Ratings for Dr. Jean-Francois Planet

Biggest waste of my time . He doesn’t listen to your concerns . I’ve had the same health issues for almost a year now and he claims there’s nothing wrong , when every other doctor or specialist I’ve seen says there is . This is why I was referred to his services in the first place . You’re in and out of the appointment within minutes. Also every time I’ve had an appointment with him , he’s been at least 40 min late .

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

First appointment, waited 1 hour for a 5 minute appointment. Had to go back 3 weeks later to a different location to see him again. This time, waited half an hour to see him for yet another 5 minute appointment. He put a camera in my nose down my throat to see my vocal cords, something that took less than a minute and that used very small equipment that he could've had in his first office and used in my first appointment with him. Very frustrating that I had to go back for that. Then when I asked him follow up questions about what he saw, he basically told me that I didn't need to do anything except check back in four months. No advice on how to manage the pain or the loss of voice. When I tried to ask questions, he cut me off to tell me to make an appointment. So now, I know what's wrong with me, but I have no solution. He's very polite and smiles but doesn't listen and doesn't provide advice. As a patient, it's frustrating because you go to see a specialist to get answers, not to get rushed out. I'm sure he's a very busy doctor but patient service shouldn't pay the price for that.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Horrible dr stay away. I had to bring my daughter t

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Worst staff ever! The doctor is good but not worth going to because of the staff. Find a different specialist and save your time of being spoken down to and ignored by the doctors staff. I don't think any of them could even start to define a positive patient experience.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Planet was the second ENT I have seen with my son. The first ENT refused to remove my sons tonsils and adenoids despite 10 ear infections within a year. Dr. Planet quickly identified that my son needed to have not only his tonsils and adenoids removed but would benefit from tubes in his ears as well. We were referred to his office in December 2016, initial appointment mid January 2017 and surgery was completed end of April 2017. Since then We have had ZERO ear infections, my son is finally eating properly and has caught up with other children the same age, whereas before he was extremely petite and delicate, and the snoring has stopped. Since Surgery my son is happier, and finally healthy! Dr. Planet has a very busy practice, and tends to get in an out but his knowledge and expertise in surgery are incredible. I appreciated that he listened, examined and had the confidence to give his honest opinion of what needs to be done.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Had a very good experience with Dr. Planet he fixed my breathing by doing my surgery and I feel like a new person I can actually breathe now he was really good and knows what he is doing! I would recommend him for sure!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

First appointment with Dr Planet. His office has only three chairs and a sink, not even a desk! He is rude and in hurry. Way before I finished answering his first question he started to ask me the second question and I found he never listened my answer. I chose to have another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Rude , uncaring and unprofessional. Doesn't listen to the patient or pay attention to he symptoms. Go to another ENT specialist.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I have nose bleedings and went see Dr Planet, ....very rude. He was in a hurry and didn’t even took a second to check the nostrils and then proceed to cauterize. OHIP pay him to blew me a vein , the nosebleeds are worse than ever Then he said I will need a follow up. His office made the appointment and didn’t have the courtesy to tell me the date. Called more than 8 times to no avail…nobody answers the phone (just an answer machine), finally took time off work to go in person to check for the appointment, only to be told I have to pay $50, because I missed it by 2 days. When I told them check your answer machine to see how many times I called, they throw the ball at each other of who was in charge of the calls, very unprofessional. All useless, I ended up worse than when I first visit this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. J-F is one of the best doctors in Ottawa, and he is extremely warm and caring person. The clinic staff are excellent and extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful. Thank you :)

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017