Ratings for Dr. John L. MacNeill

Very knowledgeable, compassionate , love his sense of humor, is up on newest information. Grateful he is my oncologist .

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I have seen Dr. MacNeill, and have found him to be very personable, and approachable, and with a sense of humor, all of which are important to me in a physician. He listens and responds with excellent advice and is willing to follow my wishes as related to my care, even though they may sometimes seem trivial. I am grateful to have him as my oncologist. Joy Barefoot

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Very good doctor.helpful, caring, experienced.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I saw Dr. MacNeill a few years ago for a blood disorder. He was a great doctor. He was so nice and was very helpful. He even helped me out with my doctor bills because at the time my insurance was not good. Also I ended up having surgery to fix my problem and he sent me to a surgeon that was excellent. I was really surprised when I was in the hospitol recovering from the surgery to see Dr. MacNeill walk in my room just to check on me. It was his day off. He is excellent and I would recommend him to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Dr MacNeill is the best! He is compassionate and understanding. He has been my husbands Oncologist for the past several years and not only does he answer my husbands questions and concerns, he also listens to mine and answers them. There have been several occasions where I have called the office with a question and received an answer from his staff but he still called me. There are not many doctors around like Dr MacNeill and we are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Amazing man. Amazing Doctor. Highly recommended if you need a oncologist.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

he saw my dad on short notice. my dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, had surgery and went 15 months cancer free. he had chose not to do chemo and radiation. Dr. MacNeill had lots of compassion, was empathetic and showed a general concern for comfort and end of life comfort. would recommend him to any of my family

flag | Submitted September 5, 2008

Very rude. Did not have time for me as a patient. Did not answer my questions and did not find out the answers. I would never send anyone I knew, loved or cared about to this man.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2006

Dr. John L. MacNeill's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lynchburg, VA