Ratings for Dr. Barry Grossman

A warmer, more genuine, caring doctor cannot be found. Dr. Grossman is the most wonderful physician and human being. You know that he truly cares about you, and you are in excellent hands. I have been his patient for the past 14 years and I hope he never retires. Smart, funny, professional and direct, he is a throwback to the old "house-call" doctors, although he is neither old nor makes house calls. I couldn't agree more with the reviewer who wrote, "I am so glad there are still doctors like this." Bravo, Dr. Grossman!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Grossman has always taken the time to listen to your concerns and then base the best practices in helping you recover. He does not do unnecessary testing and truly cares for his patients. While I may have had to wait at times due to a back up in the office. I have always been more than pleased with the quality of care I have received. I am so glad there are still doctors like this.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

In general, the office treatment is very poor. They do not understand the concept of time and or appreciate the patients schedule. I came in for a few visits, needing to wait at least 2-3 hours every time. I've been promised to have some one get back to me with results, it has been over a month of me calling back and forth with no results in sight. I'm afraid this is another example where doctors are far from where they used to be. Why should we expect good service from a restaurant or a gym, and get the worst possible treatment at a medical center.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Grossman initially followed the first few logical steps (sonogram, upper endoscopy) to address my abdominal pain. Since those tests did not determine the problem, Dr. Grossman?s answer was to give me Aciphex (acid-reducing medication for the stomach), even though the problem had not been identified. I looked around and saw not only a stockpile of the meds in the office, but everything there ? the clock, notepads, pens, etc. ? had pharma logos on them. If you have any knowledge of the working medical system in the U.S., you know what that means. When I refused to take the meds and asked for an alternative, Dr. Grossman became angry at me. I did my own research online, altered my diet, and within two days the problem had gone away. How come you didn?t refer me to a nutritionist who could address the problems and not the symptoms, Dr. Grossman? And why did you get so angry at me? Is it because I challenged your methods? Address problems, not symptoms, like you are supposed to.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2006

Dr. Barry Grossman's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1998)