Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. King

Super Dr, just need to clone him so the wait wont be as long :)

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Excellent care, very impressed. I would recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. King is one of the best doctors in Birmingham. First of all, he is incredibly knowledgeable. Second, he has a way of relating to children and not being scary. We waited for 4 months for our pediatrician to diagnose our son's issue. Within 5 minutes of meeting us, Dr. King knew what was wrong. He then did testing to verify. He has been helpful every step of the way. Without Dr. King we would still be giving our child ineffective medicine our pediatrician was throwing at us. I will say that we have waited to see him before, but it is entirely worth it. He was incredibly kind to us, which was quite different than our experience with our pediatrician. He didn't seem annoyed by our questions and concerns. He's simply the best.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. King was VERY personable and knowledgeable. He joked with my son and made him feel very comfortable. His office staff were quite friendly and genuine. Great office- a barn- felt kinda like being at a vet! :D

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

My daughter was refered to Dr. King. We were very impressed with him my daughter loves him he is a very great doctor for kids and very through he was able to help her and she looks forward to visits with Dr.King. He also acts like he really cares about her.. Shes not just another patient..

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

This Dr. was amazing and had a greatdemeanor and understanding with my child, he was reassuring and found the problem that we had not been able to figure out.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Dr. King has been wonderful doctor for my daughter! From the start, he took my daughter's case very seriously when I couldn't get her pediatrician to listen to me. He is also very easy to talk to, and nothing but patient and kind when treating my daughter.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Dr. King was excellent with my son, he listened to me and explained everything very well. After 4 other Dr's completely ignored us it was refreshing to have Dr. King give us a diagnosis and effective treatment. My son is doing much better.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Dr. King is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He's great with kids, hysterically funny - both of my kids have seen him several times. He puts them at ease, is conservative in the amount of medication given (which I like) and he fits us in whenever needed. He does not make unnecessary diet adjustments, which is huge for Crohn's disease patients.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Dr. King diplayed a total lack of bedside manner. He refused to even physically examine my son, leaving it up to a resident even though he was the admitting physician. My questions were met with nothing but condescending remarks stating that I neednt question his methods even though they were totally different than what the referring physiscian told me he would do. I assure you if I ever go to Children's Hospital again, I will make a point to make sure that another physician is assigned to my child. I cannot express my total dissatisfaction enough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Stephen J. King's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1995)

Tufts