Ratings for Dr. Mitchell R. Halter

This so called doctor grossly misdiagnosed my loved one and when my veteran loved one began to recover, Halter conspired with others including hospital administrators to cover up his malpractice, presenting false information disabling this veteran from entering the VA. Their collective neglect and the agonizing atrocities done to this veteran. Halter and many entities, in order to cover their criminal malpractice, conspired, through unlawful means, to disable the family from having any authority in this veterans medical care with the help of a corrupt judge and attorney firm, notorious for stealing estates of the elderly! Through gross neglect they committed unspeakable treatment to this veteran and ultimately killed him through court order. Halter and his conspirators rendered me and any family member helpless to save our loved one and traumatized us all! One day, Halter and every conspirator will have to stand before Almighty God for taking the life of this veteran who dedicated his life in the military to keep this country and the very reprobates who killed him, safe!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I have had VERY positive outcomes with Dr. Halter. He is a brilliant man and I can see that to some patients he may come off as abrupt. He responds very well if you tell him you dont understand something he says, etc. I saw him for an initial consult, he recommended I needed some help from a pain psychologist prior to any procedures due to trauma from previous doctors (the BEST in Tucson-HA!). In the meantime I was helped by the Nurse Practitioner Kathy Davis. Medication was part of my treatment but eventually I was ready for some epidural steroid injections by Dr. Halter. He's worked on myself and my Husband and we think the world of him!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Was relieved to finally find a doctor that didn't want to load me up with pilld and send me on my way. I had a cervical discectomy and spinal fusion at age 29 and ended up with more pain than I started with. I had several doctors, including the neurosurgeon that preformed the surgery try to convince me I was fine. It wasn't until I decided to see a Pain Management Dr. that I FINALLY (almost a year after surgery) confirm my pain and suggest treatment that ISN'T a pocket full of pills! I'm still undergoing diagnostic nerve root injections, but am optimistic that Dr. Halter will finally be the one that provides relief that doesn't come from a pill. I highly recommend him and am surprised at his negative reviews.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

this guy is an ****. lies about the how the medication affects you, due to his drug pushing i ended up in rehab and while there in the phx area met another patient of his b/c he too pushed heavy heavy meds. to treat migraines. Its no wonder why he was caught by the state of arizona for the deaths of a few of his patients. He is one skeevy doctor. Stay away from him unless you want to end up in drug rehab. =(

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

After seeing Dr.Halter for 6 months, I had flare-up of Crohn's disease that increase my pain level drastically. I tried to get ahold of Dr. Halter for over a week. I called every day asking for help. When his nurse finally got back with me, he said there was nothing he could do for me that I would just have to suffer. At my next visit, he was upset with me because my PCP increased my methadone. Again he stated that I need to get used to suffering and that there was nothing else he could do for me.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

I got medication through this doctor and spinal injections of steroids. After the injections, I didn't use pain medication for two months. After that, I went back to get a new prescription and he said "I knew you were going to be a problem. I'm not prescribing you any more medication." I was just kind of staring at him waiting for him to say "just kidding" or something but he never did. I said I didn't use any medication for two months because my back pain was so much better after the injections. I don't understand why this is shady. He then said that, if I passed his extensive drug test, he would put me on methadone. I don't want to use methadone. I am not a heroin addict. So I took and passed his drug test and never went back. He is a very poor quality physician and I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

We filled out all the necessary forms, (truthfully),collected the xray films and notes from the hospital, then got to the office 30 minutes later; all that was asked of us. A man came in the room, never even introduced himself and told us that the forms were contradictory, didn't make sense and "I can't help you". He didn't ask any questions about "what didn't make sense" to him or even listen to our explanation about the questionare being confusing at times. For example- to the question " do you find it hard to keep still when you are in pain?" My husband answered yes, because his leg shakes up and down involuntarily. The so-called contradictory question that was pointed out by the man (we later found out through a photo on the we-site was, indeed, Dr Halter) was " Do you remain still so you don't have pain?" and husband answered yes to that too. He TRIES to be still because of the pain. Then the man said " you are on oxygen for COPD. You need to stop smoking and lose weight.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. Mitchell R. Halter's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1995)

MB Health