Ratings for Dr. Lenny Pillay

Wow, I cannot believe the awful reviews here. I actually wondered if I had made a mistake and thought about getting another surgeon for my daughter's tonsillectomy. I am so glad we stayed with Pillay. He was amazing from the start - very kind and helpful. He explained all of our options and also made me (mom) feel like I could trust him. The day of surgery he stopped by to see us and calmed her fears (first surgery). He was AMAZING!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr Pillay was very attentive & listened to all of my symptoms and didn't make me feel like I was wasting his time. He was open to several possibilities for my symptoms and made arrangements to test several theories. I am certain he will be able to figure out what the problem is!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Pillay was absolutely great to work with. He helped solve my nasal issues and after doing my surgery even made time to come in on the weekend when an appointment was scheduled wrong. Great doctor very knowledgeable and great help. Would recommend him to anyone with ENT issues.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

If you experience a problem talk to the Dr. I was pleased.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

After years of saying "what?" I was finally convinced there was an issue with my ears and to see a specialist. I got in to see Dr. Pillay about 3 months after my initial referral. He's the first ENT I've ever been to that understands that if you need an ear doctor, you might not be able to use the phone. Having email confirmation saved me a lot of stress with a phone call I wouldn't be able to hear. His staff are welcoming, and the whole process was very fast. There was nothing Dr. Pillay could do with my type of loss, but he was honest and instead recommended hearing aids, for which he gave me a letter to give to my audiologist, saving me a run around later. Thanks Dr. Pillay & Staff

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I am an extremely nervous patient and medical settings cause me a great deal of anxiety. Dr. Pillay was absolutely amazing. He was friendly and welcoming. Very carefully reviewed results with me and calmed me for the tests he needed to do. It was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely recommend him. I had to wait about 25 minutes but had no issue with that at all as I expect that in most medical offices, they are very busy people keeping us all healthy! Love Dr. Pillay!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have met Dr. Pillay for my sons ear tubes and my daughter's tonsils. I have had a really good experience. With my son, he had hearing loss and Dr. Pillay recommended ear tubes which were done within a month, he said with hearing loss they do not like to wait. When I asked about his tonsils Dr. Pillay was honest about the recovery, why he recommends or doesn't recommend it, and ultimately the choice was up to me. He was very honest and doesn't do procedures he things are not necessary. My daughter he recommended her getting her tonsils removed and again very honest about recovery, risks, benefits etc. and said it was my decision. He was also great with my kids. And he answered all my questions in a courteous way and even showed me xrays, diagrams etc. You have to wait in his office a bit but seeing as he is a specialist I expect that. His receptionists I have had no problem with.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I hate to say this, but the only words I can think of are rude, arrogant, dismissive, smug, unhelpful along with a discourteous staff on the phone. My family doctor eventually was able to come up with a solution to my problem. Let me just say if you have a choice between your pet's veterinarian and this ENT ..........go see the Vet. You will get more help and more compassion.

Submitted February 26, 2016

Lenny wrote me off as not having sleep apnea. I had been suffering for years and not being able to get a solid nights sleep and always feeling tired. He said I don't meet the conditions to have it. Well I went to a private sleep clinic 1 months later. Low and behold I have apnea. Now that I have a proper diagnosis, I feel better then ever now that I have treatment (cpap). I won't not recommend Lenny to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr Lenny Pillay is the most Incompetent and rude doctor that I have even had the misfortune of meeting. I got referred to him after a stint at the ER and my family doctor thought he was OK. I should have noticed the warning signs. He treated me like he was knew what he was doing when in fact he was clueless! Completely misdiagnosed the condition and want is worse! he said the doctor who saw at the ER was the bad one! Safe to say I had to go back to ER and got another referral to another good doctor. Thank goodness for the ER doctors who competently and patiently treated and referred me. I am now looking at an official compliant against him now.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015