Ratings for Dr. John M. Downey

I've been his patient for over 18 years. I don't plan on ever changing. However I am concerned about if something happens to him what I would do then since he's the only doctor in his practice.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I have been a patient since 2001. Dr. Downey was the only physician who didn't think I was bonkers and ordered appropriate diagnostic tests to get a diagnosis. They are prompt in handling your prescription needs, too.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Downey and his staff are great and really understand pain. BE FORE WARED:They are not one of these clinics that just pass out pain pills unwarranted.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Downey, Lauren, Melanie and the other members of his staff are fantastic! They are very sensitive to my needs.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I think Dr. Downey and his staff are wonderful! Finally a doctor that listens and cares. And his staff too! So glad we found them!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

My name is ezel and I have been a patient since 98 and I'm gladly to say that Dr.Downey and staff are wonderful,helpful,loving,caring group of people I have ever met on a doctor office..when I cried talking about the loss of my child they listened to my problems and cried with me. Thank you Dr.Downey and staff your the best.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Downey for more than 12 years. I've had 4 spine surgeries, knee replacements and other painful orthopedic surgeries. I know a lot about doctors and their offices. This practice sets the bar entirely too high for others. It is by far the best physician practice I have ever dealt with. The PAs, Medical Assistants and administrative staff are simply the best.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Downey has helped my chronic lower back pain so much, I frequently want to hug him (and I am not a hugger!). His staff is friendly, accommodating and sympathetic. Could not ask for more!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I have only had one visit with Dr. Downey but I was very impressed! The doctor came in the room and immediately apologized for making me wait about five minutes, he said if someone waited over two minutes that was not OK! The last doctor I went to tried to see way too many patients and the average wait time was about four to five HOURS! Looking forward to working with Dr. Downey!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. John Downey is honestly the best doctor I have ever had. He truly is compassionate and sincere with all of his patients. He always takes the time to make sure you understand what he is talking about whether it be his approach to figuring out what to do with your particular case; what YOUR needs are: physical therapy? pain medications? Surgery? Referral to a Specialist? Are there any other questions that you may have? He will always take the time to go over these with you. He is always kind and polite and in a good mood. I would recommend him to anyone dealing with chronic pain. I don't know what I would do without his help. He changed my life!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. John M. Downey's Credentials

• Univ Of New England, Coll Of Osteo Med, Biddeford Me 04005 (Grad. 1983)