Ratings for Dr. Bernard G Yau

Dr Yau is hands-down the best dentist I have ever had. Five stars across-the-board. He is very caring, his dental skills are incredible, my mouth was an absolute mess and he made it good as new. I would not hesitate recommending him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

What a wonderful Dentist! I'm very afraid of dentists, and always had the impression I had terrible teeth and was hopeless. Dr. Yau took the time not only to educate me and make me feel comfortable and at ease, he was thorough and made me understand my place in the range of normal dental health, not just perfect dental health. I actually feel ok about my dental health for the first time since I was a kid, and my anxiety is way down. He's gone above and beyond.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I've been Bernie's patient for over 10 years. He is a consummate professional who takes the time to explain everything clearly and he always recommends the most conservative treatment. Bernie is genuinely interested in his patients' health and well-being. My husband has also been Bernie's patient for a number of years, after seeking him out for a second opinion when an extremely costly and totally unnecessary cosmetic surgery had been recommended to him by his now ex-dentist. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Mau. He is patient, kind, honorable, and always on top of the latest developments in dental health care. His hygiene staff are also excellent and his office staff are friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Yau for about 6 years now. My initial visit was upon recommendation from several coworkers. I have since stopped working in the same building but still go back just because he really is an amazing dentist. He always takes his time to check in with me, is very personable and caring. He also spends the time to explain everything and is highly knowledgable. I can definitely understand why he is so highly rated and recommend him to anyone seeking a dentist in the downtown core.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I agree with the other comments. My whole family has been going to Dr. Yau for years, even though we moved out of Vancouver a decade ago. We will not give him up! Both Dr. Yau and his staff have also been wonderful with my kids - very kind and friendly (and effective)! I completely trust Dr. Yau to act according to our best interests.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

It's no suprise what people are saying here. When you have your first visit you'll know why he is the BEST. Polite, friendly, makes you feel comfortable and he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr. Yau was referred to me from a family friend who had been going to him for a while. I was very happy with her recommendation. I always feel like he is honest, easy to talk to and give really great advice to do with my teeth. I would recommend Dr. Yau to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Yau is bar none the best dentist I have ever been to, He has a wonderful disposition, takes the time with every patient, genuinely cares about what you are saying and is excellent at what he does. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a new dentist.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Yau is talented, knowledgeable and professional. I always have a comfortable and positive experience and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Bernie Yay is the best dentist I've ever had. I was so lucky to end up with him when my previous dentist retired. I have never met another health professional who was so personable, understanding, gentle and competent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014