Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Orris

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Orris is a life saver. He helped me to learn to change my lifestyle to achieve my weight loss goal. Him and the staff at his office are very friendly and professional . I would recommend him to anyone needing help to loose weight .

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I've been coming to WLIAZ for the last two years and i couldn't be happier. Everything has been easy peasy. Mike and Dr. Orris have been very reachable and make me feel like I am not just a number. Also, the staff have been so professional and kind. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I was nervous to get the surgery done, but after talking to Dr. Orris he made me feel very comfortable. He was able to answer all of my questions and made it an easy transition. I cant wait until I have my surgery!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I had the lap band procedure done by Dr. Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona. The staff has always been helpful and courteous. They worked with me on billing through a job/insurance change to make sure there would be no surprises. It is true that they won't do the surgery if your BMI is over 55 but that is due to safety reasons and their staff was great about helping me with dieting/exercise to lose the weight I needed to pre-surgery. Surgery went smoothly and recovery was easier than I expected it to be. I would strongly recommend Dr. Orris and staff for your weight loss journey!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Michael J. Orris's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Banner Health

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome Doctor, very personable. He helps you to understand what is really going on with your help. he gives you the tools to succeed the rest is up to you."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is a life saver. He helped me to learn to change my lifestyle to achieve my weight loss goal. Him and the staff at his office are very friendly ..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Very nice and takes the time to explain things. Great staff and several locations makes it easier to get to."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been coming to WLIAZ for the last two years and i couldn't be happier. Everything has been easy peasy. Mike and Dr. Orris have been very reachable and make..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous to get the surgery done, but after talking to Dr. Orris he made me feel very comfortable. He was able to answer all of my questions and made it an..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience. Much easier to work with than any other bariatric doctor or entity I contacted in my search."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. " I had the lap band procedure done by Dr. Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona. The staff has always been helpful and courteous. They worked with me on..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am pleased with the service that I received in getting my gastric sleeve. -Jade L."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I'm very pleased so far with the service and I love the staff they are so sweet. Thanks Carla l. Davis"

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is a very knowledgeable and capable doctor. I will recommend him to ANYBODY in this area who needs bariatric surgery. Thanks for everything!"

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Orris did my Gastric Sleeve surgery Nov. 13, 2015. I have been well pleased with his work. My incisions look great. He made sure I was well prepared at home ..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a new patient with WLIAZ. I have had 3 separate appointments with them in preparation for the VSG and have to say they seem to treat me well. I had a littl..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had a gastric sleeve done by Dr. Orris at Wliaz and couldn't be happier. Dr. Orris and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend t..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I chose WLIA due to the excellence of Dr. Orris' staff. Very helpful, keep you on track. Dr. Orris answers your questions and Mike the nutritionist is the bes..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ has been available to answer my questions and help me understand the details of the lap band procedure. The locatio..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with the support I received at WILA. Everyone was very friendly and always had a response for all my questions. The medical staff was amazi..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had the gastric sleeve on 7/31/15 with Dr. Orris. Prior to leaving the surgical center in Tempe, I was provided instructions on how to use the blood pressure ..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barros at the Weight Loss Institute of AZ has been available to answer my questions and help me understand the details of the lap band procedure. The loca..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr. Orris for over a year now, and am very pleased with his practice. He is very laid back and helps explain things to patients. He performed my la..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super friendly and really helpful will assist in the most they can."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor and really friendly staff highly recommended."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Orris for almost 2 years now. He and his staff are some of the most caring and nicest people around. They accommodate me with my ..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm really glad I chose to go with WLIA for my weight loss surgery. Dr. Orris and his team have helped me through every step of the way, even when I started fre..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the gastric sleeve for a month now. I'm pretty pleased so far. going to my first post of appt. today. I can't believe how much better I'm already feeli..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my LapBand surgery in July of 2012. Dr. Orris and the staff at WLIAZ have all been very helpful and supportive during my weight loss journey. Even though..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I had The Lapband done is 2012 with Dr. Orris, the office and staff and especially Dr. Orris were Amazing, they helped to get my procedure covered and went abo..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Michael Orris is a great doctor, wish I could have him for a primary doctor. He very knowledgeable on anything I ask him. He always time with you when neede..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "His staff is amazing. They work hard to make you feel comfortable and taken care of."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris and his staff always work hard to take care of my needs. Dr. Orris is very kind and patient. He never rushes me or make me feel less than human. I wo..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous when I had to have my first EDG after my lap band. Dr. Orris made me feel safe and secure. His bedside manner is very relaxed and he did not mak..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My first appointment with WLIA was in May of 2015. My appointment was in reference to the Lap Band. I will have to say that the entire staff that I came in cont..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Everyone on the WLIA team has been great, I've had nothing but a positive experience so far!"

