Ratings for Dr. Xiangdong You

I attempted to make Dr. You my new doctor after not having insurance for a while and boy wasn't that a mistake. I made appointment to see him as a new patient. I ask office staff to please order my medical records from Wellstar please. They at first said that they would. Call back day before appoint to ask if they made the request. Office manager and one other stated that they could not order them without my signature. I called Wellstar records and of course they could from his office with doctor's letter head. I called back Dr. You's office but this time I had Wellstar on another line. Again office staff and manager made statement over the phone and Wellstar records corrected office manager. Office manager hung up on both of us. What unprofessional, sad, poor behavior is this. The Wellstar records person could not believe it. I went on to cancel my appointment after calling back to Dr. You's office. Office staff sucks in my opinion. Wow! This was so wrong of the office staff including the office manager. I do have names but if you don't believe me we can call Wellstar records. LOL Would not see this doctor without stepping a foot into his office because of is office staff. If you were a new patient would you not want the new doctor to know your medical history? They even scheduled me a afternoon appointment for a physical. If was having cbc-complete blood work, would they not want me to come in, in the morning to draw blood and that I would have to fast until blood was drawn. Wow! 0 stars for staff. Can't rate the rest thou software requires it because I cancelled appointment. I wonder if Dr. You reads these comments. I hope so.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

My daughter was seeing Dr. You for 4 years. In the last year she developed some medical conditions that need some specialists. Dr. You told us that they would no longer serve us as patients because writing referrals was too time consuming. He also had no idea on how to help some basic conditions and continued to send us to specialists. So if he can't solve the problem then he needs to refer us to someone that can and refused to write the paperwork. Isn't that what a primary care doctor should be doing? Very uncaring, not willing to listen, and not willing to do the work. Horrible example of a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. You is described as " straight forward " however, he hardly listens to what a person has to say before he responds. I feel he needs to learn to listen to his patients and learn to advocate on behalf of us and not belittle us. I feel that he often has a condescending tone when he answers my questions. In the beginning he did not bother me, however, his constant cocky demeanor and blatant non caring tone has turned me to seek another primary physician. It sucks because he did prescribe me with medicines as I needed them.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

I kept having dizzy spells and feeling weak. Contacted severe pain in the right shoulder area. He increase my Simvastatin which made matters worse. He sent me to have x rays on my neck and ultra sound also. I stopped taking the Simvastatin and I now feel normal. After all this he wanted me to see a neurologist because he couldn't figure out what was wrong and never mentioned the side effects of the drug I was taking.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

In search of a new PCP was told he was a good listener but I don't feel that he listened well to me at all.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

The Best Doctor I have ever had,understanding stright forward, willing to listen. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

My entire family are patients of Dr. You's. He is a great doctor. He was able to diagnose my brother's rare disorder after 2 doctors, 3 ER doctors, and 3 specialists couldn't. He came to the hospital to check on him on his day off. You do not find doctors that care that much these days. He takes a personal interest in his patients and is very 'no nonsense' when he needs to be. I know a lot of people who recommend him & I definitely do too!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. Xiangdong You's Credentials

• Hengyang Med Coll, Hengyang, Hunan, China (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Douglasville, GA