flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr Orris did my Gastric Sleeve surgery Nov. 13, 2015. I have been well pleased with his work. My incisions look great. He made sure I was well prepared at home with the right pain and nausea meds for when I left the hospital. the week after surgery his team was very willing to answer all of my questions. (and I called a lot :) ) I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I am a new patient with WLIAZ. I have had 3 separate appointments with them in preparation for the VSG and have to say they seem to treat me well. I had a little bit of a hard time getting ahold of them for some questions but once i got ahold of them they were very friendly. Dr. Orris is going to be the one to do the procedure for me and after meeting with him he seems to be very nice and informal. Answering any and all my questions the best he could to make me understand everything. At this time i have to say I'm pleased with all my services so far and hoping it continues throughout my whole journey.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I just had a gastric sleeve done by Dr. Orris at Wliaz and couldn't be happier. Dr. Orris and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone looking into a gastric sleeve.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I chose WLIA due to the excellence of Dr. Orris' staff. Very helpful, keep you on track. Dr. Orris answers your questions and Mike the nutritionist is the best. I am post op 2 months and have lost 32 pounds towards my personal goal of total loss of 110 pounds. I would refer WLIA to anyone who asked.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ has been available to answer my questions and help me understand the details of the lap band procedure. The location in Glendale is convenient and the office staff always try to assist as needed. During follow up visits he is attentive and helpful

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I was very impressed with the support I received at WILA. Everyone was very friendly and always had a response for all my questions. The medical staff was amazing to work with as they made me feel comfortable with all my procedures. I highly recommend WILA.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I had the gastric sleeve on 7/31/15 with Dr. Orris. Prior to leaving the surgical center in Tempe, I was provided instructions on how to use the blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor, and the ear temp device. I was informed what to look for and if any of the changes happened that I needed to contact the oncall. The night of my surgery I started to vomit small amounts of blood, I couldn't keep any of the ice chips down. I checked my temp and it spiked up to 102, blood pressure dropped, and heart rate spiked. I contacted the oncall number and within a few minutes the oncall DR called me back. I was informed I needed to go to Tempe St Lukes right away and Dr. G (oncall) would coordinate care to get me admitted. I went to the hospital, they told me they were expecting me and took me back within 15 minutes. I had a scan confirming that Dr. O did an excellent job - I did not have a leak even though I had vomited several times. Dr. G came to the hospital and met with me. He was able to rx me a medication that actually stopped the vomiting. So, after a two night stay in the hospital I was able to go home and finish recovering. The MD at the hospital coordinated my discharge with Dr. G and told me to follow up with Dr. O at my scheduled appt. Dr. O and Dr. G were so awesome. I highly recommend them, as if you are one of the rare patients that ends up having complications - they will coordinate with other medical professionals to get you the care that is needed. I felt cared for during this entire process. I highly recommend WLIA! Just as an FYI, I'm down 45 lbs and I've contacted Mike/Kate (nutrition) and they have always answered my questions. They were very helpful pre and post op. Office staff were amazing to work with as well. I had Tricare and I was nervous about them covering my surgery. They submitted the paperwork and I was approved on the first try. How awesome is that! I couldn't be happier with the service that I was given with WLIA

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Dr. Michael J. Orris's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Banner Health

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am pleased with the service that I received in getting my gastric sleeve. -Jade L."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I'm very pleased so far with the service and I love the staff they are so sweet. Thanks Carla l. Davis"

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is a very knowledgeable and capable doctor. I will recommend him to ANYBODY in this area who needs bariatric surgery. Thanks for everything!"

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Orris did my Gastric Sleeve surgery Nov. 13, 2015. I have been well pleased with his work. My incisions look great. He made sure I was well prepared at home ..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a new patient with WLIAZ. I have had 3 separate appointments with them in preparation for the VSG and have to say they seem to treat me well. I had a littl..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had a gastric sleeve done by Dr. Orris at Wliaz and couldn't be happier. Dr. Orris and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend t..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I chose WLIA due to the excellence of Dr. Orris' staff. Very helpful, keep you on track. Dr. Orris answers your questions and Mike the nutritionist is the bes..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ has been available to answer my questions and help me understand the details of the lap band procedure. The locatio..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with the support I received at WILA. Everyone was very friendly and always had a response for all my questions. The medical staff was amazi..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had the gastric sleeve on 7/31/15 with Dr. Orris. Prior to leaving the surgical center in Tempe, I was provided instructions on how to use the blood pressure ..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barros at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ has been available to answer my questions and help me understand the details of the lap band procedure. The loca..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr. Orris for over a year now, and am very pleased with his practice. He is very laid back and helps explain things to patients. He performed my la..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super friendly and really helpful will assist in the most they can."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor and really friendly staff highly recommended."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Orris for almost 2 years now. He and his staff are some of the most caring and nicest people around. They accommodate me with my ..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm really glad I chose to go with WLIA for my weight loss surgery. Dr. Orris and his team have helped me through every step of the way, even when I started fre..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the gastric sleeve for a month now. I'm pretty pleased so far. going to my first post of appt. today. I can't believe how much better I'm already feeli..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my LapBand surgery in July of 2012. Dr. Orris and the staff at WLIAZ have all been very helpful and supportive during my weight loss journey. Even though..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I had The Lapband done is 2012 with Dr. Orris, the office and staff and especially Dr. Orris were Amazing, they helped to get my procedure covered and went abo..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Michael Orris is a great doctor, wish I could have him for a primary doctor. He very knowledgeable on anything I ask him. He always time with you when neede..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "His staff is amazing. They work hard to make you feel comfortable and taken care of."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris and his staff always work hard to take care of my needs. Dr. Orris is very kind and patient. He never rushes me or make me feel less than human. I wo..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous when I had to have my first EDG after my lap band. Dr. Orris made me feel safe and secure. His bedside manner is very relaxed and he did not mak..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My first appointment with WLIA was in May of 2015. My appointment was in reference to the Lap Band. I will have to say that the entire staff that I came in cont..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Everyone on the WLIA team has been great, I've had nothing but a positive experience so far!"

