Ratings for Dr. Rachel Kupets

Dr. Kupets is straight to the point and very knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable going into surgery to have a huge mass removed from my ovary which was very scary. Her staff was excellent and she even called my family personally after my surgery to let them know everything went well. I would definately recommend Dr. Kupets.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

She is often very rushed and overworked therefore misses things of great importance. I am confident in her skills and knowledge,however the system at Sunnybrook is horrid. You are a number.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

She performed my LEEP, it was scheduled for 8:30am she did not arrive at WCH til 1pm. Did not explain the procedure and gave me no chance to ask my questions. Very cold approach but I am so thankful to have her. I wasn't there to gain a friend, the procedure went smooth and she is I'm sure an excellent surgeon that I would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr Kupets performed pelvic/abdo surgery on me yesterday. Yes I am sore as to be expected. The after care at Sunnybrook has been fantastic. I am very confident in this doctor and thank her for her skill level.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I met with Dr. Kupets today and I appreciated her straight forward approach. I am confident moving forward with surgery. She was frank and direct about the situation I am facing. Knowledgeable and professional.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Kupets doesn't know what she's talking about and yet feels comfortable giving wrong medical advice. She told me getting an IUD would cause infertility. WRONG.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

It is understandable that oncologists see many patients nowadays with the increased rise in Cancer. However, I have never witnessed a patient fear their oncologist the way my mother has towards Kupetz; and when I met her, I instantly realized why. It's questionable whether this woman has a pulse or a conscious, as I still cannot understand how a person can show 0 compassion towards a patient who fears for their own life. Now, fast forwarding 3 years later, my mother has finally decided to get a 2nd opinion and be transferred to a new oncologist and hospital all together as my mama no longer wants to be under Kupetz's ignorant care, since Kupetz showed no care for my mothers ongoing symptoms. If there is 1 piece of information you can take from my review than PLEASE know that YOU have the choice of who's medical hands take care of you and don't ever let an oncologist determine the faith of your life.. Your life is in Your hands and with the right Mindframe and Support - both medical and personal.. YOU CAN BEAT CANCER! Blessings and Be Well:)

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr Rachel Kupets is a BUTCHER! I was referred to Dr Kupets due to the findings of ovarian cancer following a regular hysterectomy performed by my Gyne of 20 years. I was 42, in shock and scared. She booked my 2nd surgery, warned me that it would be difficult and painful due to debulking but when I came out of surgery I thought I was going to die. Following surgery, just after recovery one of her very unprofessional interns told me that the cancer had spread into my omentum, diaphragm and liver...I was just coming out of the recovery room this was not the place or time for me to hear this, my mother had grabbed the doctor and threatened to throw her out..that's just the beginning. This doctor neglected to put a tube for drainage, she said she didn't follow that practice. I told them while in the hospital that my underwear and night gown were wet in the area of the incision and was told no there was nothing there...it was in my head, well this caused hematoma and my stomach ripping open for nine months I had a personal nurse come to my home to pack me, I had infection after infection, e coli, pain, fevers all this while going through chemo. While undergoing chemo I heard that other patients were having CT scans so I asked for a scan and she refused over and over again, I demanded a scan, was told by a relative being a doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Miami that I needed a PET scan, well that was completely out of the question, finally, she got sick of my asking and gave me a CT Scan only to find the cancer was still there and resistant to chemo. This all started on April 19, 2013, on Feb 23, 2013 she told me to get my life in order because I may not make it to 6 months. It's been 3 years, the cancer has spread to all my organs but thankfully, I am now seeing an amazing oncologist at Princess Margaret that has me on a clinical trial and has given me more time. Dr Kupets wasted my time, she was rude, obnoxious and doesn't listen to her patients. She treated me as a number or better yet a statistic. This woman has no heart, I would not recommend her to anyone. If you have a choice go to Princess Margaret Hospital. Oh and BTW, her own staff recommended that I get transferred to another hospital due to the lack of care and bedside manners and I did.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Being a doctor seems to be just a job to Dr. Kupets. She said my mother was doing okay until she was about to go on maternity leave. Then my mother "was dying" and "we should prepare for her death. The "doctors" who substituted for her were just passing time. Dr. Lilian Gien didn't even approach my mother. Dr. Gien said "if Dr. Kupets said my mother was dying then my mother is dying."

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I had a follow up colposcopy with Dr. Kupets and I felt that I was in good hands. She encouraged me to watch the monitor as the procedure went on to ease my anxiety. I understand that in this day and age we look for great "customer service" - but this is one place where that is not a requirement for me. I need to be informed and treated. That I was. I recommend this doctor and I will go back and see her in 6 months for a follow up. Also, my appointment was at 11am and I was out of the office at 11:35- impressive!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014