Ratings for Dr. Vincent P. Fortunato

This doctor and his staff are awful. He will never look you in the eye and is consistently looking at the floor while talking to you. The staff are not friendly but rude and treat you like you're an inconvenience. They cancel appointments merely hours before you are scheduled and get an attitude about rescheduling. To refill perscriptions is a nightmare with their office. He makes false accussations based on a small knowledge of a patient's living habits. Just because they live alone they must be depressed and have a drinking problem. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Everyone i've talked with at St. Anthony's says the same.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

The hardest working dr. I've ever been lucky enough to have. Knowledgable, easy to talk to. If he has to refer me to specialist they're the best you can want. Returns non emergency calls in the evening so that you're not tied to the phone all day waiting for him to call. When my mom was in a nursing home and we had to find a new dr.for her. He was the only dr. I found that went to see her. When we needed to change PCPs I didn't have to look any further. Sometimes you have to wait 45 minutes in the waiting room because he takes the extra time for patients when they need more from him. That's okay because when I need that extra time, I get it.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Dr. Fortunato makes you feel comfortable and free to ask questions. He returns all my calls himself, instead of having his staff do it.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Very good and caring doctor. No problems renewing medications, good sense of humor. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Well my husband and I have been seeing him for about a month are so we are not happy.First we had blood drawn and it was never picked up they said it was Quest fault. We where very understanding with that and went back and gave more blood. We got our results back threw the mail everything is there but my thyroid test I called about it because I have thyroid problems and guess what I am stillwaiting for a phone call .I have called 3 times no phone call .I wish I would have looked at the lab form better because I do not think the box was marked after I asked to make sure it was marked because I am not feeling well. I think thats why I am not getting a phone call back because my husbands is on is lab report but mine is not .I think I am going to be looking for a new doctor yet again.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

He's a good man. He cares about his patients and their families. Hard worker!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

I had visited him several times over a couple years and was not particularly impressed with all the drug rep garbage in his waiting room. I called for some nausea/vomiting issue one time and I asked they call something in to my pharmacy. I never heard back from them and assumed he was not willing to help if he wasn't getting a copay, even though any other doctor does this for regular patients. I changed dr's.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Fortunato is very knowledgable and takes the time to listen. Visits are always pleasant. Dr. Fortunato is always on time.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. Fortunato seemed very patient oriented and knowledgeable. He was only about 5-6 minutes behind schedule. He took all the time I needed to ask questions and he gave easy to understand responses to my questions. It is my opinion that you will find this doctor to be a thourough and compassionate person.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

Dr. Vincent P. Fortunato's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)