his staff should be under review for the way they conduct themselves. Oh and did I mention that their have been 2 instances now where he has told my mom that she "likely has cancer" based on nothing more than a visual exam of the area. What kind of doctor just says something like that to someone?! In reality my mom doesn't have cancer...once it was a cloudy xray and the other time it was an old fracture. But thanks Dr. Gilbert for scaring my family.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Best doctor ever! Been going to see Dr Gilbert for 20 years and I wouldn't change doctors for anything. Excellent bedside manner, willing to take the extra steps to treat issues. And just an all around great guy

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

How Dr. Gilbert continues practising is beyond me. He has inveigled himself as physician to the oldies of the Martindale Retirement Home and his commonest method of consultation is to walk from table to table at lunchtime talking to the residents loudly asking them about symptoms. No privacy whatsoever! No doubt he bills OHIP for each chat as a 'consultation'. His equipment is often in poor repair; he will tell a senior to then visit his clinic (inconvenience for the 90-year-old be damned) --- where the equipment is also unserviceable! No kidding, it happened to a relative of mine. He signs death certificates without ever looking at the patient! Someone poisoned you? Tough luck, you are dead! The OMA should investigate the way Dr. Gilbert conducts himself and the Ontario Govt. should probe his billings. This guy is a fraud.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Bloody impossible to get a thorough work up done for a proper referral. Sends the equivalent of a post-it note saying "patient in pain please assess" for referrals without doing any relevant bloodwork or imaging. When called or faxed to notify what testing should be standard in all referrals of the same type they make little to no effort to get the testing done and results sent in a timely fashion. Only office worse than this one for sending referrals is Dr. Anca Patroi. Would you send someone to a cardiologist without an ECG? Or to a clinic for Diabetes treatment without ordering a fasting glucose? This office would.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017