Ratings for Dr. Bernard G Yau

My dentist for 10 years now. No matter where I move, I always travel to see him. Dr.Yau is exceptionally knowledgeable and on top of latest practices. He takes time to find the solution that works best. I trust him completely to act in my best interests when it comes to dentistry. Over the years I referred many of my friends who now rave about him as well.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Recently Dr. Yau repaired a cavity in an old filling on my eye tooth. The tooth itself was both mis-shapen and crooked. In addition to a great job on the cavity and filling repair, Dr. Yau shaved and shaped the repaired tooth so it was much improved over its previous appearance.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Called the office twice and almost never returned the call. Doctor always tries to do the cleaning by himself instead of hygienist, that is probably not bad, but his cleaning is worst. When I was there few years earlier (as regular), I insist hygienist Lindsey should be cleaning my teeth. When she left the company, I went to the Yau few times, but at last decided to move on. Also Yau's review might be fake, cause it does not match the reality. He should not get 5 star. Just go and try him by yourself (assuming you already have a had chance to try a quality dentist, so that you can compare the quality)

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Dr Yau is hands-down the best dentist I have ever had. Five stars across-the-board. He is very caring, his dental skills are incredible, my mouth was an absolute mess and he made it good as new. I would not hesitate recommending him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

What a wonderful Dentist! I'm very afraid of dentists, and always had the impression I had terrible teeth and was hopeless. Dr. Yau took the time not only to educate me and make me feel comfortable and at ease, he was thorough and made me understand my place in the range of normal dental health, not just perfect dental health. I actually feel ok about my dental health for the first time since I was a kid, and my anxiety is way down. He's gone above and beyond.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I've been Bernie's patient for over 10 years. He is a consummate professional who takes the time to explain everything clearly and he always recommends the most conservative treatment. Bernie is genuinely interested in his patients' health and well-being. My husband has also been Bernie's patient for a number of years, after seeking him out for a second opinion when an extremely costly and totally unnecessary cosmetic surgery had been recommended to him by his now ex-dentist. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Mau. He is patient, kind, honorable, and always on top of the latest developments in dental health care. His hygiene staff are also excellent and his office staff are friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Yau for about 6 years now. My initial visit was upon recommendation from several coworkers. I have since stopped working in the same building but still go back just because he really is an amazing dentist. He always takes his time to check in with me, is very personable and caring. He also spends the time to explain everything and is highly knowledgable. I can definitely understand why he is so highly rated and recommend him to anyone seeking a dentist in the downtown core.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I agree with the other comments. My whole family has been going to Dr. Yau for years, even though we moved out of Vancouver a decade ago. We will not give him up! Both Dr. Yau and his staff have also been wonderful with my kids - very kind and friendly (and effective)! I completely trust Dr. Yau to act according to our best interests.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

It's no suprise what people are saying here. When you have your first visit you'll know why he is the BEST. Polite, friendly, makes you feel comfortable and he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr. Yau was referred to me from a family friend who had been going to him for a while. I was very happy with her recommendation. I always feel like he is honest, easy to talk to and give really great advice to do with my teeth. I would recommend Dr. Yau to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014