Ratings for Dr. Alexander Matz

I went to see Dr. Matz for a consultation, complaining about leg cramps and excessive bruising on my left leg. An ultrasound revealed valve reflux problems in my left leg and the beginning problems in my right leg. I decided to have both legs treated at the same time. The procedure was carried out over a year ago; I was able to walk out of the clinic and walk the 20 minutes it took to get where i was staying. The condition of my legs has improved; i no longer have leg cramps and no further bruising. During the year after the surgery I returned to the clinic several times for check-ups and all is in order. The procedure was painless and professionally carried out. Any subsequent queries I had with the Vein clinic were dealt with quickly and effiicently and to my satisfaction.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Best thing I ever did for myself. After years of pain in my leg, I am now pain free. The procedure was virtually pain free for me. Dr. Matz and his nurse/assistant are very caring and make their clients feel at ease.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I received sclerotherapy treatment by Dr Alexander Matz at the Atlantic Vein Clinic in Mineville, Nova Scotia. He also has an office in Halifax NS on Quinpool Rd. for consultations. The treatment was for small superficial veins for cosmetic reasons. The doctor was late over an hour. I was left to stand for an hour in the waiting area. Due to the nature of the procedure it was mandatory I remained standing up. There was no apology for this lengthy delay. I wish I would have followed my gut feeling at the time and left. I was never explained the procedure. The treatment was uncomfortable. There was a nurse present who is also his wife. The other nurse was instructed to apply tapes on my injection sites, she did not know how to apply the tape and had to be taught right there. They were not wearing gloves and my legs were not wiped with alcohol prior to starting the procedure. It felt disorganized, rushed and highly unprofessional. My right leg was done and haft way through my left leg he said he had to stop because the solution that was included in the treatment had all been used. None of this was explained prior to the treatment. Within the first 24 hours I called his office and spoke to his wife regarding concerns. I was loosing feeling in my feet at night, it was painful and kept me up all night. She asked me to come in. I drove 45 minutes there and back. I never spoke to the doctor. His wife told me to cut the compressing socks under the feet to release pressure. I also asked her about the pain in my legs and the extreme bruising. She did not remove my socks, she just told me that bruising was normal. 48 hours post op I removed the socks completely and my legs were black, purple and blue all over and some areas felt hard under the skin. I called his office immediately and once again was told on the phone by his wife the bruising is normal. I was so distraught at the sight of my legs bruised top to bottom. I had to miss work to seek the advice of another doctor who performs these procedures to ensure there was no serious complications. There was no follow up care regarding my concerns. It seems that once you sign the waiver, that means you will not have access to follow up care with the doctor. I followed all initial instructions; wearing the compressing socks for 48 hours, then every day for two weeks, only taking them off at night. But 2 months after my procedure, I have brown and blue stains and marks on my legs. In addition, my spider veins are still present. It appears my legs could be permanently stained and scarred. It is no longer bruising at this point. The stains could be hyperpigmentation of the skin from the injections. I will be seeing a different doctor and seeking treatment for this, hopefully there is a solution. I went for a treatment to improve my legs and came out worst. I wish I had never gone to this doctor. I do not recommend. Highly unprofessional. I chose this place because I trusted that going to a surgeon would be the very best choice. There are a lot of dermatologist who perform this procedure successfully. It is not supposed to be this way. A doctor should address concerns and follow up after procedure, they should want to see you in person regarding these concerns and be able to offer a solution. I never in my life have had to write a bad review online. But I feel it is important to share this bad experience

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015