Ratings for Dr. Jeffery A. Rochlen

I've been going to Dr. Rochlen for myself, my daughter, me son for 4 years. He does dictate notes while going between rooms, but no names are mentioned - so it doesn't bother me. He once returned to the room after our appointment was over to tell me he loved listening to me comfort my daughter after she got her immunizations and that I was doing a great job. It meant a lot to me as a new mom. I have found that he is easy to work with, and he has on multiple occasions been willing to listen to my concerns and vary from the normal course of treatment to suit our needs. No doctor is right for everyone, and I don't agree with any doctor 100% on anything, but I find him to be knowledgable, efficient, friendly, and sympathetic.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I was looking for a pediatrician for my child and visited this office twice before deciding to never come back. The staff at the counter was polite. The office was close to home. Dr Rochlen was a nightmare to have to deal with tho. The first time i went I felt rushed from the second he walked in the room until just a few short minutes later when he was backing himself 3/4 out the door while I was still voicing health concerns. I had 3 questions for the entire visit and I was barely allowed one of them. On the second visit he was just as visibly agitated with every minute that passed while he was in the room. He showed off his egocentric attitude and arrogance. He actually stood closer to me and raised his voice to argue with me at one point when i asked for more information on a simple health question. Not only did he make us feel unwanted in his office, but he dictated our entire visits loudly in the hallway for everyone to hear. AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

My husband and I have taken our son to him for 3 years. All the negative comments about him on this site are true, so rather then repeat them all I will just add to them. Every time I brought my sick son in to see him he would say bring him back in a week. So eventually I would wait a week to 10 days before I would even think about going to see him so as not to waste my time. But even then he would do or prescribe nothing and ask us to come back in 7 days if not better. We once went 4 month with a sinus infection that he would not provide antibiotic for until I broke down and took him to the emergency room. He really doesn't listen to you. Today we found a new primary care doctor and I could not be happier.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

During my short interaction with Dr. Rochlen, he has revealed himself as an arrogant individual of questionable integrity - forcing me into unwanted tests, medication while not adressing any of my concerns. NOT RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

I felt he made his decisions with in the first two minutes of looking through my chart and whatever I said was completely tuned out. Gave his office about 5 tries, and got tired of being treated like I was at an Urgent Care clinic. The lab is nice. The new office is nice. If I had just routine medical stuff that I would only have to see him twice a year, I'd probably still be going. Yeah, not a huge fan of him loudly dictating patient charting while in the hall way. Isn't horrific, isn't the best.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

A lot about Dr Rochlen rubbed me the wrong way. He is not compassionate and was very flippant about my concerns. What bothered me most was that he dictated everything from our visit out in the hallway!! There were at least 5 people who could hear everything he said as he rattled off my family history and the very personal details of my exam. I was horrified. I could hear what everyone else was in for as well since he did this for every patient in the clinic at that time! I'm sure this violates privacy laws. It definitely violated my sense of ethics.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

The staff is friendly, helpful and courteous. The overall office uses up-to-date technologies which vastly improve the wait time for patients. Dr.R is compassionate, caring and knowledgeable and, although busy, takes the time to be thorough once he's with you. Prescriptions are filled electronically and generally waiting for you at the pharmacy when you go to pick them up, alleviating the long wait times. And let's face it, who wants to wait around a pharmacy when you don't feel well? Lab services are conveniently located in the same medical building, which helps me avoid making yet another trip. I'd highly recommend this Doctor's office as your general physician.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

Dr. Jeffery A. Rochlen's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

(General) Workers Compensation