Ratings for Dr. Thomas Egan

I saw Dr. Thomas Egan for several months. Initially he seemed promising, but now he appears to stream as many patients through his doors as quickly as possible. Every other adjustment he gave me made no difference whatsoever, which is disappointing, since a ten-minute appointment costs $50. Dr. Egan also insists on taking an excessive number of full spinal x-rays, thereby exposing patients to unnecessary levels of radiation. I cannot say he's a bad chiropractor, since, other than the excessive radiation exposure, I wasn't harmed under Dr. Egan's care; but I saw no evidence that I was helped either, nor did he do much to help equip me to move from passive treatment (adjustments) to active treatment (self-care). This problem may be related to Dr. Egan seeming too busy to explain much to patients about their physical problems. Perhaps this rush is one reason why he comes off as authoritarian. Additional note: Dr. Egan issues yearly contracts/agreements with patients.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016