You may also like

Had to wait a week and half for appt. Was lucky there was a cancellation. Appt was for 9am and was told to take a seat. Waited in the waiting room for 20mins. Assistant staff was very friendly. Doctor came in right away and was very friendly with my daughter. He asked about her history and explained they will do a larger scale of testing including a environmentmental test as she does have allergies. Waiting 10 minutes for and the assistant came back. She was great, back within 10 mins and measured all reactions.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

Had to wait over one year to waste a further 30 min in his office. He wouldn't even listen to all my symptoms to diagnose me. Didn't even know the side effects of a common brand name anti histamine. I would certainly except any allergy doctor to know this. Reading most of these negative reviews describes my encounter with him perfectly. Unfortunately, the state of the health system in Alberta only further encourages these unpleasant and horrendous specialists.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

That is a half an hour of my life that was wasted. The staff were very friendly and I didn't even have to wait BUT I find their testing method very inadequate. I honestly don't even think the instrument they used even broke my skin at all. I would have preferred a scratch test. Seems funny that I reacted to absolutely nothing from their so called test even though I reacted when tested years ago. It was a waste of $40 and a waste of waiting over a year to see him. Totally disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Terrible.... Just terrible.. He was nice enough and the hospital got us in within 3 days.. so no long wait to see him. However, he tested for the things that we ALREADY KNEW my husband was allergic too!!!.. What a waste of time and money!.. My husband was getting severe reactions to something other than fish and nuts but that's all he tested for. Upset to say the least.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Had an excellent first visit experience today. Arrived 10 minutes early and was taken in right away. Doctor went over my medical/prescription history, past allergic episodes, and even family history. After the in-depth initial consultation, the nurse came in a administered the allergy tests. After 10 minutes, nurse returned to document test results. A few minutres after that, the doctor came in, reviewed my test results and answered all my questions and concerns. Overall a very positive and friendly experience. Yes it took approx 8 months to get in but that's just the nature of the Canadian health care system.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Not sure what people are going nuts about. Nice guy, decent staff. His receptionist is a bit cold, but she was polite, quick and efficient. Seems he runs a really good practice as I came early, got in early and got out quick. The tests went fine and the lady administering the tests was really polite and answered all my questions. The only thing I do not recommend is that he has a roughly 1 year wait. I got in because there was a cancellation otherwise its ridiculous how busy this guy is.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

How in the world can this kind and gentle doctor be called arrogant?? I seriously don't get it! He is such a nice guy. We had a great experience there yesterday and plan to go back if we ever have any issues. I am guessing most people are happy with him and people who just like to complain about every little thing, have bad comments on here. Maybe the complainers just don't come across as very friendly themselves, so what do they expect??? I can absolutely recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Saw Dr. Joel after being kept waiting almost a full year. His tech has some kind of new way to testing rather than the traditional scratch testing for allergies. His techs (both) were completely inept at running these tests, not matching the allergens with the pin prick patterns. The tiny bottles of allergens were 80% EMPTY!! So, on my arms, I only got about 3 wet spots )of allergen samples) where there should have been over 30. This happened TWICE!!. Then Dr. Joel came in. RUDE, didn't introduce himself, so I thought he was a 3r tech, until he said he studied the results and I am allergic to NOTHING. WRONG, I have anaphylaxis from seafood, penicillin, and adhesives. I said the test wasn't done properly and he argued his testing method was the "Gold Standard" of allergy tests. I told him it was BOGUS, and I'd trust a scratch test over what his techs did, and that I did NOT believe ANY of his results and walked out. What a WASTE, being kept waiting for that kind of apathetic garbage. I DON'T RECOMMEND HIM

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I'm so surprised at all the negative comments! We had a fantastic experience (expect for finding out that my daughter does indeed have a nut allergy). We didn't even sit down in the waiting room - we were taken straight in. Everybody was so kind. Dr. Doctor was patient with my toddler, listened thoroughly to me and answered all my questions. We have a follow up plan and I truly feel like we received excellent care today.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Joel Doctor's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait a week and half for appt. Was lucky there was a cancellation. Appt was for 9am and was told to take a seat. Waited in the waiting room for 20mins...."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor knew right away what I was allergic too. He runs a tight shil and is very efficient did not have to wait long in the waiting room."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait over one year to waste a further 30 min in his office. He wouldn't even listen to all my symptoms to diagnose me. Didn't even know the side effects ..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "That is a half an hour of my life that was wasted. The staff were very friendly and I didn't even have to wait BUT I find their testing method very inadequate. ..."

August 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible.... Just terrible.. He was nice enough and the hospital got us in within 3 days.. so no long wait to see him. However, he tested for the things that w..."

July 28, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://panatelladental.com/" to "". Postal Code has been updated from "T3K 0S6" to "". Address has been updated from "1110 Panatella Blvd. N.W" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "14032264788" to "".

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an excellent first visit experience today. Arrived 10 minutes early and was taken in right away. Doctor went over my medical/prescription history, past alle..."

June 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://panatelladental.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3K 0S6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1110 Panatella Blvd. N.W". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032264788".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Not sure what people are going nuts about. Nice guy, decent staff. His receptionist is a bit cold, but she was polite, quick and efficient. Seems he runs a real..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "How in the world can this kind and gentle doctor be called arrogant?? I seriously don't get it! He is such a nice guy. We had a great experience there yesterday..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Joel after being kept waiting almost a full year. His tech has some kind of new way to testing rather than the traditional scratch testing for allergies..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm so surprised at all the negative comments! We had a fantastic experience (expect for finding out that my daughter does indeed have a nut allergy). We didn..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I took my 18 month old toddler because he has peanut's allergy. I've work in the medical field several years, I haven't met before a professional with such a b..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Have been seeing Dr. Doctor for 12 years and recently requested a referral to a different Immunologist in Calgary. While he is knowledgeable, he is not overly h..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The front desk lady was not very polite at all. As for Dr Doctor, he told us that my daughter had a very mild peanut allergy and not to worry about it when it t..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I seen Dr. Doctor today. I was very nervous as the reviews weren't that great. I have to say he was so nice. He took his time. Listened to me and found a plan t..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Your time and money could be better spent than to waste it waiting 1-2 years to be seen and spending $40 on a skin prick test. Does not listen and is arrogant. ..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "The office staff is friendly and the clinic maintains a very punctual schedule. While I do not doubt Dr. Joel Doctor's expertise in his field, be forewarned th..."

December 4, 2014