Ratings for Dr. Wendy A. Breyer

Please, please find another oncologist. Dr. Breyer is the rudest and most condescending professional I've ever worked with (inside and out of the medical field). I believe her oncology treatment contributed to my father's quick death. I was shocked at how rude she was to my mother, how she treated my father (her patient) like he was an idiot. When my mom asked what the latest blood work results were, she replied "I don't want to get into that. I'm not about to give you false hope." She is uncaring to the point that it's shocking. Her staff was kind and helpful. That was the only redeeming value of our experience. If you care about yours or your loved one's oncology care, please take the time and find another oncologist.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr.Breyer's staff was very kind. Dr. Breyer was very knowledgeable and informative. She made sure I was taken care of, but yes she has little patience if you ask her to repeat something or if you she asks you about a specific date that you'd had a paticular treatment and you cant remember the exact date. She called my current obgyn to get specific info and had a rude impatient tone with her as well. After our appointment she called another staff to set up an appointment and she was rude to her too. So, yes lack of people skills.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

She was very friendly. She answered all our questions and seemed very concerned and was very informative. Made sure all ou questions were answered.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I would never go back to Dr. Breyer. She is about as sympathetic as a rock ! I was having treatments weekly and she walked past me never smiling , or stopping to ask how is was feeling. Don't ask her any questions because she will stomp you into the ground. I made the mistake of asking a question and she said " I allready told you that " she also told me to get a pen and write down what she is saying because she will only tell me Once. I would never go back and I would run as fast as possible . She may be very knowledgeable in Oncology but has no idea how to treat people. Part of healing is knowing that your Dr. is honestly concerned with your well being . She has a way of degrading you and making you feel like you are just another number. You can get more empathy from a piece of paper than you can from her. I will never recommend her to anyone .

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Breyer is knowledgable and experienced. Most people have a problem, because she is a no-nonsense, let's get it done doctor. Moving forward toward the best outcome is her objective. If you need to feel warm and fuzzy, go elsewhere. We value her training, her direction, and her plan of action. We were blessed to find such a great doctor whom we trust and have confidence.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

i am glad to see the reviews here...cold, condescending, all knowing and you don't,no bedside manner, don't ask questions or do your research because she will tell you it doesn't work...will be writing letter of complaint to Medical Board. Don't be intimidated by her, find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I found her efficient, very knowledgable and she always listened to what I had to say. As soon as I started having serious pulmonary issues with one of the chemo drugs, she removed it. She ordered regular CT scans to see how things were progressing and she made sure I saw the specialists I needed to see when other issues popped up. She is also to the point and doesn't ****foot around about things. She has an excellent staff working for her and they go above and beyond what is needed for the patients.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Because of Dr. Breyers knowledge and attitude of action, I'd recommend her to anyone and I have. My wife battled cancer for 6 years- and we received 6 years more out of life! Dr. Breyer is compassionate but is not there for a pity party. You make the decisions but we were there for advice and to win the battle. Her staff was excellent. We went to UCLA twice, and across the country, for 2nd opinions, and came back to her as the other doctors could offer nothing more. She knows the latest information. She was kind yet direct but we wanted answers and action plans. If I needed treatment, I'd see here in and instant!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Breyer's chemo routine was entirely responsible for my mother's death and she never seemed to care one way or the other. Absolutely do not trust her. If she gives you or someone you love poor treatment (either medical or with her lack of bedside manner) please report it as it needs to be documented by her employers.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

This doctor deals with people in their time of greatest need, yet she is extremely cold and shows total lack of compassion. Rigid, defensive and scary. Might be well-educated, but no people-skills what-so-ever.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Wendy A. Breyer's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med