Ratings for Dr. Joel Doctor

Perhaps Dr Doctor is better informed by now. But when I saw him he was unaware that onions can cause severe rash and hives that require prednisone to knock it out of my body. After waiting to see him for one year he did a skin test for some foods. but not for onions. Because he said no one is allergic to onions. I reacted mildly to a few but he would not tell me which ones they were because they were mild. It was a complete waste of time to see him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I saw Dr. Doctor for just over 4 years. He and his staff were always professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. My condition and treatment were explained clearly to me. My appointments always started on time and were easily made for times that were convenient to me. I highly recommend Dr. Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

We went to see Dr.Doctor on referral. He's an amazing doctor that was engaging and knowledgeable for my daughter's allergic rxn, diagnosed and action plan. Not sure who needs thei hand held to see a specialist. I'd recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Doctor after 8 months of angeo edeema attacks & several hospitalizations. This doctor determined that I had a rare blood condition and is the only one who has ever returned my urgent calls. He was awesome. After I had to discontinue the medication he prescribed, the attacks began immediately. He insisted that I go to the Foothills & from there he had me treated for a rare blood condition. After 8 frustrating months he acted immediately & got me the right treatment. He was the only doctor to pick up on my rare condition. His immediate action saved me.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

My son was tested by Dr. Doctor 2 years ago when he was 10 months old. He has a peanut allergy. At the appointment, Dr. Doctor told us we were to come back for a follow-up to retest the peanut allergy and test for other nuts when our son was 3 years old. He specifically told us to call the office 1 month prior to our son's 3rd birthday and to let the receptionist know that we were following up for retesting as per the Dr's request and that we would not have to wait for an appointment. My son turns 3 next month and I just got off the phone with the receptionist who informed me that we have to go back to our family doctor for a referral and then will be put back on the office cancellation list to wait for our appointment. I remember very well what Dr. Doctor told us, and if we were to have to waste time to get a referral and be wait listed again, I would have set the calendar reminder for 1 year earlier to make it in time for my son's 3rd birthday. I realize that Dr. Doctor has a busy schedule, but my family does too and I appreciate accurate information and follow-up as promised.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I just came home from my appointment (I live kind of far away from Calgary) and it was great. I was so worried going in there because of all the negative comments, but he's really nice. I was taken in right away (the receptionist was very nice by the way) and the whole office had a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. The Doctor came in first to ask some background information. Then the nurse came in and the test was done quickly and was painless. Then the Doctor came back in and explained the results. He explained everything in detail. Fortunately, I probably don't have any allergies and can get rid of my epi-pen after a year. The Doctor is a very knowledgeable, comfortable, and friendly man and I would definitely recommend him to anyone. I walked out of that place sighing with relief.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I waited a year to get in to see this guy and he did a good job of explaining the allergy testing process. However, my symptoms don't line up with the test results which he didn't seem to want to discuss. A 5 minute test vs. 10 years of symptoms is worth a discussion in my mind. After waiting a year to see him I felt like he rushed me out of his office and I left with no more information than I went in with. Maybe that's not his fault, maybe there's nothing more to say, but I think he could've done a better job of listening. If the severe allergic reaction isn't from the mild allergy he tested for, obviously the severe allergic reaction is being caused by something else.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I took my son yesterday and it was fast, efficient and very helpful. We now know which allergies to teach and a course of action was recommended. The staff and doctor were very pleasant. Years ago I came for myself and did not have a very good experience so I think they have changed the atmosphere in the office quite a bit.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Very prompt, polite, and efficient. The Doctor and his nurse were excellent at explaining what they were doing and the results of the testing.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Doctor is great..not sure what all the bad reviews are about. He answered all of my questions and the lady administering the test was very nice as well. As far as allergies are concerned, I left with the answers I needed. Thank you Dr. Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016