Ratings for Dr. Michele Astarita

Worst Experience. Even when Dr. Astarita could be good doctor, her process to attend a patient is unacceptable. I scheduled my second appointment with her at 9 am (first available) and I arrived on time to read my blood tests. When I arrived, in the waiting room were few people waiting for their own appointments. I had to leave her office after 6 hr waiting for her because apparently they have a common practice in which they confirm specific time appointments starting at 9 am but the doctor start those after 11 am each morning as she goes to the hospital first, and when she arrived, she starts the medical appointments as the arriving order not as per appointment order, so, if one person have the appointment at 11 but arrived at 6, that person is the first to be attended and this is unacceptable as they confirm dates and specific times per appointment. This kind of situations do not happens in a serious hospital or medical group. You can wait in any place, but never more than 45 mins. On top of that, I signed that date a form to release my medical exams to my PCP, and today, 3 weeks later they have not send anything to my doctor. I called them and they told me they haven't prepare anything to send? Why? I specifically asked for them to release on time my information to my PCP as I need to her to read my results and move forward with my treatment (after multiple clots in my lungs)/ Unacceptable.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Astarita is a great doctor. Her staff is not so good; however she makes up for it. She is very nice, has a lot of knowledge and follows up with her patients.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

She is a great doctor and beautiful human being. She cares about her patients, takes the time to sit with you and explains all your results. She follows up personally and is always concerned about her patients. This is one of the best doctors I've had.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr. Astarita is not even my oncologist, but when I go for chemo at Mercy she stops in, checks on me, chats. When I got ill during chemo yesterday, she was there in a flash to take care of me. She is very helpful, knowledgeable, and concerned about patients -- and not just her own. Also, she has remembered me so the claim that she does not remember her own patients strikes me as untrue.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

The staff is very mean and loses lab tests. The doctor acts nice but she will charge you a lot of money for anything, that really does not require effort, for example I was charged for filling a lab order. Worst thing ever is she does not try to find out what is wrong with you but just send you medications without knowing the underlying cause. She also will forget what kind of disease you have, pretty much she will act nice but once you leave she forgets you. She will tell you to call her after surgery but then she never picks up, or returns calls or to see you while you are in the hospital and your other doctors need her help for her specialty. The room where she works is dirty and I have found bloody gauze on the floor and onetime a needle. Avoid this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011