Ratings for Dr. Carman Giacomantonio

Kind man with a way of making you feel at ease even when you are hearing not so good news. He is very attentive and completely in touch with how his patients are feeling without making you feel babied. Great guy, great surgeon

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Giacomantonio performed surgery on my dad in April 2015. He was consulted from PEI and when we arrived at ER in Halifax, he had his staff meet us and oversaw his care. Ultimately he performed what should have been a 3 hour surgery that took over 7 hours and was much more extensive than originally thought. He came to see the family immediately after the surgery and explained the difficulties and challenges with such care and compassion - while being truthful and direct. I know it is because of him, we had an additional 6 weeks with my dad. I really don't believe anyone else could have done this surgery. Thank you, Dr. G!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I had Dr Giacomantonio preform my surgery Oct 2014 . I must say I was very lucky to have such a caring amazing doctor. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and was told I might have to consider surgery where the meds were not working the resident surgeon came in on a Sunday and the next thing I know I was being taken down to the operating room Dr Giacomantonio happened to be the surgeon on that day. I was very scared and didn't know what to expect. The OR nurse came out and asked me if I would like to meet my surgeon I said yes and out comes Dr Giacomantonio and takes my hand and says to me not to worry everything will be just fine. He asked me if I would like him to speak with my husband after the surgery and I said yes. I must say at that point I was glad to have met him before hand. This doctor in the brief moment before my surgery taking the time to speak with me and just be so kind and reassuring made things so much better. The staff In the operating room were so kind and so understanding I really felt comfortable at that point. I have heard very good things about Dr GIacomantonio and they are all so true this doctor went above and beyond to make sure even after my surgery I was doing ok. Everyday he would come in while doing his rounds and just take that extra time to explain things and just make a patient smile. Which to me is a big thing especially how busy he is he just takes just that extra time which I must say as a patient feels really good. This doctor is amazing he really does go above and beyond. A true doctor that cares !!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I met dr Giacomantonio in February 14th 2013, he saved my dads life that day!! When we were told there was no more options he had more and my dad just underwent another cancer operation performed by him and just found out yesterday there isn't a sign of ot anywhere!! Thank you so much for being such a kind compassionate dr willing to go the extra mile for people you truly are and angel!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Amazing doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I highly recommend Dr Gaicomantonio, he did a total gasterectomy on me 8 yrs ago, as I had found out I had the CDH1 gene which is a stomach cancer gene, the operation was a success and he did a great cut, he is the most caring Docter with an awesome bedside manner. I still see him, as he monitors me for breast cancer, I am proud to say I am cancer free, and doing great, and know that he will keep a close watch on me. He is a earth angel.....he saved my life, and continues to care about my well being. The world needs more surgeons like him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I met with Carmen to discuss undergoing a sugar baker surgery. After much thought and discussion we as a team chose to go for it.I am currently one year cancer free and I wholeheartedly believe it is due to this doctor that I am alive. He has always been honset about everything and never sugar coats it, I am so thankful to have Doctor Giacomantonio as my surgeon and I do believe he is a Earth Angel. God blessed me when he put me under the care of Dr.Giacomantonio. I will never be able to thank you enough for saving my life. You are an amazing man. Your family must be so proud and hounered to call you family. Thank you again for a second chance to be a wife and mother to my family. You are the Best !!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

This Dr is the best...he takes the time to inform and has exceptional 'people skills'...no 'walls' here..2 way communication....though the prognosis is not great,he has helped tremendously..HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

dr.giacomantonio operated on me in 2003 for pseudomyxoma peritone,a rare form of cancer.the surgery was 16 hrs,but due to this dr`s unaparalled skill and caring i got through it.the afercare was 2nd to none.he was upfront and straigtforward but compasionate at the same time.thanks for saving a fellow caper

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Giacomantonio is amazing. His confidence, kindness and humour helped me emmensely. He really cares about his patients and has a gift. He has helped me navigate the waters of leimyosarcoma. He is open to who the patient is as a person and a very good listener.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009