Dr. Leo Lapuerta
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(27)

"Dr Leo Lapuerta is not only an incredible, gifted, and highly skilled Dr along with bei..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Russell Kridel

I had a browlift with Dr. Kridel last August and I couldn't be more pleased with my results! I'm in my 30's and my brows weren't terrible -- They were just very straight. Dr. Kridel was able to raise them so I now have a noticeable arch. I love them! Added bonus, I haven't really needed any botox! My forehead is much smoother after the surgery.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

He's Terrible, Stay Away. He should not be allowed to Practice, he's the most arrogant Doctor out there. Lied to me said he could use my own rib to fix my nasal columella, I'm not old used cadaver cartilage? well 3 years later reabsorbed, went back, sorry I guess I should have used your rib? Unreal said he would but wanted another $20,000? went to Chicago saw a Doctor that knows him, This was doctor was great, fixed my nose, said Dr Kridell was good when young, now he's about Money and usually gets his Fellows to do the work, He said Dr Kridel should have retired at least 10 years ago..

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

He did a terrible rhinoplasty on me - left my nose very crooked. When I called to get a follow-up appointment to see if he could fix things, the staff made me wait many months just to come in to discuss it. Then Dr. Kridel just told me he was unable to fix it. Even his staff agreed that my nose looked better before Dr. Kridel operated on it. I think he's a lot better at marketing than at nose jobs.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

I want people to be very careful about the Dr. they choose. This Dr. does not have certification through american board of plastic surgery. I drove from out of town and spent $200 on the consultation, which is more than other offices. I spent more time with his staff than him and I felt rushed. They quoted me a price and made it seem like they were doing me a favor by taking off $5000 but still quoted me $10000 for his services plus $5000 for hospital, a total of $15000. That was just the estimate and said if they had to go longer or anything else happened that number would go up. So this is how the financial aspect of the plan worked. You have 90 days to put down $2000 and have to pick a date that (in my case) has to be in 2017. If you do not do it within this date than the quote is void and they can charge you extra and any money you put into the surgery at that point would be non-refundable. I am in school and was going to graduate in Nov so wanted to make my surgery date in Dec or Jan, she told me Jan was a problem because of this. I am glad I didn't put down the $2000 which is why I was calling the office. I'm glad that I did research to find out he isn't board certified with american board of plastic surgery but he is board certified with american board otolaryngology. https://www.abplasticsurgery.org/ModDefault?section=SurgeonSearch#searching That is the website so you can check yourself. This next part isn't objective so feel free to skip reading, it's just how I felt personally. I would also like to point out how the staff treated me last time I talked to them on the phone. I was getting frustrated because the front desk was telling me I was mistaken about how the system there works but couldn't give me direct answers, she said she would pass on a message but I called directly back to see again if I could get in touch with the assistant who had worked with me on the financial side of things. I did get the assistant on the phone and she started to gas light me by saying I was yelling and screaming which I can assure you I was not. I said "I have not yelled or screamed and I am not yelling or screaming at you" she said "but you sound agitated" I said "that is different from yelling or screaming". Then she mentioned how my insurance wasn't going to pay and I said that I was not calling regarding the insurance because that was already decided, and she mentioned how I would probably have to save money and that I only had year 2017 to get the surgery if I wanted to keep my quote and you know the rest. Do research this and any Dr. you are thinking of choosing and be informed, not just from their staff and website but really search.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I'm thrilled; it's even better than I expected! The results are subtle to everyone else, but make a big difference to me (which I think is what most people want from plastic surgery)! The doctor(s) and staff were incredibly friendly, thorough, and caring. I would highly recommend this office to anyone thinking of having a facial cosmetic procedure!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

My experience with Dr. Kridel was a nightmare. He pulled my neck lift too tight so that I had to go elsewhere to get relief. You should not feel uncomfortably tight after a year. When I first started to complain about it to him, he told me I had mental problems. Also, beware...his fellows do operate on you.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr Kridel , the Butcher , he talks a great game but uses you as a test subject . Was told my irradiated cartilage he put in wouldn't reabsorb then said at 38 I was too old for my own , well he plain out lied , then never would see me again , went to John Hopkins had it fixed and it's been great for 5 years , used my own Rib. No issues , Doc said Kridel is old and past his prime should retire or just tell the world he's sorry and he had kids ? Terrible person

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I am a 56-year old female. I did a lot of research and ended up having my surgery (facelift and upper and lower eyelids) performed by Dr. Kridel. The entire experience, from the very thorough consultation thru the surgery and recovery process, was completely professional and positive. My husband thinks I look 15 years younger and I am extremely pleased. I highly recommend Dr. Kridel

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Very disappointed the 25,000 it costs me and sacrificed for my family my nose is the worse it was before all this started. Dont get fooled by the ratings from the staff.. Look at the dates they posted them. I hardly ever saw him after and i can bet any amount of money the quality of my job was not done by an experienced professional!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I think this is the worst doctor on the planet. He is extremely rude! No excuse for a professional.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Russell Kridel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a world-renowned facial plastic surgeon for more than 25 years, Russell Kridel, M.D., is recognized as one of the country's top surgeons by both his peers and his patients. He is often referred to as "The Doctors' Doctor." Triple board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, and the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Kridel is consistently named among the numerous Top Doc lists, including the acclaimed Castle Connolly Top Doctors, an accomplishment achieved by roughly only 2% of physicians. Dr. Kridel specializes in procedures for the face and neck, exclusively. He has pioneered surgical techniques for rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, facelift and septal perforation that are now taught in medical schools across the country. Regarded as "the" leading expert in facial plastic surgery, patients, including physicians and their family members, come from all over the world to have Dr. Kridel perform their surgery. He is the most noted, of only a few specialists, in the U.S. with an extremely high success rate for complex septal perforation surgery. Dr. Kridel also has extensive experience performing many other cosmetic procedures such as otoplasty, eyelid surgery, CO2 laser resurfacing, hair restoration, and other leading-edge, non-surgical treatments. Dr. Kridel understands that patients need individualized care based on their goals and expectations to achieve the most natural results. Through his extensive experience and outstanding surgical skills, Dr. Kridel leads his patients through this highly personal process of rejuvenation, whether it is a minimally invasive treatment or a complete cosmetic transformation. Dr. Kridel has published more than 100 scientific journal articles and book chapters on facial plastic surgery techniques, many of which he pioneered and are now taught in medical schools. His unparalleled surgical expertise and compassion puts his patients at ease so they can embark on their surgical journey with confidence. Always an activist for excellence in health care delivery, Dr. Kridel believes better health care for patients comes, in part, from physicians' dedication to developing medical advancements at all levels. Elected by surgeons from his own specialty, as well as, physicians across all disciplines, to numerous leadership positions, Dr. Kridel has served as President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, President of the Texas Medical Association Foundation, and President for the Harris County Medical Society. In 2014, Dr. Kridel was elected to the American Medical Association Board of Trustees and continues to serve in this capacity.

• Italian

• Stanford University (Grad. 1970)
  • University of Cincinnati (Grad. 1975)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

• Rhinoplasty

• "America's Best Physicians", National Consumer Advisory Board, 2017
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2011-present
  • "Houston's Top Doctors", H-Texas Magazine, 2006-present
  • AAFPRS “F. Mark Rafaty Award” for Surgical Excellence, 2010
  • AAFPRS “William K. Wright Award” for Excellence in Facial Plastic Surgery, 2002

Coventry Healthcare