Ratings for Dr. Ivor Basker

He's retiring and I am going to miss him terribly. He's been my doctor for 17 years. He sends you to specialists when required. He is also my son's doctor and was great when he needed emergency surgery.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I been with him 14years .always recommends me to specialist when needed...I have hep c ...in the next few months I know if I am cured....referred to doctor Worbetiz .....I would never change .....he has always been honest with me

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Excellent, punctual and easy to communicate with. I have seen him for years and he has been consistently reliable. He has called me on a weekend with test results. Very pleasant

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Terrible family doctor! My dad has seen this doctor for years. In October he started loosing weight drastically. He is also diabetes. Finally after being taken to emergency this week, my dad was told he has several cancerous tumors. All this time this doctor has told us he will be just fine, and never ordered a blood test of any kind......... BEWARE !!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I had gone to this doctor a few times for legitimate reasons. I went to him because I was injured at work. I was told by his secretary that he wouldn't see me. Apparently, he does this to a lot of people. I asked for an explanation and said that there wasn't one stated on the computer. Therefore, I had to go to walk in somewhere else because he wouldn't see me. Apparently it is okay to treat people this way.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Baskers for over ten years. I find him to be friendly, knowledgeable, punctual and helpful. He has referred me to specialists, agreed to preventative testing I requested and listened to and responded to my concerns. I have no complaints and do recommend him to family/ friends. People ask me why I do not have a female doctor (I am a woman) and I respond that it's not necessary, I am never uncomfortable with him and he is confident in treating me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Moved to the city 3 years ago and became Dr Baskers patient. Quick and thorough and shows genuine interest. I'm not there to visit and neither is he.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Genuinely concerned and interested in my total well being. Wait times are short.Responds to phone calls. Doesn't hesitate to make referrals to Specialists.Am happy to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

My Father is a patient with the firm and has been ill for a while. It seems this Dr. Basker doesn't want to find out what is wrong with him. He can't even keep up with my fathers in hospital care, in fact didn't even know that he had been in there for some time. I am not impressed with this Dr. at all. When my family had Dr. N. Doig there were never any issues at all, even when my mother had got sick he was always there and the best of care. This Dr. Basker was not on top of things at all with my fathers care and if the health care system is that bad and all they can do is have you in and out like it seems from reading they other rating on this Dr. Basker I am wondering if he will let my dad get so bad that he dies too from the lack of care and medical attention from this so called Dr. Basker. God help all his patients in this firm. All I can say is he better find out and treat the problems my father has if he doesn't and something happens and he should die I will do a law suit.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010