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone on the WLIAZ team has been great, I've had nothing but a positive experience so far! I am very excited for my procedure and thank the whole team for t..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "this is the place to start the rest of your life! Dr. Orris and his team make the change easy and exciting. "

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met dr orris and he is so nice and his staff I cannot wait to get my surgery done"

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "First time there will know better as things go along. "

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to WLIAZ for approx. 6 months- the staff are kind, patient, and friendly. Dr Orris takes time to explain things in an easy to understand manne..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i have been going to WLIA for overa yr and finally had lap band surgery.. staff and dr orris have been very helpful and patient with me. they are always ready ..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a terrible experience a year ago at a different weight loss center. I am so happy to report how thrilled I am with WLIA and Dr. Orris! My first visit, I..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my original consultation with Dr. Orris for my lapband. He took all the time we needed until I felt comfortable in my understanding of the procedure. He a..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been working with Dr Orris since July 2014. It's now March 2015. My insurance required I do 6 months of nutritional counseling prior to my band surgery..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I started my journey for weight loss surgery in September '14. I was so nervous and unsure of what to expect. Dr. Orris was so helpful and continues to be suppo..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I love this place and Dr. Orris is great! After a friend had surgery through another company that was just horrible to her, she started going to WLIA instead a..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a coworker that went to The Weight Loss Institute of Arizona (WLIA) and had told me great things. I called and got an appointment right away to get in and..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I started my journey in Dec 2014 and have found Dr. Orris and his staff to be nothing but helpful to me. I am very encouraged with all they have told me and hel..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Never been happier, I have no words to explain it."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been an inspiration and so helpful to me as has his entire staff. I have had great success with weight loss so far and will continue with Dr. Oris..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone at WLIA is so helpful and friendly. You receive personal attention at every visit with the dietitian which is very helpful to optimize your weight loss..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris was very friendly when I meet him. He really listens to what you have to say. The whole WILA team is very friendly and courteous! I would recommend th..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been great in explaining the procedure and answering my questions, I had some concerns due to my Diabetes and he explained the effects the procedu..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is very patient and caring. He performed my gallbladder surgery and I was able to return to work within one week. I feel respected and valued when i..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris has been very patient and he is very knowledgeable. He takes the time to answer your concerns and I never feel rushed on my visits. My surgery is no..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The whole staff at WLIA have truly made my Journey wonderful. The support and encouragement the staff gives is above an beyond. I would highly recommend WILA..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 7 days to surgery and have lost 20 pounds already on the practice diet and pre-surgery plan. There is so much support at WLIA! From the nurses, financial p..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "so far they have been helpful and supportive on my journey."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have decided on getting the lap band. My Dr referred me to WLIA. I faxed over my Dr's referral. they called me back to tell me they would check with my insura..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "From the first phone call to the first consultation I was very impressed with the entire staff. Both Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Orris are fabulous! It is very organ..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been so happy with the Team so far. I'm 48 hours from surgery day and I cannot wait. They have provided me guidance and support all the way. So excite..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Im glad i found WLIAZ the staff is wonderful every time i call they always answer my questions and Dr.Orris is always there to answer all questions and concerns..."

October 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Weight Loss Institute of AZ (WLIA). Every visit has been complete satisfaction. Your office staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forwa..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Orris is very knowledgeable. He is very patient and answers all questions throughly. I've been a patient of his for 3 years. In the beginning there were ..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "The decision to go to WLIA and meet with Dr. Orris and his staff was not always easy but they really work together to help you make an important decision about ..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I began my journey with WLIA in August and feel great about how quickly things are moving as in appointment set ups. At my very first appt I was nervous but hap..."

September 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=449177'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

March 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=449177'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014
  • Specialty changed from &quot;Surgeon (general)&quot; to &quot;Bariatric / Weight Loss&quot;

November 19, 2013