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone on the WLIAZ team has been great, I've had nothing but a positive experience so far! I am very excited for my procedure and thank the whole team for t..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "this is the place to start the rest of your life! Dr. Orris and his team make the change easy and exciting. "

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met dr orris and he is so nice and his staff I cannot wait to get my surgery done"

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "First time there will know better as things go along. "

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to WLIAZ for approx. 6 months- the staff are kind, patient, and friendly. Dr Orris takes time to explain things in an easy to understand manne..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i have been going to WLIA for overa yr and finally had lap band surgery.. staff and dr orris have been very helpful and patient with me. they are always ready ..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a terrible experience a year ago at a different weight loss center. I am so happy to report how thrilled I am with WLIA and Dr. Orris! My first visit, I..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my original consultation with Dr. Orris for my lapband. He took all the time we needed until I felt comfortable in my understanding of the procedure. He a..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been working with Dr Orris since July 2014. It's now March 2015. My insurance required I do 6 months of nutritional counseling prior to my band surgery..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I started my journey for weight loss surgery in September '14. I was so nervous and unsure of what to expect. Dr. Orris was so helpful and continues to be suppo..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I love this place and Dr. Orris is great! After a friend had surgery through another company that was just horrible to her, she started going to WLIA instead a..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a coworker that went to The Weight Loss Institute of Arizona (WLIA) and had told me great things. I called and got an appointment right away to get in and..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I started my journey in Dec 2014 and have found Dr. Orris and his staff to be nothing but helpful to me. I am very encouraged with all they have told me and hel..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Never been happier, I have no words to explain it."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been an inspiration and so helpful to me as has his entire staff. I have had great success with weight loss so far and will continue with Dr. Oris..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone at WLIA is so helpful and friendly. You receive personal attention at every visit with the dietitian which is very helpful to optimize your weight loss..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris was very friendly when I meet him. He really listens to what you have to say. The whole WILA team is very friendly and courteous! I would recommend th..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been great in explaining the procedure and answering my questions, I had some concerns due to my Diabetes and he explained the effects the procedu..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is very patient and caring. He performed my gallbladder surgery and I was able to return to work within one week. I feel respected and valued when i..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been very patient and he is very knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer your concerns and I never feel rushed on my visits. My surgery is no..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The whole staff at WLIA have truly made my Journey wonderful. The support and encouragement the staff gives is above an beyond. I would highly recommend WILA..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 7 days to surgery and have lost 20 pounds already on the practice diet and pre-surgery plan. There is so much support at WLIA! From the nurses, financial p..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "so far they have been helpful and supportive on my journey."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have decided on getting the lap band. My Dr referred me to WLIA. I faxed over my Dr's referral. they called me back to tell me they would check with my insura..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "From the first phone call to the first consultation I was very impressed with the entire staff. Both Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Orris are fabulous! It is very organ..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been so happy with the Team so far. I'm 48 hours from surgery day and I cannot wait. They have provided me guidance and support all the way. So excite..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Im glad i found WLIAZ the staff is wonderful every time i call they always answer my questions and Dr.Orris is always there to answer all questions and concerns..."

October 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Weight Loss Institute of AZ (WLIA). Every visit has been complete satisfaction. Your office staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forwa..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is very knowledgeable. He is very patient and answers all questions throughly. I've been a patient of his for 3 years. In the beginning there were ..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "The decision to go to WLIA and meet with Dr. Orris and his staff was not always easy but they really work together to help you make an important decision about ..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I began my journey with WLIA in August and feel great about how quickly things are moving as in appointment set ups. At my very first appt I was nervous but hap..."

September 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=449177'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

March 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=449177'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014
  • Specialty changed from &quot;Surgeon (general)&quot; to &quot;Bariatric / Weight Loss&quot;

November 19, 2013