Ratings for Dr. Ingrid Gheen

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

For more than a year and a half I’ve suffered from chronic plantar fasciitis in both feet. I did exactly what I was told by the podiatrists, physical therapists, and personal trainers and only experienced marginal improvement and fleeting relief. I was referred to Dr Gheen through a friend who went to her for a partially torn ACL. It’s now 6 weeks after my first prolotherapy treatment. My left foot took one treatment to feel 99% better and my right foot is 95% better after 3 treatments. Each treatment consisted of several uncomfortable injections, but pain was less than stepping on a bee. There was noticeable swelling 3 through 30 hours after each treatment while my body rushed to heal the “fake injury”. It’s clear to me that the natural healing process is drastically accelerated by phototherapy. She is skilled, informative, patient and personable. The initial consultation was covered by insurance, but $200/treatment. It’s a shame I didn’t know about this and her sooner.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

As a professional athlete right knee cartiladge issues led to my ortho surgeon saying I could not play my preferred sport unless I had a knee replacement. After 2 treatments (cost $400) I am back playing to 75% at my peak, I am very happy about this and definitely recommend it.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

Dr. Gheen is a very knowledgable physician. I had chronic pain in my neck and back from an injury and almost every doctor I saw recommended surgery, which I desperately wanted to avoid. I felt Dr. Gheen was straight with me when she discussed the pros and cons of prolotherapy. After considerable reading on my part, I decided to give this procedure a go. I trust doctors who are good with their hands, and Dr. Gheen was able to locate the source of my pain. After a few sessons of prolo, my neck and back are substantially improved. In fact, I'm back to normal: even running and playing tennis again. I am grateful!! I think I may have been able to do so well because I was willing to work with her and follow her advice regarding working the joints and muscles gently after each prolo session. Overall, a very, very satisfied customer!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2006

Dr. Ingrid Gheen's Credentials

• Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ, Fak Med, Munchen, Germany (407-16 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD