Ratings for Dr. Donald A. Opila

All I can say is : Stay away. This doctor has been treating my parents. I recently obtained power of attorney to get this callous, self-centered, ego maniac away from them. He has had my mother doped up on Oxycontin for years now for no reason. He knows that my father has dementia and cancer and hasn't done a single thing to address either condition. This man is dangerous. My recommendation is to avoid him at all cost.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I heard good reviews & became a patient of Dr.Opila for over a year and he didn't know what to do with me,sat there scratching his head & said "well you had exsentive testing ,and I don't see anything,you have disability -what else do you want"!!-HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ONE OF YOUR PATIENTS!!he treated me like a drug addict from then on. I had to find another Dr. because I knew something was seriously wrong ,regardless what he told me- and ThankGod i found a Dr. Who cared & listened and saved my Life!I was literely dying!Just want to sAY not everyone is the same & doctors today treat too many patients the same as others .Shame on You!Dr.Opla

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Not pleasant when my mother was dying. She was a patient of his for years.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Good listener and very knowledgeable. Highly respected by other doctors in the area. Makes hospital calls. Genuinely interested in me as a patient.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I took my patient to Dr. Opila who would just kept treating her for a chronic bladder infection and would not order a CT scan. She had a fistula that poured feces into her bladder - almost died. She also had shingles; he dramically increased her cortisone med. and she was a wreck, nor did he do much for the pain. We switched physicians.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

I saw a few other internists that did not listen to my problems or conerns. Finally I found Dr. Opila and he is a great Dr. who is very knowledgeable about many different areas (although we have differing ideas on my thyroid problems) and he takes the time to listen and try to get to the bottom of the problem. The staff is super friendly and helpful and always accomodating. I would rank Dr. Opila and his staff at the top.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Dr. Donald A. Opila's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1979)