Ratings for Dr. Trevor Born

Knowledgeable and professional staff support Dr Born, who is exceptionally skilled . His focus on surgical results that makes you a better you was very reassuring. I am very happy with the results of an abdominoplasty, liposuction and facial fat grafting operation, and the after care care has been excellent.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Amazing experience. Loved the pre and post supplements to help prepare and heal my eye lift surgery. I would highly recommend using Dr. Born for any cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

If cosmetic surgery offices could be rated the in the same way as restaurants, TMB would have three Michelin stars. I have had seven plastic surgeries in the past 20 years from different doctors across the country, and, let me tell you, the level of care, professionalism, expertise and recovery time I experience in the hands of Doctor Trevor Born is nowhere near comparable. I had my breast lift at TMB on a Friday in November 2018; I only had to take few painkillers on Saturday and by Sunday I was totally fine. I spent the entire day shopping with my daughter. The following Tuesday I saw Dr. Born and he gave me the green light to go back to the gym. I could not believe it, it was a weekend surgery. My case was more difficult than others; having had breast implants since the age of 22, I am now 52. I have had them under and above the muscles and after a certain number of years, I had to have them replaced or removed due to capsular contracture. The doctor who removed my last implants back in May 2017 did not do a very good job. I was left with two long scars under my breasts and a big indentation on my left breast. After thirty years of implants, I had enough of them, I just wanted small as well as normal looking breasts. I contacted four very well-known surgeons in Toronto; one refused to do the surgery, he told me that I had already had too many surgeries; one was unsure; he took many pictures and told me that he would have to review my case with his associates, which made me think that he was not too capable. One told me that a lift without an implant would give horrible results. I also should say that I discussed a fat transfer with them, as well as through Skype with an American doctor; I am not a candidate for fat transfer as I measure 5`7 and weight 115 pounds; I was devastated. Thankfully someone recommended Dr. Born. Right away I knew that my breasts would have a new chance in this life! Dr. Born was honest, attentive, intelligent, confident, and never pressured me to get implants. He was the only one who knew what to do with the indentation on my left breast. I am ecstatic with the results! They are way better than I ever would have dreamed considering how they looked prior to the surgery. For everyone out there who is considering cosmetic surgery, you must see Dr. Born, despite the fact that he is more expensive than other surgeons, believe me, ​it is worth it; you can make sure to avoid going through the process twice or paying double because of a bad surgery.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Had fillers done. Looks sort of plastic. I don't see the artistry. Have had much better results with another nearby doctor but wanted to try someone else in case I decide to do surgery later. Won't go back. He's also kind of smug.

Submitted February 11, 2018

I have had several consultations with the top breast plastic surgeons in NYC for the past 15 years. However I never pulled the trigger as I didn’t get the right feeling from them. I didn’t even know that Dr.Born performed Breast Augmentation. I’ve been a patient of his wife ,Dr.Lisa Airan,my dermatologist,for 15 years. Dr.Born had been taking care of a slight scar I developed from a dog bite in 2015. While waiting for him at my annual scar appointment; I leafed through his book. I was shocked to see the photos of his breast work. They were exactly what I had envisioned but never found in any of the other top surgeons’ work. I had several consults with him about it as I’m extremely conservative and prudent about plastic surgery. The best plastic surgery is when people can’t tell what’s been done ; just that you look great. Dr.Born patiently and respectfully addressed all my questions and many concerns regarding the right size implant for me. He is by far one of the most skilled and intelligent surgeons I’ve ever met. I am very happy with my results. My close friends have remarked how natural my breasts look. Also, immediately after my surgery my blood pressure was volatile as I have high blood pressure. Dr.Born came back to the surgery suite immediately upon receiving the news and cared for me himself. He wouldn’t even let the nurse attend to me. He tended to me himself to stabalize my blood pressure as well as apply an ice pack to me. He could have had the nurse do this but didn’t. This speaks volumes about what kind of doctor he is. I cannot be happier with my decision to select Dr.Born as my surgeon for this procedure.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with Doctor Born and his staff. I had a rhinoplasty procedure at the beginning of December and could not be more thrilled with the results. From the first consultation, Dr. Born was extremely helpful in explaining to me the procedure and was 100% honest in explaining to me what could be done. What I admired most was how he ensured my expectations were realistic and did not push me to book the surgery whatsoever. He also took the time to see me again to go over the details and review pictures I had brought. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional in every aspect of the pre-operative experience. On the day of the surgery - he made me feel 100% comfortable and called my parents once the surgery was over to ensure everything went smoothly. Each post-op appointment has been great and just 7 days after having a 4 hour surgery I was back to normal with minimal bruising. His staff are also exceptional. His surgical coordinator Andrea is extremely helpful and responded to emails quick and efficiently answering every question I had about the experience. His nurse Yolanda is also amazing - I cannot say enough great things about my experience with her! The rest of the staff including Mary are all exceptional in what they do. If anyone is searching for a surgeon I would HIGHLY recommend going to Dr. Born. The entire experience was extremely positive and I am thrilled with the results! Couldn't be happier with my decision to go with him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I would not recommend this Dr. Came in to discuss face lift procedure. He clearly is not a facial De and mentioned several areas that I was not worried about and did not address my concerns/questions etc. He spent little time with me and I felt rushed nd as if I was not worth his time. He is extremely abnoxious in his treatment towards patients (or I can only assume based on how I was treated) I felt that he left before I had a chance to really understand what my options were. I never saw him again but was give a quote by a staff member in the office who pushed surgery on me like a car sales personnel. I don’t even know where we left off. I was confused and extremely upset. I would shop around. I have since had the procedure with another plastic surgeon less than a block away and demonstrated his true passion for what he does and his patients. There was no push for me to book immediately. This is my face and what is displayed to the public. This is not about colouring my hair or going to a nail salon. I left feeling as if I was beneath all who worked there. The biggest problem, he actually mentioned people in the media that he had operated on, by full name and detailed one of these women’s surgeries. I may not be that “important” however, is that not extremely unethical? Are these woman Aware of the conversations he has on such personal matters. As I write this I get angrier thinking that I even considered Dr Born in the first place. It’s humiliating! Dr. Born will probably snub his nose at this review however I think the public has a right to now - a lot of obey involved and quite a permanent surgical procedure. I am human and deserve to be treated with a lot more respect. I will not go back EVER!

Submitted January 17, 2018

This is my 2nd time having had surgery with Dr , Born , I’m 6 months in very happy with my results and feeling great , Best Platics Surgeon in the GTA wouldnt trust anyone but Dr. Born

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I had a breast lift, reduction, new implants, liposuction and Mini tummy tuck performed by Dr.Born. The results were beautiful immediately. I am 4.5 weeks post operative, my scars are minimal and I don’t have any swelling at all. He truly is a master of his craft. Dr Born and is staff are a extremely helpful, pleasant and committed to your comfort and healing process.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

I cannot say enough about how great dr born is. I was a complicate revision case and many doctors turned me away. He was honest, caring, and made the best out of a terrible situation. He will do anything he can to ensure his patients are happy. He makes sure to set realistic expectations and doesn’t over promise things that he can’t deliver. He is the BEST in the city.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Trevor Born's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 1990)