Ratings for Dr. Walter J. Exon

Dr. Exon has taken care of me for almost my entire life. One of the most qualified and caring doctors. Feel very lucky to be in his care.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

When my daughter kept me up night after night with colic, Dr. Exon gave me a treatment that saved the day and my sanity. When my son would wake up in the night screaming, Dr. Exon again was able to diagnose and treat something that no one else caught. And, he listened to mom and gleaned insight from my insight telling me, "you are the mom and what you sense is vital to my understanding of what is going on too". We are big Dr. Exon fans at our house and the kids kept going to him as long as they could until they were fully adults and made the switch.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr. Walter Exon was the only Physician in Oklahoma who successfully diagnosed my son and my self. You do not want to have ADHD in Western Oklahoma or even West of Tulsa. Keeping up with the changes in a Young Man going from 14 through 17, all the physical and mental changes and to keep everything balanced in him is uncanny. Yes, I had to wait 3 minutes once, nothing like western Oklahoma where the average wait time is 2.5 hours unless your doctor just came to town. Dr. Exon also works Fridays past 5? Unheard of today. Dr. Exon was also able in one session to diagnose the exact stage of my adult ADHD. After going 4 years untreated in on session he nailed exactly what I needed, two weeks later I was balanced and have been for the last 3 years. My life has turned completely around compared to how I was living(surviving) in western Oklahoma. Thank-you Dr. Exon for giving me my life back and for giving my son a fighting change in this world. He was a D student. 1 Semester 4 A's, 2 B's.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Walter Exon's level of unprofessionalism was both shocking and distressing. I have never been treated so poorly and with such disrespect by a doctor in my life. Both he and his staff were cold, rude and made me feel very uncomfortable; I left his office in tears, feeling that I had been manipulated and bullied into a treatment I didn't agree with. He took advantage of the fact that I was very sick and tried to sign me up for treatments that would cost me far more in time and money than I, as a student, could afford. A doctor should be someone the patient can trust, Walter Exon, unfortunately, is not. I would never return to see this man and would highly dissuade anyone else from seeing him either.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

We've used Utica Park for 20 yrs for our kids. We love Dr. Exon. He was fantastic when they were newborns and even better now that the youngest is almost 18. She asked if he would be her doctor always.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

I took my 16 yr old to Dr Exon and found him friendly, professional and very knowledgable. He has first hand family knowledge of what her problem was, and he also has psychiatry as a sub-specialty interest (I think that was how he phrased it), which was very helpful for another issue my daughter had. She and I were both concerned about seeing a pediatrician (she hadn't been to one since age 10), but he treated her like the practically grown person she is, especially by not directing questions to Mom, or looking to Mom to see if she agreed to what daughter had said. We are both very happy with him and recommend him for older kids. We will definintely return and definitely recommend him to our friends and on-line groups.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

I took my younger brother to him for some problems he'd been having. Dr. Exon didn't really seem to care and wasn't all that compassionate. Not somebody I'd really recommend taking my kid to on a daily basis.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. Exon is great for well-baby/child checkups, but when I have taken my kids to him for illness in the past, I generally get told we have to tough it out. He almost never gives antibiotics or any meds to relieve sysmptoms. For this reason, I take my kids to our family dr. when they are sick. His bedside manner has improved over the last 9 yrs, but that Donald Duck voice is annoying to both parent and child-besides, most kids don't even know who Donald Duck is anymore.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

they keep space open for sick kids which is a plus in my book

flag | Submitted October 11, 2006

Dr. Exon put my child at ease about being in a doctors office. He diagnosed my child's condition by talking to her and asking me to elaborate. She told me later that it made her feel important. i like his bedside manner and will definately go back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2005

Dr. Walter J. Exon's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1973)