Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Hansen

I have been seeing Doc Hansen and his staff for 40 plus yrs. He has always been compassionate and professional. Is not afraid to say you need to see a specialist and has referred me to only the best. I feel very lucky to have found him at a young age and he keeps me going forward. Thanks Doc.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Agree with the review that stated if you have a common cold he is fine - anything more advanced - forget it. My father is critically ill and in the hospital and repeated calls left for his nurses were returned 4+ days later. Unacceptable!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

VERY RUDE! MILKS THE SYSTEM, KEEPS YOU IN HOSPITAL THE FULL AMOUNT OF ALLOTED DAYS. GIVES YOU MEDS YOU DONT WANT OR NEEDN TREATS MOST OF THE OLDER PATIENTS TERRIBLE

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Hansen for over 20 years now and am dreading the day he retires. No doubt he's a busy guy and isn't always right on time, but hasn't left me waiting forever either. He is always very concerned with my problems, is very respectful and actually listens to me when I talk. He generally nails the problem quickly although when in question he has referred me promptly to specialists. I wish I could get an appointment with them as fast as I can with Dr. Hansen. I have a complicated history but he always takes the time to explain the big picture to me thoroughly and understandably. One of the things I like the most is his demeanor. He is just like any normal person; no designer clothes or "godlike" attitude. He is like a friend who has my back.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Doc Hansen is a very good internist. He suspects your affliction is beyond his expertise he will immediately recommend you to a specialist. He will not order test that will be duplicated again by specialist. He is easy to talk to and actually listens, I am a male 58 yrs old and recommend him as a very competent physician.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Excellent Doctor. Excellent understranding of your problems. very knowledgable

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

As long as you have a common cold or some other simple condition, Hansen may seem like a good doctor. If you have something more complex wrong, he doesn't take time or run tests to find out what is wrong. After 20 years as his patient, I had full trust in him until I started losing weight unexpectedly and was very sick. Rather than ordering tests to determine the cause, he made inappropriate comments insinuating that I was sticking my finger down my throat and responsible for my own weight loss. I was shocked at his unprofessional behavior. Luckily, I went to another doctor and he actually cared about my impending death. By this point I was down to 88 pounds. He ran some tests and put me on pancreatic enzymes and I gained 20 pounds! It turned out to be malabsorption of nutrients due to pancreatic insufficiency. I was slowly starving to death. Dr. Hansen did nothing for me and I nearly died. I am forever grateful to the other doctor who saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Hansen is a very personable and friendly doctor, he reminds me of the old country doctor. There was a time that I visited for a physical and afterwards sked him if I could talk to him about a non-med issue and he was more than happy to listen and answer my questions. His staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Mark E. Hansen's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)