Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Patton

We visited Dr. Patton looking to establish a pediatrician for our 3 month old son. The office and staff were good, attentive and helpful. However, the doctor came off a little arrogant. We are first time parents so we have many questions, i.e. When to start our baby on solids? What the bumps on his face could be from? Was he teething? The doctor made us feel somewhat stupid for making these questions. He didn't explain to us reasoning behind his answers, he simply repeated the same sentence over and over. It honestly seemed like he wasn't happy to be there. We asked if our son could be teething because he had been more fussy than usual and without checking my son's gums, he simply said -"no, it's a bit too early, that doesn't happen until 6-8 months." (I am writing this review 4 days later and my baby's first two bottom teeth are now visible.) This doctor just seems to stick to a 'one size fits all' practice. Very traditional and it's simply not what we're looking for. We want a doctor who can think outside the box and seems genuinely happy and excited to be there.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I eventually stopped taking my kids to see Dr. Patton. He was unable to diagnose too many things that other doctors easily diagnosed on the first visit.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

Dr. Robert L. Patton's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1978)