Ratings for Dr. Hector Baillie

He only deals with cardiac issues. He likes to tell you this. Anything else forget it. A total waste of time if you are referred for any other reason besides cardiac. Bottom line. ... Arrogant is a good word as described by someone else. Think twice.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I am sorry but this doctor has an arrogant attitude which prevents him from thinking outside the box. Not the worst one, but think twice if having a complicated condition, "non classical" presentations or just need your questions to be answered. Dr. Baillie seems not liking questions.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Baillie is a thoughtful and thorough doctor who is exceptionally good at explaining every aspect of ones condition. It also doesn't hurt that he has a subtle and dry wit. I had quadruple coronary artery bypass graft surgery and feel very fortunate to have Dr. Baillie on my team.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Baillie even though my problem wasn't his specialty. Treated with utmost courtesy. In depth questioning regarding my problem resulted in medication being prescribed. This gave a lot of relief of my symptons which my own GP couldn't be bothered to investigate. An hour long visit during which he explained everything he was trying and why. Asked me to call after a week to report on effectiveness of medication and if there were any side effects. After duly calling and leaving a message Dr. Baillie returned my call within an hour. Very professional and a gentleman of the 'old school'. Extremely satisfied and would recommend him at any time.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

This Dr. is a very old school one. Probably, good in treatment of classical cardiovascular stuff, but if you are quite unfortunate to have something exceeding heart attack-blocked artery-hypertension kind, it is unlikely you will be treated by him at all. It seems, everything he is not familiar with, goes to "dismiss/kick out" box. At least, he is definitely not up to date with rare heart diseases. This would not be bad, if he would be willing to refer to the specialists who know how to handle it. But in my case he preferred to send me out without any treatment. Well, I did not give up, and finally got an excellent care and lifesaving therapy at another cardiologists' office, who are real experts.

Submitted April 28, 2016

I was sent to him with chest pain, I'm 30 yrs old. I don't have a heart problem but Dr. Ballie, after doing some tests to make sure, did not dismiss me and gave me the help I have been needing for over two years now. A very funny, intelligent man who knows his field and demonstrates great concern for his patients. 5 star rating doesn't even begin to show the appreciation I have for this Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have the greatest confidence in Dr. Bailiee. He treats every visit with seriousness, yet humour that helps us feel at ease. He is the most helpful and informative physician that I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Baillie by my wonderful GP Dr. Kulla, for a potential heart issue. After the most compassionate and professional assessment, Dr. Baillie covered all potential causes/conditions to the point where at one point he paused and took a couple of minutes to consider other potential tests he could conduct. I felt totally valued as a patient and a person. He actually found something else totally unrelated and made sure I would get the necessary tests to check it out. His staff who administered the stress test totally put me at ease and made the session more "enjoyable" ! Dr. Baillie is the real deal and we are very fortunate that he is here in Nanaimo. thank you!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

My husband had a consult with Dr. Baillie prior to some vascular surgery. Dr. Baillie was professional, empathetic and patient. He excused himself for using the computer to put in and retrieve the necessary information. He spoke slowly and clearly and asked probing questions before examining my husband. He fully explained the issues and results and because of my husband's hearing problem drew pictures to accompany his explanations. Neither one of us felt rushed or that our comments and questions were unimportant or unnecessary. Definitely a doctor who made you feel you were in 'good hands' and that he had his patient's best interests at the fore.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

excellent, fast, competent, easy to undersatnd.I suspect would be considered a conservative doctor

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012