Ratings for Dr. Paul W. Soiya

Dr Soiya is very knowledgeable, but he has let his practice slip into a "who cares" type of place. The normal wait to see him is 1+ hours. For years his front desk receptionist, Joyce is just terrible in every aspect you can think of. Unfortunately, I had to leave because the practice has gone downhill and they don't have your best interest at all.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr Soiya is a great doctor. He spends alot of time with you, but he also keeps you waiting sometimes up to 1.5 hrs. His staff is great my prescription are called in on time and fast, I get called back the same day. The front office person is wonderful always helpful. I have no problems getting in when I'm sick I might have to wait until the next day, but have found no problems with that.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Soiya is fantastic! He is extremely caring and sincere. I agree with the other comments regarding the staff. They rarely answer the phone or return phone calls in a timely manner (if at all). As someone mentioned, I also have had to drive to the office just to try and communcate with someone there. As far as paperwork being filled out correctly, the staff can't do that either. I know others who go to Dr. Soiya and we all can barely tolerate the front office people because of their ineptness and unprofessionalism. There is one in particular there that is completely rude and incompetent but you have to deal with her to see the doctor. Dr Soiya is wonderful - does he even know that his staff is driving his patients away? Be prepared to wait, but Dr. Soiya is worth it. Be ready to deal with an unbelievable and frustrating staff.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

We have been with Dr Soiya for over 10 years and he's a terrific doctor. Unfortunately we must find another doctor because of his horrible front office staff. They won't answer the phone and won't return messages. We have been forced to drive to the office just to communicate. Insurance claims are mishandled and coded incorrectly resulting in months of frustration, unreturned calls and numerous trips to the office to get them corrected. If we get sick and need to see him without a previously scheduled appointment she tells us to go to the emergency room so we can really only get in for regularly scheduled appointments. I really want to stay with this doctor but can't take the abuse from his staff any longer.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Soiya is the best doctor that I have ever been to see. Yes, he runs late, but once you see him, he gives you all the time in the world and truly cares. He asks questions, discusses everything in as much detail as you'd like, and he never rushes you. I am so glad to have found him! The staff is a bit scattered and I have had issues with having calls to them returned in a timely manner. They also aren't the best at follow up. Dr. Soiya is wonderful though!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Probably the best internal mrdicine doctor around. You do have to wait but he will give you lots of time to talk to him. This makes up for the wait. He diagnosed my husband awhile back and probably saved his life. I give him a 10.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Fantastic doctor for Stay-at-home-moms & retirees but I hesitate recommending him to my executive husband who has very limited time. I strongly recommend a glass wall between waiting room & office, when I walked in the front staff were chatting about non-medical gossip and I stood in front of them waiting until their conversation ended, more than several minutes. staff were overly loud and unprofessional. I guess they knew there was no hurry as the doctor was running 1.5 hours late. Looking at these reviews that is typical. HOWEVER, he was VERY worth the wait! Attentive, knowledgeable, & accurate Dr. He encouraged me to take a cell call during my visit as it was him that made me late. He spent at least 50 minutes with me on my first visit. WOW

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I have NO problem with a physician who is late with our visit,when he is as outstanding as Dr. Soiya. The staff in the office was the same. I am glad to be welcomed as a new patient of Dr. Soiya and staff. Many thanks I send.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Dr. Soiya is an excellent compassionate physician but his office staff is totally incompetent and lack both organization skills and tact. Why he continues to put up with this is beyond me. I will not continue in this practice.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

Being new to the area i was referred to Dr. Soiya. I've never had a Dr spend as much time talking with me like him. I think he's a good Dr. but i had to quit going to him due to his staff. The first time i went there no one acknowledge that i was even there, even one of there business neighbors came in and said " you have a patient waiting" a lady looked at me and left, i was there for over a hour(should have been a hint for me) also called in for a prescription that i needed and they never sent it (twice)Great Dr terrible staff

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Paul W. Soiya's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1984)

Secure Horizons