Ratings for Dr. Hector Baillie

This Dr. is a very old school one. Probably, good in treatment of classical cardiovascular stuff, but if you are quite unfortunate to have something exceeding heart attack-blocked artery-hypertension kind, it is unlikely you will be treated by him at all. It seems, everything he is not familiar with, goes to "dismiss/kick out" box. At least, he is definitely not up to date with rare heart diseases. This would not be bad, if he would be willing to refer to the specialists who know how to handle it. But in my case he preferred to send me out without any treatment. Well, I did not give up, and finally got an excellent care and lifesaving therapy at another cardiologists' office, who are real experts.

Submitted April 28, 2016

I was sent to him with chest pain, I'm 30 yrs old. I don't have a heart problem but Dr. Ballie, after doing some tests to make sure, did not dismiss me and gave me the help I have been needing for over two years now. A very funny, intelligent man who knows his field and demonstrates great concern for his patients. 5 star rating doesn't even begin to show the appreciation I have for this Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have the greatest confidence in Dr. Bailiee. He treats every visit with seriousness, yet humour that helps us feel at ease. He is the most helpful and informative physician that I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Baillie by my wonderful GP Dr. Kulla, for a potential heart issue. After the most compassionate and professional assessment, Dr. Baillie covered all potential causes/conditions to the point where at one point he paused and took a couple of minutes to consider other potential tests he could conduct. I felt totally valued as a patient and a person. He actually found something else totally unrelated and made sure I would get the necessary tests to check it out. His staff who administered the stress test totally put me at ease and made the session more "enjoyable" ! Dr. Baillie is the real deal and we are very fortunate that he is here in Nanaimo. thank you!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

My husband had a consult with Dr. Baillie prior to some vascular surgery. Dr. Baillie was professional, empathetic and patient. He excused himself for using the computer to put in and retrieve the necessary information. He spoke slowly and clearly and asked probing questions before examining my husband. He fully explained the issues and results and because of my husband's hearing problem drew pictures to accompany his explanations. Neither one of us felt rushed or that our comments and questions were unimportant or unnecessary. Definitely a doctor who made you feel you were in 'good hands' and that he had his patient's best interests at the fore.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

excellent, fast, competent, easy to undersatnd.I suspect would be considered a conservative doctor

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Referred to Dr. Baillie for a different problem, went to his office recovering from respiratory and intestinal illness that I'd had for two weeks, too sick or stupid to call anyone for help--I'm elderly, live alone, and have no family. Dr. Baillie immediately sent me to the hospital for admission. The only thing that slowed him up was my GP (not any longer!), whom Dr. Baillie phoned in my presence. My GP told him (not having seen me) that it was unnecessary. "Tearing a strip" off my GP doesn't even approach what Dr. Baillie said to him. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Front desk said no exceptions .Expect 2-3 months wait ,end of conversation. Only took 3 weeks

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

The doctor is terrific. The main scheduler, however, is disrespectful, short tempered, dictatorial, abrupt and rude. Appointments are dealt out with a take it or leave it basis. If unable to take an appt, one gets put to bottom of list again. There is no opportunity to have a discussion - take it or leave it! I find it difficult to believe the doctors at that office are unaware of how their patients are treated.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

Dr. Baillie has restored my faith in the Medical System. He took the time (1 hour), to explain my condition in detail and explain the options once the tests were completed. He explained things so I could understand why and what was happening to my heart. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Hector Baillie's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This Dr. is a very old school one. Probably, good in treatment of classical cardiovascular stuff, but if you are quite unfortunate to have something exceeding h..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to him with chest pain, I'm 30 yrs old. I don't have a heart problem but Dr. Ballie, after doing some tests to make sure, did not dismiss me and gave..."

April 15, 2016