You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Joel Doctor

I took my son yesterday and it was fast, efficient and very helpful. We now know which allergies to teach and a course of action was recommended. The staff and doctor were very pleasant. Years ago I came for myself and did not have a very good experience so I think they have changed the atmosphere in the office quite a bit.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Doctor is great..not sure what all the bad reviews are about. He answered all of my questions and the lady administering the test was very nice as well. As far as allergies are concerned, I left with the answers I needed. Thank you Dr. Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

What a horrible waste of time. I took my son in to see Dr. Doctor for allergy testing. The put a grid of items on his back to test. I was quite excited to see that there were some that reacted and some that didn't -- finally some answers. Nope. I asked which one is eggs? which on is peanuts? "Oh we didn't test those" What!!! He then procceded to test for eggs & peanuts - both positive allergies. However by the time he did those tests, the other results faded - so no answers there. Other that avoid the allergen he has no answers to reduce the sensitivities or allergies. So very disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Great Dr. I went to see him about myself, I told him about my son and he was able to get him in right away. He's always very punctual and friendly! We had a great experience here!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Had to wait a week and half for appt. Was lucky there was a cancellation. Appt was for 9am and was told to take a seat. Waited in the waiting room for 20mins. Assistant staff was very friendly. Doctor came in right away and was very friendly with my daughter. He asked about her history and explained they will do a larger scale of testing including a environmentmental test as she does have allergies. Waiting 10 minutes for and the assistant came back. She was great, back within 10 mins and measured all reactions.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

Had to wait over one year to waste a further 30 min in his office. He wouldn't even listen to all my symptoms to diagnose me. Didn't even know the side effects of a common brand name anti histamine. I would certainly except any allergy doctor to know this. Reading most of these negative reviews describes my encounter with him perfectly. Unfortunately, the state of the health system in Alberta only further encourages these unpleasant and horrendous specialists.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

That is a half an hour of my life that was wasted. The staff were very friendly and I didn't even have to wait BUT I find their testing method very inadequate. I honestly don't even think the instrument they used even broke my skin at all. I would have preferred a scratch test. Seems funny that I reacted to absolutely nothing from their so called test even though I reacted when tested years ago. It was a waste of $40 and a waste of waiting over a year to see him. Totally disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Terrible.... Just terrible.. He was nice enough and the hospital got us in within 3 days.. so no long wait to see him. However, he tested for the things that we ALREADY KNEW my husband was allergic too!!!.. What a waste of time and money!.. My husband was getting severe reactions to something other than fish and nuts but that's all he tested for. Upset to say the least.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Joel Doctor's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took my son yesterday and it was fast, efficient and very helpful. We now know which allergies to teach and a course of action was recommended. The staff and ..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very prompt, polite, and efficient. The Doctor and his nurse were excellent at explaining what they were doing and the results of the testing. "

April 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Doctor is great..not sure what all the bad reviews are about. He answered all of my questions and the lady administering the test was very nice as well. As ..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible waste of time. I took my son in to see Dr. Doctor for allergy testing. The put a grid of items on his back to test. I was quite excited to se..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr. I went to see him about myself, I told him about my son and he was able to get him in right away. He's always very punctual and friendly! We had a ..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait a week and half for appt. Was lucky there was a cancellation. Appt was for 9am and was told to take a seat. Waited in the waiting room for 20mins...."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor knew right away what I was allergic too. He runs a tight shil and is very efficient did not have to wait long in the waiting room."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait over one year to waste a further 30 min in his office. He wouldn't even listen to all my symptoms to diagnose me. Didn't even know the side effects ..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "That is a half an hour of my life that was wasted. The staff were very friendly and I didn't even have to wait BUT I find their testing method very inadequate. ..."

August 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible.... Just terrible.. He was nice enough and the hospital got us in within 3 days.. so no long wait to see him. However, he tested for the things that w..."

July 28, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://panatelladental.com/" to "". Postal Code has been updated from "T3K 0S6" to "". Address has been updated from "1110 Panatella Blvd. N.W" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "14032264788" to "".

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an excellent first visit experience today. Arrived 10 minutes early and was taken in right away. Doctor went over my medical/prescription history, past alle..."

June 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://panatelladental.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3K 0S6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1110 Panatella Blvd. N.W". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032264788".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Not sure what people are going nuts about. Nice guy, decent staff. His receptionist is a bit cold, but she was polite, quick and efficient. Seems he runs a real..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "How in the world can this kind and gentle doctor be called arrogant?? I seriously don't get it! He is such a nice guy. We had a great experience there yesterday..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Joel after being kept waiting almost a full year. His tech has some kind of new way to testing rather than the traditional scratch testing for allergies..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm so surprised at all the negative comments! We had a fantastic experience (expect for finding out that my daughter does indeed have a nut allergy). We didn..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I took my 18 month old toddler because he has peanut's allergy. I've work in the medical field several years, I haven't met before a professional with such a b..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Have been seeing Dr. Doctor for 12 years and recently requested a referral to a different Immunologist in Calgary. While he is knowledgeable, he is not overly h..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The front desk lady was not very polite at all. As for Dr Doctor, he told us that my daughter had a very mild peanut allergy and not to worry about it when it t..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I seen Dr. Doctor today. I was very nervous as the reviews weren't that great. I have to say he was so nice. He took his time. Listened to me and found a plan t..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Your time and money could be better spent than to waste it waiting 1-2 years to be seen and spending $40 on a skin prick test. Does not listen and is arrogant. ..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "The office staff is friendly and the clinic maintains a very punctual schedule. While I do not doubt Dr. Joel Doctor's expertise in his field, be forewarned th..."

December 4, 2014