Ratings for Dr. James P. Brodeur

Dr. Brodeur also has a nasty side. I wanted him to consider my arthritis as anti-inflammatory or other since 2 other doctors in Richmond and the assistant chair at NYU all questioned my simple OA. He became enraged at me, still held on to the FMS diagnosis, told me to see a sychiatrist because they treat somataform illnesses, wrote an order for bloodwork. He also said my FMS would probably be better because my anger would help. (I was not angry, just speechless at the time.) I am a seasoned PhD psychologist, gradutate of William Alanson White in NYC. His anger at me was absurd for a physician of any sort. His indignation was diagnostic. I merely suggested another look. Wish I had said to him "Now let's consider your narcissistic injury as the result of my question." It has taken me almost 6 months to write this. I am shocked at having been treated this way. I'm glad to have this forum.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

Dr. Broduer is a really nice man, but I feel that if he decides you have something, then he is unwilling to consider another cause. I was referred to him by my doctor because my bones ache a lot and when blood was drawn it showed an elevated RA factor. Without re-testing for RA, he told me I had FMS based on tenderness in several areas of my body. I told him that those muscles had been sensitive all my life and I just wanted to stop the ache in my bones. He then gave me a prescrition and suggested a sleep disorder test because that is the biggest issue with FMS - not being able to sleep well. I told him that I sleep like a baby and because of this it didn't seem like FMS was problem. He didn't seem to want to pursue any other reason and implied that I was in denial. He has a great bed-side manner and takes time with you during your appointment. I just wish he would think outside the box and see if some other disease or illness could be the cause of a patient's problem.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Very useful. First person to diagnose me with FMS, ran thorough tests. Is well knowledged, and will look up additional information if needed. Will also break it down so you dont need a doctorate to understand what he's saying. I would recommended him to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

I could not be as active as I am today without his diagnosis and help.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2006

Dr. James P. Brodeur's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)