You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Melvin Hershfield

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. H needs to hang up the coat and retire. He has a mindset of things he learned 50 years ago and is not open to any new ideas and methods. He thinks you are nuts when you tell him things you are experiencing and that it couldn't be possible and the internet is the biggest waste of time where people diagnose themselves with problems they don't have. His solution for kidney stones is to drink lots of water and jump around lots. WTF? OASN, his receptionist has no sense of humour, vapid of any soul, and just seems to "be there". If you have been recommended to see him, ask your GP to find another. Trust me.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I read all of these reviews about Dr,Hershfield and actually im quit disappointed, I seen the Dr,this morning and I'm glad I did ,he was very professional and very informative,,i would 100% refer him to anyone else I know with any prostate problems,2 Thumbs up Doc!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Hershfield was extremely dismissive of my concern and problem which I was originally referred to him for. Handed me a piece of paper that indicated no further appointments required, then sent me on my way, however the problem still exists. I spent 45 mins. after the procedure in horrible pain and discomfort with no support from staff to get me up and on my way home. Dr. Hershfield does display patience especially during the office consultation however

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

He's an old-aged man who has experience in some areas but lack HUGELY in others. Because of him, I ended up suffering worse than if I were to have gone to a proper Urologist for the right diagnoses and treatment. He doesn't really care about you nor does he think "anything" is ever serious enough to warrant ANY type of treatment. I've gone to several Urologists and so I know the areas of expertise he excels in, and other areas where he has failed to hit the mark. Be very cautious when going to see him because more often than not, he's of very little help. I almost considered it a 100% waste of my time to see him, and it was in some ways, a negative impact to my health and condition. The receptionist is also very "gloomy" and I did not feel like she a very good customer service. If you have a problem, go see another urologist. This one doesn't consider anything serious unless you're dieing of cancer or have a SERIOUS problem that needs tending to.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I was given a Cystoscopy by Dr Hershfield and found the procedure to be only mildly uncomfortable. Dr Hershfield carefully described the procedure as we went along and answered all my questions with a great deal of patience and clarity. I had a very small amount of discomfort immediately following the procedure and nothing beyond. I was given a catheter at the hospital two weeks prior and both the initial procedure and the discomfort afterwords were far more sever. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Hershfield.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

My cystoscopy was done by Dr. Hershfield today and I found the procedure was not particularly uncomfortable. The Dr. explained what he was doing, answered my questions and generally put me at ease. I've seen Dr. Hershfield twice and been impressed by his knowledge & approachability on both occasions.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I underwent a cystoscopy even though I found this doctor appeared not to have the time or patience to answer my questions. The actual cystoscopy was a very unpleasant experience and the doctor shrugged his shoulders when I asked what he diagnosed my problem to be. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

He did a circumcision on my 4 year old son and totally messed him up. I never went back to him but went to another urologist who fixed my son. I trusted Dr H to perform a simple circumcision. He left a huge amount of skin hanging from the posterior penis. My son had to go back to the operating room under general anasthesia for 40 minutes for another surgeon to fix what Dr H messed up. Dr H needs to retire. I am sure his sight is going. I was fortunate that I knew another urologist to fix my sons problem. Most people would have gone back to Dr H to get it fixed again. I would not let this man touch my animals. He is past due to retire. Do not see him...

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

I had a pain in my left groin. It's been diagnosed as a hernia. He thought it was in my head as if the pain was made up and I was wasting his time (this is what the report pretty much read like when my GP read it out to me)! Just because I was 21 years old and his patients are much older doesn't mean I didn't deserve the same respect and attention. Now I'm going to be getting hernia surgery finally!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

Dr. Melvin Hershfield's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor knows everything about humans and has all the answers, he rocks, he is the best"

December 29, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. H needs to hang up the coat and retire. He has a mindset of things he learned 50 years ago and is not open to any new ideas and methods. He thinks you are ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I read all of these reviews about Dr,Hershfield and actually im quit disappointed, I seen the Dr,this morning and I'm glad I did ,he was very professional and v..."

January 12, 2015